Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 06:57 PM

3,516 posts, read 776,661 times

Advertisements

i have a bigfoot story ..in 1975 bigfoot was spotted in southern tenn .. lincoln county to be exact ..i know the fellow who saw him ..stanley moore .. .. anyway i was still dating a high school sweetheart from that area ( lincoln lake ) and one weekend jerry and i were up there after having gone on our dates and were taking my girlfriend home .. of course i had been partaking in the suds most of the nite and needed to relieve myself so we diverted down a lonely one lane dirt road and i stepped out behind the car to do my duty .. as i was doing my buisness a rather large white face cow leaned over a fence and snorted real loud in jerrys rolled down window ..He screamed .. both the girls screamed and he floored it spewing gravel all over me and leaving me in the middle of that dirt road with little willie hanging out ...i ran faster than O.J simpson ever thought about and finally caught up with jerry about a 1/4 mile down the road .. when i got to his window i slapped his door out of breath and grunting for him to open it and let me in .. again he yelled out and so did the girls and off again he went but .. eventually i got back in the car and the nite was finished
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 07:01 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,994,029 times
He's hiding in plain sight... As my boyfriend. Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old 12-06-2014, 11:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,856,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
These creatures don't have to live in a remote forest area.
They will have to live somewhere where no human could ever have any interaction with them to the point of never recovering any evidence of their existence. That in itself would mean it would have to be a remote, wooded area. Wooded because the plains sure as heck would not provide the type of cover needed for an animal this size to escape all human efforts to collect evidence of its existence.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,856,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Woodland1109, good post. Especially the part about your husband.

I thought Versaitle stated 14K acres of forest area was for one county, McCurtain County which is in southeastern Oklahoma. The southeastern portion of OK is forested. So there is NOT just 14K acres of forest land in Oklahoma.

There are reports of bigfoot in central Oklahoma which is not heavily forested nor remote.
He was talking about two separate areas; one a park which all of a whopping 14k acres, another a county which it dotted with numerous farm fields, hardly an area for concealment of a large primate for decades upon decades, while not providing any proof what so ever of its existence.

Then he jumps to a whole other area because he knows how absurd his claim is.

He also acts like he is the only person to even live, there, as if no one else has any experience in the area, and he is some sole possessor of knowledge and experience in the area.

But me claiming to know the area does not need substantiated at all compared to someone claiming there is a large primate roaming around, in which its discovery would be one of the largest scientific discoveries in recent history.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,262,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He was talking about two separate areas; one a park which all of a whopping 14k acres, another a county which it dotted with numerous farm fields, hardly an area for concealment of a large primate for decades upon decades, while not providing any proof what so ever of its existence.

Then he jumps to a whole other area because he knows how absurd his claim is.

He also acts like he is the only person to even live, there, as if no one else has any experience in the area, and he is some sole possessor of knowledge and experience in the area.

But me claiming to know the area does not need substantiated at all compared to someone claiming there is a large primate roaming around, in which its discovery would be one of the largest scientific discoveries in recent history.
You sure have your head twisted on wrong. I am not a sole expert on anything at all. Just posted some on my own thoughts of this a what i have been told and learned from others with so much more knowledge and experience.

I say believe what you want. What you say and think means nothing to us that have done our homework.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:27 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times
Personally, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. Especially on this topic, but also on any topic, subject, or belief.

My tribe, southern plains tribe, and other Native American tribes have legends of a similar creature prior to european contact. Does that mean it's true? No, it means we have a legend. There are also reports of sightings or prints or whatever even here in central Oklahoma which is the southern plains. I spend a lot of time outdoors and live in a rural area. However, no UFO's or Bigfoots have come to my porch wanting to share some brewskies. I don't care. For us, legends are a cultural identity as opposed to a scientific endeavor. Just as all tribes have origin legends.

I talked to some Natives at work and found that some believe the bigfoot creature in central Oklahoma is smaller than the bigfoot in the PNW. I enjoy hearing the stories and I often LOL at the bigfoot show with Matt Moneymaker. Actually, I enjoy the show as much as I smh. I think that Finding Bigfoot show had an episode in central Oklahoma.

I just don't get all uptight about "debating" non-believers. I accept their logic of "surely there MUST be evidence!" as scientific thinking requiring empirical evidence.

If you don't believe the creature exists, that is fine with me. I am NOT going to say the creature needs x amount of forest. I am sure some zoologist or cryptologist will have a say in that, but I am not an expert.

Last edited by _redbird_; 12-09-2014 at 02:36 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 03:05 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,262,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Personally, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. Especially on this topic, but also on any topic, subject, or belief.

My tribe, southern plains tribe, and other Native American tribes have legends of a similar creature prior to european contact. Does that mean it's true? No, it means we have a legend. There are also reports of sightings or prints or whatever even here in central Oklahoma which is the southern plains. I spend a lot of time outdoors and live in a rural area. However, no UFO's or Bigfoots have come to my porch wanting to share some brewskies. I don't care. For us, legends are a cultural identity as opposed to a scientific endeavor. Just as all tribes have origin legends.

I talked to some Natives at work and found that some believe the bigfoot creature in central Oklahoma is smaller than the bigfoot in the PNW. I enjoy hearing the stories and I often LOL at the bigfoot show with Matt Moneymaker. Actually, I enjoy the show as much as I smh. I think that Finding Bigfoot show had an episode in central Oklahoma.

I just don't get all uptight about "debating" non-believers. I accept their logic of "surely there MUST be evidence!" as scientific thinking requiring empirical evidence.

If you don't believe the creature exists, that is fine with me. I am NOT going to say the creature needs x amount of forest. I am sure some zoologist or cryptologist will have a say in that, but I am not an expert.

I have met a CHICKASAW Indian that said his grandmother calls them Haddicks.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:11 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,956,764 times
Many cultures around the world have legends of the hairy man or wild man of the woods:

Wild man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Basque mythology, they taught us things like agriculture and metal working. Some have suggested these legends represent remnants of ancient memories of our interactions with Neanderthals, Denisovans, etc.

As redbird points out, there is great cultural value to these stories, defining who a ppeople are and where they come from. For many of us modern Westerners, unfortunately, we've lost our defining stories, and the wodwos have retreated to the far forests and river bottoms. Legend and myth simply means untrue things to us rather than being the defining stories of our cultures. The Sacred Groves have been emptied of their power as are many of the churches of our traditional religions; so some of us find solace in UFOs, or the paranormal, or cryptids.

The search for Bigfoot is, therefore, a search for meaning; but the True Believers need to ask themselves: if you grab his foot and hold on, will he tell us your heavenly names or greet you with silence? Do you really want to find what you're looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal