Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM

5 posts, read 7,228 times

Advertisements

Joined this forum since I am entirely unable to get a single answer from EDD, since I can never get through on the phone and their e-mails do absolutely nothing to answer the question.

I just finished my first 26 weeks of unemployment. Fortunately things are looking positive so I might be on my last week or two of unemployment, but nonetheless, still need to make sure everything is in order. For my last two week period, I was "cashed out" and only received about half of what I should have received for those two weeks - $487 instead of $900. My questions:

1) It is my understanding that now that I have reached $0, CA automatically files the extension and I keep doing things like normally, correct? Do they mail me any forms/notifications? Should everything be sorted out by the time my current two week period is over on 10/15?

2) When the extension is filed and approved, will I receive the other $413 of the amount that I would have normally received for the two week period that ended 10/1? Or is that not owed to me?

Thank you in advance. This forum is so much more informative than the EDD could ever be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM

330 posts, read 1,458,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1234M View Post
Joined this forum since I am entirely unable to get a single answer from EDD, since I can never get through on the phone and their e-mails do absolutely nothing to answer the question.

I just finished my first 26 weeks of unemployment. Fortunately things are looking positive so I might be on my last week or two of unemployment, but nonetheless, still need to make sure everything is in order. For my last two week period, I was "cashed out" and only received about half of what I should have received for those two weeks - $487 instead of $900. My questions:

1) It is my understanding that now that I have reached $0, CA automatically files the extension and I keep doing things like normally, correct? Do they mail me any forms/notifications? Should everything be sorted out by the time my current two week period is over on 10/15?

2) When the extension is filed and approved, will I receive the other $413 of the amount that I would have normally received for the two week period that ended 10/1? Or is that not owed to me?

Thank you in advance. This forum is so much more informative than the EDD could ever be.
Yes to all of your questions.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,216 times
Thanks. Finally a simple answer to simple question. Now I can breathe again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment