Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:52 PM

652 posts, read 880,235 times

Advertisements

I talked to a psychic who predicted the end of the world. He said there were many gods, they would have to do battle for their survival. He said religion was dead and some souls would regret being born or ever coming to this world. I didn't believe him though. He spoke of one battle in the heavens years ago that THOR lost. He told the story of the lost Viking the world forgot about. He talked of the demise of Japan and said "make it a good death." He talked of homosexual men ruining many heterosexual married mens careers. I asked how and why, he said gay romps on video for the world to see.

I told him this was ridiculous, he told me the best things in life are free. He didn't charge me a penny. When I left he asked me who the mystery woman in my life was? I told him there is no woman in my life, I work alone and had to do everything alone in life.

I gave up on psychics years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 06:33 PM

305 posts, read 555,269 times
Is there a negativity to Tarot Cards? I sensed a reluctance (?) with some of the posts.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,720,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
Is there a negativity to Tarot Cards? I sensed a reluctance (?) with some of the posts.
Of course there is. People fear what they do not understand, as well as reject anything that does not mesh with their belief system.
There is a lot of negative opinions about Tarot. Much of which comes from certain religions.
There is also a considerable amount of misinformation about Tarot as well.
Such as those who read the cards are devil worshippers (which some Satanists read, but don't worship the devil), fakes (which some are- try to sell you potions to break a curse) and the list goes on.

The idea that tarot is a tool of the Devil came about when the Church banned gambling (several 100 years ago). Cards, dice and other games where forbidden. Many think that it was tarot exclusively that was banned, however, at that time in history, the tarot that is used for divination had not even been made yet.
Tarot at that time was a simple card game played with rules that is very similar to Bridge.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:55 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,912,682 times
I suggest having a friend that is capable to do a reading for you. I have done that for people I know and as no money came into play I feel the reliability was better.

Find it for free in short....

When I did a reading for someone. I gave her some good outlines of things coming her way and in fact they did. She was thrilled and still looks back fondly of our time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal