Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,240,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Say what? I don't remember the blue team "withholding" any information. They both were in the same interview with the wife ...
You're right. It was the gal's team Suzanne who went to the meeting and then let so little of the information to the rest of her team. My pal Tennille (again), she had an inkling of the cuisine that the soldier wanted and offered to make a gumbo or similar, that probably would have been a big hit. However her offer was dismissed without even a comment by Suzanne, and the rest is history.

But wasn't there a service where the guys had the knowledge of the evening's meal, and kept the gals in the dark which made their work more difficult and sure to fail? You're right it was not the returning hero's night. Perhaps I am dreaming But I remember feeling the gals' frustration in a lose - lose situation.

I agree with Jim's dismissal last night for the reasons stated. Andy was a disaster but was he kept because he seemed to keep trying?

I wish the show was on an hour later at 9:00. At 8:00 here it's still light outside and I have so much to do out there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 AM

9,987 posts, read 10,171,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Force? Nobody held a gun to his head. He could have refused on health grounds.
Your right, "force" may have been too strong of a word.

Still, I would think that the producers would have looked out for Robert's health somewhat.

They could have devised another "punishment" that wasn't so physical for him.

BTW, the bicycle stunt was stupid IMO. I don't care for Robert, but he needs to look out for his health.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:52 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,303,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Gawd..............that donkey Jaxson( ) has rubbed off on me and I'm getting tired of this show......sorry you cows but it's true. Same old,same old,same old..............

Kevin is a shoo in to win.
hehe you have to admit it is really getting stewpid and for me unbelievable that anybody wants to get on this show. To go through GR's process and be humilated on national TV? The seasons I have watched I hope to shout that most kitchen workers in high class joints aren't as 'ew' as these cooks are. You are right it is getting to be same ole same ole.

I watched last night because the kids were watching Americas Got Talent which I think is a sad show too.

Robert should have never been brought back when he didn't lose any weight or take last season's health scare seriously.

Now off with ya~

Old 08-19-2009, 01:10 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,477,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
You're right. It was the gal's team Suzanne who went to the meeting and then let so little of the information to the rest of her team. My pal Tennille (again), she had an inkling of the cuisine that the soldier wanted and offered to make a gumbo or similar, that probably would have been a big hit. However her offer was dismissed without even a comment by Suzanne, and the rest is history.

But wasn't there a service where the guys had the knowledge of the evening's meal, and kept the gals in the dark which made their work more difficult and sure to fail? You're right it was not the returning hero's night. Perhaps I am dreaming But I remember feeling the gals' frustration in a lose - lose situation.

I agree with Jim's dismissal last night for the reasons stated. Andy was a disaster but was he kept because he seemed to keep trying?

I wish the show was on an hour later at 9:00. At 8:00 here it's still light outside and I have so much to do out there
The night the of the soldier's return, the winning team's dishes were served at dinner. The men were supposed to show the women how to make their dishes, since they won, but wouldn't. That's where the withholding comment came from. Robert told the men he didn't want the women to beat them with their own recipes, so the guys wouldn't tell the women what all went into some of the dishes. Turns out the men didn't have to worry, because Tek couldn't grill steaks. One example that comes to mind is when Jim was showing Suzanne how to make the potatoes. She asked him what was the black stuff in it, and he said he didn't know. Sabrina tried to find out what was in one of the appetizers and each man kept telling her to talk to someone else.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,240,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
The night the of the soldier's return, the winning team's dishes were served at dinner. The men were supposed to show the women how to make their dishes, since they won, but wouldn't. That's where the withholding comment came from...
Thank you That's it, now I know I'm not crazy.

Quote:
... Robert told the men he didn't want the women to beat them with their own recipes, so the guys wouldn't tell the women what all went into some of the dishes...
That's what I was talking about when I said I hoped he would not be back. I think one should succeed on their skills, not by sabotaging others And I came in late on an earlier episode where Robert was thundering around the kitchen hollering at everyone. WTH?? Had he killed GR and taken over

Old 08-19-2009, 02:48 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,654,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Your right, "force" may have been too strong of a word.

Still, I would think that the producers would have looked out for Robert's health somewhat.

They could have devised another "punishment" that wasn't so physical for him.

BTW, the bicycle stunt was stupid IMO. I don't care for Robert, but he needs to look out for his health.
I was actually telling my wife that I think that part was all an act and part of the show. I have to agree, no producer would put him on a bike like that and take the risk of him getting seriously hurt. Show or not, the potential lawsuit there if he got seriouly ill could ruin the show - especially since they already knew he had healthy issues from last season. And even if the producers wanted to do it, I don't see the studios legal team letting it happen. Just my opinion.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM
bjh

60,622 posts, read 30,730,255 times
There were 2 ways in which info. was withheld from the women:

1. Suzanne wouldn't share food preferences the wife explained in the meeting. She seemed to think if she controlled everything she'd come out a hero. Instead, it backfired on her and her team.

2. Once the men, under Robert's directions, won the right to have their recipes used for that dinner, the men, again under Robt.s directions, agreed not to let them know the recipes.

I wonder about Jim. His attitude or lack thereof seems so weird. What was he abused as a kid? The only way not to get whacked was to close down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I hope Robert is retired from this show. His attitude and contributions haven't been worthwhile.
Agree, and on your other comments too.

The producers certainly were stupid to put Robert on that bike. To even allow him on it. And you could hear Scott shouting at Robert and no one else to pedal. Young fit guys were struggling.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,213,388 times
Okay donkeys ...

I watched it last night. So glad they got rid of Jim. Too bad they couldn't flush Andy out too. Both those dumbos need to be gone! Jim was just WAY too lackadaisical for me. If I saw him in real life, I would bust a cap in his ass - but sadly, I'd still get no response. Can't imagine this guy in a bedroom, let alone a ktchen!

Okay, moving right along ...

Robert on the Octobike. I work in the legal field, so I am figuring that Robert agreed to get on the bike and most likely signed a waiver before getting on this show (Everyone probably had to sign one) stating that he would not sue the show or its producers in the event he is injured during the making of this show. If no waivers were signed - by anyone - we'd be seeing anyone and everyone on this show suing for all types of injuries and/or intentional infliction of emotional distress from being yelled at and put down/called names.

I hope Robert is going to be okay, but I do hope he seriously heeds the warning. He was already given a second chance (that WE know of - there may have been other incidents we don't know about, that were not filmed during his lifetime) and he didn't do anything to improve his situation. Now here he is AGAIN, with another heart problem - a THIRD chance (that we know of). How many more chances is this guy going to have before the man upstairs pulls the plug on Robert's life? He needs to listen up, take notice, and do something about his health. He is still a young man with a whole life ahead of him - IF he will take care of his health.

If he is unable to return to the show, GR should NOT bring him back. Enough is enough, already!

Tenille, Tenille, Tenille!!! I understand being at the breaking point where you just get so sick and tired of someone on your back that you just lose your cool and blow your top. I can't blame her. However, she isn't stupid (despite being called a "stupid cow"), so she knows what this show is about. A BIG part of this show is about GR yelling and calling people names. Get used to it. Nobody goes unscathed. Everybody gets yelled at and called names. That's just how it is. You can't lose your cool over it. You have to remain in control of your own emotions and show that you are a strong person (and hopefully a good chef too). That being said, I'm glad GR allowed Tenille to go back into the kitchen. I wasn't wild about Tenille foaming at the mouth though. I know you guy saw it too. Yuck!

I couldn't believe Sabrina didn't know how to cut chicken! What is up with that???

During the elimination talks I thought it was really unfair of the guys to talk about putting Robert up for elimination because he wasn't there. WTH?? I'm sure if Robert felt up to it, he would have been in the kitchen with his team! I don't like Van, think he is a loudmouth pr*ck with a sh*tty attitude, and I hope he is up for elimination soon.

Likewise, I thought it was really dirty of the ladies to try to put Tenille up for elimination because she "left the kitchen". She only left the kitchen because GR TOLD her to leave the kitchen!!!

Okay, so my picks for elimination are Andy, Van, Suzanne, and Amanda. But I predict Andy will be gone next week. He's a screwup and needs to be gone.

Oops - didn't mean to write a manuscript ... but this donkey had a lot to bray about this week!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM
bjh

60,622 posts, read 30,730,255 times
Anyone can sue whether they signed a waiver or not. They can claim they signed the waiver under duress or that they were misled about its meaning. Just sayin'.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:25 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,213,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Anyone can sue whether they signed a waiver or not. They can claim they signed the waiver under duress or that they were misled about its meaning. Just sayin'.
Not to argue, but there has to be some pretty extenuating circumstances in order to sue, and duress must be proven by a preponderence of the evidence. I am an attorney, so I am kinda familiar with these things.

Typically, one doesn't sign a waiver under duress. If a person is that distressed - they won't sign, and the producers will not have them on the show. There are others who WILL sign, that won't have to be coerced into doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV