Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 11:15 AM

79 posts, read 231,283 times

Advertisements

I filed on Oct 1, and was given a confirmation number. Along with the confirmation number, there was a message saying my first date to claim weeks would be 10/16.

But when I go to check my claim information by entering ssn and pin number, I get the following message online.

No automated claim information is available. Please contact 1-800-204-2418, for further assistance.

When I call this number, there is an option to hear information about your claim. After entering SSN and pin number, it says "we are unable to understand something yada yada".

When trying to speak to a live operator I have got the same message multiple times, "no agents to assist you, try back later.".

Anyone know why I am unable to check on my claim (I really want to check on how much I'm supposed to be getting)?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,537,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1977 View Post
I filed on Oct 1, and was given a confirmation number. Along with the confirmation number, there was a message saying my first date to claim weeks would be 10/16.

But when I go to check my claim information by entering ssn and pin number, I get the following message online.

No automated claim information is available. Please contact 1-800-204-2418, for further assistance.

When I call this number, there is an option to hear information about your claim. After entering SSN and pin number, it says "we are unable to understand something yada yada".

When trying to speak to a live operator I have got the same message multiple times, "no agents to assist you, try back later.".

Anyone know why I am unable to check on my claim ?
Because today is only October 5th. Only three working days have elapsed since you filed - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. FL is not the best state when it comes to processing UE claims. If your employer is slow in responding to any inquiries from FL, that will also hold things up. Try again next week.

Here's an unofficial calculator for FL. Plug in your numbers. It should give you a rough guesstimate of your benefits.

Florida Unemployment Benefits

Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 PM

426 posts, read 1,910,063 times
Hi. I am from Florida. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Make sure you go to 'Employ Florida' and apply for 5 jobs a week. write down the jobs including the job numbers.

They dont have your file set up yet. This is why it says no info is avail. Just wait a few days. Check back on Wednesday. Meanwhile make sure you look for 5 jobs a week.

If you still have issues, let me know.

If you are denied benefits, do not say anything or write anything. Come here and get some advice first.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 AM

79 posts, read 231,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdavie View Post
Hi. I am from Florida. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Make sure you go to 'Employ Florida' and apply for 5 jobs a week. write down the jobs including the job numbers.

They dont have your file set up yet. This is why it says no info is avail. Just wait a few days. Check back on Wednesday. Meanwhile make sure you look for 5 jobs a week.

If you still have issues, let me know.

If you are denied benefits, do not say anything or write anything. Come here and get some advice first.
Do I have to go to that site to apply for jobs?

Last time I was on unemployment I remember that there would be an area during the process where I would plug in what jobs I had applied for.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 PM

426 posts, read 1,910,063 times
www.employflorida.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment