Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 AM

11 posts, read 19,625 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Great to find a place like this to gather and talk about this mess. I have a question. I live in Arkansas, the business I worked for closed down in April of last year. I immediately got on Unemployment. I successfully received two extensions and then right after June 2nd my 2nd extension ran out. I received a letter saying that there was no EUC benefit period in effect and to keep filing my weekly claims. What is weird is that I logged into our system last Monday and it said I had 3990 so I figured that my third extension had went through. To my shock, after I got the letter I logged back in, and it said I had $0 balance. I called today to ask what was going on, and they said to just keep filing. I asked her about the new bill and she said that she didn't think anything was going to pass and if it did it would just help certain states, not nation wide. I was in shock and horror when she said that, being a single parent with two young children and a house payment on deck. Is this true, that if this does pass it will only affect certain states? I'm a nervous wreck trying to figure out what to do. I don't know if Arkansas has a different set of rules?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 15,147 times
Default Tier IV in Arkansas??

I have a similar problem. Last week was the end of my tier III. Even if the bill in congress now passes, I don't know if it will help me. It is my understanding that there is no 4th tier in Arkansas and I know that Arkansas does not have a state extension that some states have for people who exhaust their federal benefits. Is there anything on the table for people like me? Also the COBRA subsidy has run out. Even if it is renewed, my Cobra runs out in July. Does anyone have any answers for all this?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,655,768 times
kgarr,
Unfortunately it looks like you have no more benefits, Reading your state website it appears there is no EB for you and I believe your Unemployment rate is to low for a Tier 4. The bill that is in congress will not help you at all as COBRA has also been removed from that bill.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/14610363-post108.html

Old 06-14-2010, 05:53 PM

Default Thanks OHGreat

Thanks for the info. I don't really like it as it is not good news, although it is what I was afraid of. I had been trying to find the information on-line myself but wasn't having any luck. I did get two calls today for interviews. I guess I just have to pray that one of those jobs pans out. Even interviews have been hard to come by! Thanks again.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:59 PM

Sorry to be the one to give the bad news. Good luck with the interviews, Wish I had some interviews, been several months since I last had an interview.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM

Smile For Roncore

Having been through the three tiers in Arkansas, I think you should be fine for another 13 weeks (hopefully you won't need it) if they ever get the bill passed. I think that if you keep filing and make your required contacts that you would get $$ retroactive to when your tier II expired. I'm just basing that on what I've learned from other unemployed Arkansawyers the last two times this has happened. You can learn a lot from standing in line for hours at the unemployment office with people in the same boat!

Old 06-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Unfortunately I'm a Michigander! And am on Tier 4 with 3 weeks left, Although if the 4213 bill passes I will have 20 weeks of EB thanks to being in the worst state in the union for jobs.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:59 PM

11 posts, read 19,625 times
Thanks guys for the heads up. I'm still filing and crossing my fingers for this bill to pass until I have more time to evaluate my options and such.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM

Good luck OHGreat! I don't know which is worse, getting interviews but not the job, or not getting the interviews in the first place. They both STINK!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,608 times
Default email daily and phone calls

Hello i urge everyone who has struggled thru the worst economy in deacdes and decades...to email your senatore email other states senators email the president call in talk radio phone snail mail do every thing in ur power to let our elected officals know we are the tax payers we want only want is needed and the stalling and the put downs of lazy and handouts will be remebered and with our strongest tool vote them out dont allow them to think they have the o power its disgusting what has gone on and what will go on this recession is obviously not over and they are saying daily on the senate floor how the american people are sick of spending they are not telling the truth as to what we are sick of theyare lying and anyone who is going thru it knows it.. so let ur voics and ur typing han d be heard millions of unemployed which means people who were laid of f not lazy people looking for handouts...and their families need to let all that legislate we are not against emergency spending and job creation we are against wastefull do nothing help ur buddies and create war spending john mccain and ur inanae ass clown buddies please blast emails and calls let ur voice be heard .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment