Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

TY, Ray. That was cool and very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
According to my wife, each symbol (a frog, daisy, etc.) is supposed to represent something, but don't know exactly what. I imagine that the details can be found at the network's Fringe website.

I found the answer at "wiki"
Glyphs code - Fringepedia - The FRINGE wiki
Thanks.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:58 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
My favorite is not necessarily the symbols, although these are very interesting, but the little robot's icon and the synthesized voice saying: "bad robot." I find this quite funny, and don't get tired of it

Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Well, that was quite unexpected: ending Peter like he never existed. But even so, Fringe rocks!

Can't wait for the next season's episodes

Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, that was quite unexpected: ending Peter like he never existed. But even so, Fringe rocks!

Can't wait for the next season's episodes

Rut row....I'll get back atcha when I watch last night's eppie. Sounds like it may expect me to stretch my mind?? Never existed??? Wow.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
What the ......???!!! Where did Peter go?! What do you mean he never existed?! My mind was SO boggled that I kept the episode on my DVR to rewatch tonight again. How can there be no Peter?! It's what gave Walter his humanity, and softened our Olivia. So there is no baby with the other Olivia? And why then would Walternator be so angry at our side (if his son had not been taken). Loved, loved, loved the scene with the Observers at the end. So cool. Kind of like the scene (which always stayed with me) in the movie City of Angels where all the angels gather at sunrise on the beach to watch the glory of it.

Fringe is just a WONDERFUL show!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 01:38 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
What the ......???!!! Where did Peter go?! What do you mean he never existed?! My mind was SO boggled that I kept the episode on my DVR to rewatch tonight again. How can there be no Peter?! It's what gave Walter his humanity, and softened our Olivia. So there is no baby with the other Olivia? And why then would Walternator be so angry at our side (if his son had not been taken). Loved, loved, loved the scene with the Observers at the end. So cool. Kind of like the scene (which always stayed with me) in the movie City of Angels where all the angels gather at sunrise on the beach to watch the glory of it.

Fringe is just a WONDERFUL show!!!
Love the scene at the end as well and I had the same thoughts. Without Peter, none of it would have ever happened so it doesn't make any sense. I know we are talking about a series that asks you to suspend disbelief in general but there is always a line.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:59 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,557 times
They have to bring Peter back! Like someone else said before, without Peter, there would be no reason for the worlds to be at odds. There would be no worm hole, no soft spots in the universe, no reason to go to war.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,516 times
Finally watched the season finale this morning. And a Happy Mother's day to all my fellow fringe fans out there that are moms. Loved the episode and I'm glad I wasn't the only one goin HUH?!?! with at the end when the Watchers said peter never existed. Can't wait till season 4 starts. I have the feeling just like the other Olivia in our world storyline that began season 3 the writers'll drag out Peter not existing for a few episodes before bringing him back

Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Add me to the list of "Whaaaat the....?????" I thought all the same things. No baby? No Peter? I can not accept these things. I'll go along with them but Peter Bishop HAS to have existed.

"Peter" must be doing something else so they are writing around him not being able to do Fringe for awhile. He'll be back. (I hope!) Hmmm, was thinking Walter would eventually find a way to bring Peter back, but if they have no memory of him, they won't know he is missing! Duh.

Loved how they incorporated Liv's neice into the Fring Division in '26. I couldn't figure out why she would call Walter "Uncle Walt" then this morning realized that she was Liv's sister's daughter.

I must say the bullet to the head was disconcerting. As was seeing the look in Walternate's eyes. Did anyone else think that John Noble looked a little "funny" Fri. night? He looked to me like he may have had a mini stroke. His mouth on the right side looked a little droopy to me. I'll have to rewatch and see if Walternate seems the same way to me.

Loved how the Observers "told" "us" what was going on. Season 4 should be interesting, to say the least.

Happy Mother's day to all mommas here at CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV