Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times

Advertisements

I had a similar experience with a door knob being turned. I literally stood there and watched the door knob turning. It was the door to the back yard from my Man Cave.

Since we have years of spirit activity incidents and because I don't perceive our spirit activity as being "evil" , I was not scared. No hair standing on end. I thought it might be an intruder, but I had the TV going, and the room lit up, etc. I checked and no one outside.

The TV room has always been active. Our dog would always stare at the closet area. But I told myself that could just as easily be mice scurrying around in between the walls.

Anyway, we have accepted our incidents as part of our reality, and there is no way we would sell out and move due to their activity. We did meet a neighbor who tells us an NDN lived here on our property who was like a medicine man. I believe he was a shape shifter. And to be honest, I actually like that idea. Kind of like an extra pair of eyes to watch over our house.

When I sit outside enjoying the night, I often light a smoke and put it somewhere for the spirits. We also pour out a drink of our beer or water for the spirits. For most of us Native American's, spirit world is real and we are part of it. They just live in a different realm that sometimes overlaps ours.

If the OP felt a gut feeling of fear, then it is best he listen to his gut instincts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM

81 posts, read 94,720 times
Default Spirit World

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

When I sit outside enjoying the night, I often light a smoke and put it somewhere for the spirits. We also pour out a drink of our beer or water for the spirits. For most of us Native American's, spirit world is real and we are part of it. They just live in a different realm that sometimes overlaps ours.
I am seriously impressed. Really enjoyed your account, and I agree: "We are part of it."

Old 08-02-2012, 07:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Had just got married back when i was 32 and we bought this 3 bedroom Ranch style modern house in northern Illinois . So....about 3 months into living there, I get awakened by my (then) wife at 2:30 a.m. telling me she thinks theres someone in the house cause she heard noises. So.. as the Protector of the family..i got up and checked all the doors inside and out and walked thru the house a couple times with a club in my hand. Nothing . A few more nights go by, and, my wife wakes me up again around 3 a.m. and says to me : ' Did you hear THAT ?' I said no, and she said it sounded like a round doorknob being turned then springing back into position. So, i repeated the same routine that i had done a few nights prior. Nothing. About a week went by and at around 2 a.m. we BOTH awoke at the same moment and looked at one another in surprise ; she said 'Did you hear THAT ?!' and i said Yes . It was very clear, somewhat loud, and sounded exactly like a doorknob springing back into position..only it sounded close to our bedroom and not from the exterior doors of the house which were a good 25' away. Absolutely convinced someone had just done the knob thing , I picked up the phone and called the local Police Dept. I stayed on the phone until they arrived then quietly opened the rear sliding glass door so the Police Chief and his two Deputys could come in. He told me to go back to our bedroom and stay there quietly. All 3 of them drew their Pistols and methodically canvassed the house including downstairs looking into closets along the way. After a good 15 minutes, the Chief knocked on the bedroom door and told us the house is clear with no signs of forced entry . Then they went on their way.

This doorknob noise continued off and on for the half a year that we lived there and as unnerving as it was, we just put up with waking up and going back to sleep again. It only occured in the early morning hours .

We sold the house due to THIS bad experience alone, and didnt have anything like that ever occur again . I came to be a Believer of evil forces from that experience. Anyone have that happen to them ????

I can't say with complete authority what it is you experienced, but there are a couple of things I am confident in knowing, and one of them is, if it were indeed a spirit of some kind, there would never have been a need for it to "turn" a door knob to gain entrance to your bedroom.
Spirits have the ability to pass though all kinds of matter.
Matter being substance, it holds no barrier to the spirit.
Spirit actions are controlled by thought.
If and when they feel the need to be somewhere, thought is all that is needed to transport them to the desired location.
Your bedroom door would simply not be a barrier to the spirit entering.
It would merely move right through the closed door.
The turning of a door knob is mysterious, and I am not saying a spirit isn't responsible for turning it.
I am just stating that spirits do not need to do that to enter a closed door,but turning the knob cannot be ruled out either.
I do feel, because you had never experienced this kind of behavior before, you just naturally would conceive it to be evil in nature.
That is just a natural human instinct.
Paranormal things are happening all the time, through out the universe.
When we witness our first, it does indeed frighten us.
Rather than make this an extremely long post, I will post another under this one to explain an encounter I had many years ago.
Bob.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Many years ago, when I first got involved with e.v.p., after many nights of failure, I finally managed to make contact.
I had read information others involved in the field had written, and still was really not prepared for my initial contact.
I had been at the recorder for about 15 minutes,when I heard this woman crying for help.
Bear in mind, this was late at night, and I was alone in the house.
I played the tape back, and as I listened, I felt a sudden chill over my entire body, and the hairs on my arms stood at attention.
Looking back,I know it was a basic human reaction, even though I knew that sooner or later I would make contact with some spirit.
I was unprepared for the actual experience.
I won't say I was frightened, but certainly apprehensive.
It was a combination of bewilderment, and joy.
Bewildered as to what it meant, and joy at the fact I had succeeded.
Through out my taping experiences, I have contacted many spirits.
Some have been extremely nice, and possess a wealth of knowledge, while others are on an entirely different plain, and still others that could only be called, evil spirits.
Through it all, I have learned much about things many humans will never know, until they pass on.
I don't know everything regarding the spirit world, but over the years,I have been very fortunate to learn what I have.
When one get's it straight from the source,there can be no second guessing.
There is no need to second guess.
We all have our beliefs, and far be it from me to dictate what you should believe.
As I stated before, I can only relate my beliefs, based on the sources I have.
The one thing I know for sure is, there is most definitely life beyond our human existence, and to those who do not believe, I can only say, they too, will learn.
Many are fortunate to experience that in one form or another, be it the unexplained turning of a door knob, or something more prevalent like seeing an image in the foreground.
I think the experience above, regarding the door knob, would be a harrowing experience for anyone, especially those who have never experienced paranormal behavior before.
When one can devote enough time in learning about things other than the human experience, it opens the door to untold wealth's of information.
It is a fascinating journey for anyone interested in learning, and though my first experience was a bit traumatic, I am a much better person for having experienced it, and moving on to learn more.
Bob.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Had just got married back when i was 32 and we bought this 3 bedroom Ranch style modern house in northern Illinois . So....about 3 months into living there, I get awakened by my (then) wife at 2:30 a.m. telling me she thinks theres someone in the house cause she heard noises. So.. as the Protector of the family..i got up and checked all the doors inside and out and walked thru the house a couple times with a club in my hand. Nothing . A few more nights go by, and, my wife wakes me up again around 3 a.m. and says to me : ' Did you hear THAT ?' I said no, and she said it sounded like a round doorknob being turned then springing back into position. So, i repeated the same routine that i had done a few nights prior. Nothing. About a week went by and at around 2 a.m. we BOTH awoke at the same moment and looked at one another in surprise ; she said 'Did you hear THAT ?!' and i said Yes . It was very clear, somewhat loud, and sounded exactly like a doorknob springing back into position..only it sounded close to our bedroom and not from the exterior doors of the house which were a good 25' away. Absolutely convinced someone had just done the knob thing , I picked up the phone and called the local Police Dept. I stayed on the phone until they arrived then quietly opened the rear sliding glass door so the Police Chief and his two Deputys could come in. He told me to go back to our bedroom and stay there quietly. All 3 of them drew their Pistols and methodically canvassed the house including downstairs looking into closets along the way. After a good 15 minutes, the Chief knocked on the bedroom door and told us the house is clear with no signs of forced entry . Then they went on their way.

This doorknob noise continued off and on for the half a year that we lived there and as unnerving as it was, we just put up with waking up and going back to sleep again. It only occured in the early morning hours .

We sold the house due to THIS bad experience alone, and didnt have anything like that ever occur again . I came to be a Believer of evil forces from that experience. Anyone have that happen to them ????
Jeez, really wish I hadn't read this @ 1am!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 PM

62 posts, read 109,791 times
Quote:
I had a similar experience with a door knob being turned. I literally stood there and watched the door knob turning. It was the door to the back yard from my Man Cave.

Since we have years of spirit activity incidents and because I don't perceive our spirit activity as being "evil" , I was not scared. No hair standing on end. I thought it might be an intruder, but I had the TV going, and the room lit up, etc. I checked and no one outside.

The TV room has always been active. Our dog would always stare at the closet area. But I told myself that could just as easily be mice scurrying around in between the walls.

Anyway, we have accepted our incidents as part of our reality, and there is no way we would sell out and move due to their activity. We did meet a neighbor who tells us an NDN lived here on our property who was like a medicine man. I believe he was a shape shifter. And to be honest, I actually like that idea. Kind of like an extra pair of eyes to watch over our house.

If the OP felt a gut feeling of fear, then it is best he listen to his gut instincts.
I honestly feel that the spiritual real is just like the physical realm, in that there are good spirits and bad spirits; just as there are good people and bad people. There is no reason to believe that once one passes onto the spiritual realm, their "personality" changes from what it was in the physical realm. If one were a bad person, they will be a bad spirit. And vice-versa.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
I honestly feel that the spiritual real is just like the physical realm, in that there are good spirits and bad spirits; just as there are good people and bad people. There is no reason to believe that once one passes onto the spiritual realm, their "personality" changes from what it was in the physical realm. If one were a bad person, they will be a bad spirit. And vice-versa.
You observations are correct to a point.
Some how you have made the physical human existence a separate entity from the spiritual one, when they are one in the same while here in this world.
A bad spirit will incarnate a human body, and naturally by the nature of the spirit within, the human will also have those same characteristics in it's behavior.
You should know that the human existence is nothing more than a vessel for the spirit, and it it for the sole use of the spirit as long as the spirit remains within it.
All thought and actions of the human are controlled by it's spirit.
If you doubt what I say, then I would like you to think of a time in your life.
It may have been yesterday, today, or many years ago.
Something you did, or said , had a profound impact on you, or someone else.
As an example, have you ever been behind the wheel of your vehicle, and for a brief moment been distracted by something, only to snap back into reality just before you were about to have an accident?
The spirit within caused you to come back to the present to avoid that accident.
There are countless instances where we have either said something, or done something that for the most part, we were not expecting to say or do.
For sure,the human element is void of thought.
Many believe we have what is called a guardian angle.
That angle is the spirit within us.
It not only guides,but is responsible for everything having to do with the human existence.
It is only through the spirit within us that we function at all.
Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 09-13-2012 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 PM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:

I've sat in front of a glass door, and heard footsteps come up to it, and then seen the door handle pushed down, and then it opened, right in front of my eyes, couldn't see anything there though.

That ghost was just playing, I'd been in another room a few minutes earlier, and kept hearing that door opening and closing, so I'd gone in to check it was closed securely, then sat down looking through it.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Jeez, really wish I hadn't read this @ 1am!!!
I know! I don't know why I do this to myself right before bed...far too often. You would think I would learn.

These stories remind me of several incidents I've had but most especially after reading this.....

Quote:

I agree. I had one incident, when I was younger, where the bed was shaking, like someone was stomping on the corner of it. My gut instinct told me, despite the fact that I could hear the t.v. downstairs and my parents talking, not to open my eyes. I'd had other instances but this one, my instincts were screaming, "Do. Not. Open. Your. Eyes!" I clenched them shut, held my breath and waited....but I knew, whatever I did, if I opened my eyes, I would see...that which I did not want to see. And once I did see it, it would know I saw it and that would be bad. That was what my instincts were telling me.

It just occurred to me, I'm having some experiences again. Many times, with several different televisions over the years in different parts of the country, different countries as well, the t.v. would just shut off. Sometimes five times in a row, sometimes three days in a row, sometimes a week or two would go by with nothing.

I would have just chalked it up to nothing or coincidence had it been one area or maybe one or two t.v.s but it's happened in several areas, several different sets and since...the early 90s.

After awhile, I would have sort of a conversation with whatever was causing it.

"OH, you again. Sigh." I'd turn the t.v. back on.

>click<

"Please stop, I'm trying to watch this."

>click<

"Seriously, nok it off."

I haven't had anything really happen since I've been here...except, I just realized, I have. The past...maybe two to three months, there we go with the t.v. again. New state, new area, but this time, it's the cable box that shuts down whatever is on the t.v. So, alas, I can't seem to escape this one.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
In more than one of the places I've lived, doorknobs would sometimes get stuck after you turned them. Then some time later, they would break loose and spring back into their "at rest" position. Some would even do it somewhat slowly, at least during the initial "unsticking", then they'd spring into place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal