Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 7,278 times

Advertisements

So I guess I am hitting my year mark or something, and my claim expires Nov 27th, but the claim will still have 4k~ of a balance when it expires. Will I be able to get this money? I heard that Congress turned down a bill extending benefits past Nov 30 so does that mean I will be out of luck?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 7,278 times
This is California btw

Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorojo View Post
So I guess I am hitting my year mark or something, and my claim expires Nov 27th, but the claim will still have 4k~ of a balance when it expires. Will I be able to get this money? I heard that Congress turned down a bill extending benefits past Nov 30 so does that mean I will be out of luck?
No, you will not be out of luck and will be able to collect whatever tier you are on until it is exhausted. Most likely you have just begun Tier 2 for 14 weeks.

Congress turned down a bill extending eligibility for new tier benefits and payment of Extended Benefits past December 31, 2011 in most states. Anyone eligible for Tiers 2, 3 and 4 on December 31, 2011, can collect those benefits into 2012. Last eligibility date for transition from state benefits to Tier 1 benefits is December 24, 2011.

EB payments will cease in most states anywhere between December 31 and January 14th, although a few states will pay to the end of the month. In addition, other states mandate payment of EB, and those benefits should continue. California is not one of mandated states.

There is movement afoot in Congress again on extending the benefits. I expect they will be. But for now, as I stated above, anyone collecting EUC tier benefits can exhaust that particular tier into 2012.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 PM

41 posts, read 127,767 times
I do think congress needs to rework the system a little bit though. Maybe let this one end and restart a new one.. Mostly because I'm not even sure if congress even understands anymore how this unemployment program works.

But from what it sounds like, you have reached your BYE (benefit year end) date.

Now what happens is you need to call in and they will recheck your income and see if you qualify for a new claim, or you can be placed on the previous claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment