Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,303,488 times

Advertisements

We have Bunyips in Australia!

Bunyip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They definitely exist, I've seen them at the footy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 AM

7,085 posts, read 7,017,968 times
So what did the one you saw look like? There seems to be a number of different descriptions of it.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM

34,380 posts, read 20,646,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Based on eyewitness accounts and our total inability to find any evidence ( nests, remains ) i'm thinking transdimensional creature.

Maybe they're just here on a little vaycay, or recon.
I don't know this first hand, meaning I am not Choctaw, but on that bigfoot show, a member of the Choctaw tribe pretty much agrees with what you said here.

It was when the bigfoot hunters were in southeast Oklahoma.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:33 PM

5,651 posts, read 19,419,934 times
I remember back in the 70s there was one here in Illinois there was a sighting of a supposedly white one, called the Murphysboro Mud monster or somesuch. I was scared (being a little kid then).

Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,319,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Not an attempt to proove anything- just my own little experience.
I have lived in Bigfoot country, Northern California, not to far from Willow Creek. I've been in the area near 25 years. Bigfoot stories are not too common. But when there is one, it's from credible people, people who have lived in the area for many years and know the nature of their surroundings and the wildlife habits, many are hunters.
I have not personally encountered Bigfoot. But my daughter, brother in-law and our big dog encountered something very unusual and both say it could only be Bigfoot. We all went up to check on the spring and start the pump to fill the water tank for the upper house. While down at the tool shed, the three of them continued to the spring. At first they thought it was a bear. Common scenario for sightings, it's our first guess as to what something like that could be. When it took off running down the mountain, it ran on two legs and waved its arms to move branches out of the way. That's when they realized this is not a bear. The dog took off after it and my daughter followed. No sight of it after that.

While Bigfoot has its myth here in North America, other countries have thier myths too. Half a world away is the Yeti. While down in South America at the source of the Amazon river, my father found and took a castings of a large human like foot prints. He showed it to the local indigenous people and they has stories about a Bigfoot like creature.
My dad was a entomologist wanting to preserve the rainforest. It would not benefit him in anyway to lie about such a thing. And he never took it to any 'experts' or the media. I'm sure he was thinking heaven forbid they tear apart the jungle looking for this thing.
I think that they are out there- what they are and what they are doing I have not a clue. But everyone who has had some sort of encounter that I have talked to, is not seeking any attention or in want of the limelight.

I don't really see any reason for this to be some kind of fear thing with society. Never known anyone to be afraid of them. It's not like they are going around campground and peeking in windows and scratching on doors.
This happened to a personal friend of mine. They come up in his yard and windows at night even after he moved away to another location.

The 'Siege' at Honobia

Please note that the BFRO did nothing to help. They had protection in the form of a small caliber pistol in a back pocket. They did succeed in getting the game wardens to investigate my friend by twisting what they posted on a forum. He does NOT poach deer.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:11 AM

14,994 posts, read 24,052,512 times
I used to like the stories about bigfoot/sasquetch, whatever you want to call them. In the 21st century, as late as the 50s, maybe even the early 60's, it was plausable. But not now, today, with so much of the earth mapped, charted, satelite imagary, video-tapped, fenced off, paved over, logged and replanted, development in forensics and DNA, it's just not plausable anymore.

From time to time the world, even now, finds new species that they never knew existed - usually that is at the microscopic level deep in the ocean depths or living in polar ice caps. If they can find something that difficult and small in such an obscure and challenging place, why can't they find huge monkey like creatures in the woods adjacent to civilization? Even most of what people consider as back country is just covered with logging roads. It was a fun fable while it lasted. I guess the same applies to UFO's (although advancements in photoshop technology gave that a boost in terms of hoaxes) and the Loch Ness Monster.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,503,940 times
Quote:
I used to like the stories about bigfoot/sasquetch, whatever you want to call them. In the 21st century, as late as the 50s, maybe even the early 60's, it was plausable. But not now, today, with so much of the earth mapped, charted, satelite imagary, video-tapped, fenced off, paved over, logged and replanted, development in forensics and DNA, it's just not plausable anymore.
You need to come and hang out in the Pacific Northwest sometime.
There are huge areas that might as well be complete wilderness.
And no "satelite imagary" is going to see through dense woods and tree cover.

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/

Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,618,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I find it odd too that no hunter has yet to bag one. I know growing up in Texas, hunting occasionally, we had more than a few individuals with the mentality that if they did see one, they would shoot it.
And I know there have been a few stories of people claiming they shot AT it I find it difficult to believe that everyone who has (Albeit a few) has missed so far.....
Unless again, there is nothing there.........
I believe Sasquatch could be real...but hypothetically-speaking, if he IS real, is he trans-dimensional, supernatural, or just an ancient creature who has managed to survive under the radar somehow?

If Bigfoot is trans-dimensional, he can most likely move out of this reality at will, before harm comes to him, and if he has a heightened sense of awareness (which makes sense if we believe he has the ability to move between dimensions), it is possible he perceives threats before they are carried out, and simply "disappears".

If Bigfoot is supernatural, it is possible bullets won't kill him...like werewolves, for example, who can heal themselves in a matter of minutes according to legend, unless it is a silver bullet.

If he's an ancient creature with no trans-dimensional or supernatural powers, I would agree it makes more sense that someone would have gotten one by now, there are some pretty gun-happy sorts in this world who would be ecstatic at the idea of being a "hero" and having pictures of themselves alongside their freshly-killed "prize" for all to see. So that's probably not it...

I've never been into the whole Bigfoot mystery, but now you actually have me thinking...thanks for that! It IS a very fascinating subject, and after hearing some of these stories, my curiosity has been engaged...love that !

Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 PM

34,380 posts, read 20,646,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
You need to come and hang out in the Pacific Northwest sometime.
There are huge areas that might as well be complete wilderness.
And no "satelite imagary" is going to see through dense woods and tree cover.

Bigfoot pictures, bigfoot sounds, bigfoot photos, bigfoot video, bigfoot sightings
I agree. And most americans are sitting in the recliner after night fall. Even in southeast Oklahoma, there are miles of woodland. Anyone ever stay up all night in the wilderness? A lot of spooky sounds to be heard.

I have to laugh at the BFRO guys though. They get soooooooo close, .... then they have to pack it in because they need to go back to base and talk about what they heard.

<a rock whistles by redbird's head>

WHA??? What was that???? No infrared! I left my infrared back in the pickup! Dang!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:47 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,290,542 times
Well I have seen Sasquatch and there were several of us that did. It was down along the Minnesota River bottoms below Flying Cloud airport. It was in the mid 70's and we went there to sneak up on the mad scientist who got fired from Control Data for being mad and lived in an old farm house where he conducted experiments in creating chicken sharks. While we were sneaking up on the farm house we noticed something huge (too big to be a chicken shark) sneaking up on us. We panicked and ran but it was probably a Sasquatch, either that or someone said later they thought it might've been moth-man. Either way, it smelled like Fox Deluxe beer farts and marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal