Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM

897 posts, read 2,834,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
My opinion that Megan acted childishly was about more than just her comment about Simon. It was more about her big toothy theatrical smiles and waves to the camera when put in the bottom three and then given the hook, that crazy little bird dance ... things like that. She was trying to portray an attitude almost like not only did she not care that she was going home, but that she wanted it, or found it hilariously fun to lose. It reminded me of a child being excluded from a game on a schoolyard and being so hurt that he pretends it doesn't bother him at all, that it's funny, that he didn't really wanna play to begin with. Childish.
I agree. When we got to look back at her AI "journey" last night, it helped me remember why the judges liked her so much. She looked great during the audions and had (has) an amazing voice. It almost as though she wanted to show her rebellious side and completely lost focus. Since the main part of the show has started, she has completely tanked and last night was just very sad moment for her. I think the real Megan Joy finally appeared and it was not a very pretty picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM

10,284 posts, read 14,719,936 times
I can't believe Megan got the boot last night and not that dude (Mark???) who did the Fray song. He's got a weak voice really, and I agree 100% with Simon's assessment of him--too wannabe.
Anoop was awful and rightfully so he was in the bottom. He needs to go like yesterday.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The judges were ridiculous criticizing Allison. She is so good, I wasn't paying much attention to way she dressed.
I think it has to do with her age & maturity level. IMO she has an incredible voice. The judges have commented in the past about other contestants (Diana D??) and their young age and given time and maturity they'd probably make it.

I guess it's my age but I do not like her "look". When you get older you realize that going out of your way to distiguish yourself and look independent - it is often a distraction and turnoff to the the people your trying to get attention from. That rebellion is part of growing up.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM

10,284 posts, read 14,719,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
And yes folks...we all know that this is DaBeez's OPINION....not a fact.

And now on to...who in the heck is this Lady GaGa person. I know I'm old but good lord what a mess this person is.

I couldn't understand her and then that thing they called dancing was horid.

Is this stuff really popular? I'm really depressed if it is. What a waste of my time that was.
Yeah, when she first came out, I was like who is this person? Very unusual and odd....But, she has the #1 song in the US this week with "Poker Face", her 2nd consecutive #1 here in the US, after "Just Dance." She's coming out of nowhere and seems to be making a huge impact on the pop charts.
I do like the song "Poker Face."

Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
Then there was the Lady GaGa performance... that was just down right bizarre.
OMG - I hope that is the (first and) last time I ever have to see her again. The combination of Megan Joy & GaGa (refuse to call her a Lady) was just horrible last night. Maybe that was a coincidence

Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,501,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I can't believe Megan got the boot last night and not that dude (Mark???) who did the Fray song. He's got a weak voice really, and I agree 100% with Simon's assessment of him--too wannabe.
There's something nervous about Matt, I wish he'd drop the nervousness. He thinks too much of the whole idea, of the audience, of all the people looking at him, of the fact that he has to impress, and gets nervous. Just like an athlete at Olympic Games who trips on the track, after years of preparation. If he is able to forget about his surroundings and concentrate on himself+song, he will do much better.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,178,454 times
I look forward to the day when all so-called "reality TV" shows are no more.

Bring back scriptwriters FFS.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,616,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I look forward to the day when all so-called "reality TV" shows are no more.

Bring back scriptwriters FFS.
So aren't you glad your TV has more than one channel? It would be awful if one was FORCED to watch AI?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,616,979 times
Default Vote for the worst

Ok, I was just over on the Vote for the Worst website and they were bemoaning the fact that Megan was gone.....I think I understand the "cawing" if the website is to be believed.

She did bird calls. I seem to remember hearing a few now that I think about it. So she was named "bird lady". accourding to VFTW. That's what the arm waving thing was all about.
If you do go to the website be forewarned...the language can be quite crude. They aren't as civilized as we are here.

I don't care, I liked her, but nobody will convince me that Lady GaGa is good. It just ain't gonna happen.

I mean come on...I got Boy George....I don't get this one.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,209,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
LOL and here I'm sitting here thinking that Simon was the childish one....

Someone had the gall to tell him that they didnt care what he thought and he refused to judge the final performance.

Yup I still think he was the bigger baby of the two.

He is very good at knowing what the public wants but isn't good at people not agreeing with him.
I was a fan of Megan's but do agree that it was time for her to go. I get the feeling that she knew it and was ready to go home to her son.

Now please send Scott home...then Matt.

And I'm going to be real unpopular here but I don't want Adam to win. Kris needs it. the others will do fine or probably better without it.
I said this before, I don't want Adam to win either - THOUGH HE SHOULD SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST. But if he does, AI owns him for the next year and they control what kind of record he cuts and where he tours, etc...I'd MUCH rather see him come in runner up and go directly to a huge record contract and shoot to stardom on his own terms. Allison should win, she's so young she NEEDS AI and has the next best chance of being a huge star
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV