Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 08:48 AM

11 posts, read 67,625 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I just switched over to EB benefits after hanging into a limbo for a month. For some reason their system couldn't process the EB even though I was eligible. So after tones of calls, I finally got someone to manually do it. The thing is, they never sent me anything on how EB works because the mailing is system generated and of course I am not in their system for EB yet. Well, they just manually sent me the work search form and I am having some trouble filling it out. Anyone who has done it for NJ, please help so that I don't make mistakes and be disqualified. All my job searches are online. Here is what I think will go in each column:

- The first column, Date, is self-explanatory

- The second column, Name and Address of Employer or Internet Address, is this where I should include the internet address of the job posting itself from places like Dice or CareerBuilder or does it need to be from an employer's website specifically?

- Now the third column where it says Method of contact, I guess listing Internet would be enough.

- The fourth column Person or Website contacted, what goes here? The name of the website or another web address? How do I fit it in?

- The fifth column, Type of Work Sought, guessing would be full time/part time type of deal.

- The last column, Result of Contact, should I say no result or have not heard from employer?

- One other thing I was curious about was the date of the job search. I just got the form yesterday and they want 3 separate searches since Monday. I have list ten of them but they were all on one day. Today's the last day so I applied again for some more but that's still two different days. How much cross checking do they do with the employers on the dates you searched on?

Thanks a bunch in advance! I am really new to this so any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,221 times
All of that is fine. I used to put the web address as the contact also and the type of work sought was full-time admin or office, etc. The result of contact for me was "no response." Listing the internet is ok too, I would try to find out the company name and put that down, if not, just the web address.

You really can't make a mistake, just make sure you send them in on time.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:21 PM

53 posts, read 141,350 times
Here is what I do and I haven't had any problems so far:

- Name and Address of Employer or Internet Address: I write the email address or website of the employer and the city and state if listed. I often use Craiglist job listings and I just squeeze in the email address listed in the ad.

- Method of contact: Emailed resume., faxed resume, online application, etc.

- Person or Website contacted: If there is no contact name I squeeze in the email address again (such as with Craigslist ads) or the website address. When I say squeeze in I mean I'll continue in the next field or use multiple lines, etc. Whatever I have to do to squeeze in all the required info.

- Type of Work Sought: Job title.

- Result of Contact: No response yet.

- One other thing I was curious about was the date of the job search. I just got the form yesterday and they want 3 separate searches since Monday. I have list ten of them but they were all on one day: Just list three different jobs you applied for that week with three different dates. They're not going to check. Really.

Just be sure to complete all the sections and mail it on time and you'll be fine.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM

11 posts, read 67,625 times
Thanks so much WendyEF and pugsanonymous

Old 09-11-2011, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,631 times
You said that you "oten use Cragslist job listings and squeeze in the email"..

Is that what you put under name and address of employer? "Craigslist job listing", or were you just explaining that you use that site alot?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I don't have a company listed in the craigs ad, do I put: "craigslist job listing, and the email address?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment