Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,942,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
The writers are making suspect each Salemite who disliked Trent. In the end, we'll find it was someone connected with Claude or someone who owed him money. I have enjoyed all the jabs various people have taken at the Salem PD.
LOL.. the Salem PD couldn't find a criminal if it was stuffed right under Roman's desk. LOL

And the Trent story line (which we all now know they pinned the murder on Nick ).... who cared about him? Really... they didn't develop Trent into a character anyone could invest time in caring about before they killed him off.

That's a bad trend on Days. No character development.

Day's had a GREAT opportunity with the younger cast, most of which were the offspring of the "super couples" to do what General Hospital has done by switching the focus from the vets to the "children" of those vets. GH has done that very well (even though I don't watch that show, I'm familiar). Days, sadly, hasn't. The writing just isn't there.

Day's has a pattern of very destructible behavior. They continue to make the same poor decisions yet expect different outcomes. It's not healthy. Not a way to manage a show.

Eh... but what do I know.

I give this show until May '09, then NBC will cancel it (if not sooner).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,691,831 times
Oh, I'm glad to see Marlena go. I can't stand her! Getting rid of John is a mistake. NuJohn is one of the only people on this show worth watching anymore.

I like Ali Sweeney, but she has GOT to take lessons in crying or give up the crying scenes altogether. She's terrible at it.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:51 PM

352 posts, read 483,352 times
oh I'm so glad I stopped watching Days back when everyone was kidnapped and stuck on that ridiculous island ! It was good up til then !
kaysarawsaraw

Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,358,798 times
Wow! Fun to see all you Days fans.

I have many fond memories of Days of our Lives. My memere watched it religiously. And we (me and all my cousins) were all on the couch taking naps when it was on. I swear to God, if I am anywhere near laying down when that half-time hourglass music comes on, I am out like a light!!!!! It is weird. Like I am hardwired to fall asleep when the theme music comes on.

Like sands through the hourglass............these are the days of our lives.

I watched this show from age 5-probably into my late 20's, off and on. I still have cousins that tivo it and watch it. I am never near my tv anymore at that time and no longer have tivo with my local channels, so that pretty much does it for me.

My grandmother died 5 years ago last week, there was never a day spent at her house when she wasn't in front of that tv from 1pm-2pm watching Days. She called it her "program". I miss her a lot.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:19 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,942,311 times
Awww.... mommyoftwo... I know a lot of people with your same story. Growing up with their Nana's watching it.
The show would be unrecognizable to your nana today. It's really gotten that bad.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,689,873 times
My 94 year old Grandma watched for years but gave up when she lost her vision. She did try to tune in again not too long ago as she is able to listen to tv at least but said the show sounded like it had gone to hell in a handbasket lol.

And my Grandma always referred to the show as her story.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 AM

5,121 posts, read 16,619,394 times
Since we're sharing grandma stories.....

My 97 year old grandma died in April. Until about 3 years ago, she was a faithful follower from day one. She called it her soapy.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,248,352 times
Exclamation wardrobe malfuntion?alert......

Are my eyes deceiving me?!
Could Stephanie's earrings get any larger?
window panes?

Old 01-12-2009, 02:21 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,546,529 times
My goodness... I used to watch Days way back when... (Marlena and her twin) Swapped lives, good twin bad twin.. Oh how all those stories have evolved... What about the Salem Slasher? Didn't he kill Marlena's sis? Turned out to be - Eugene? B4 the days of Roman Brady/John Black.. Cris Clausechek (sp?) married to Bob Anderson's Daughter...Now he's roman? Ok. sure.

Way too much is different now days. It's aimed at an entirely different audience..

Everyone knows it's not real, right? Like Wrestling on TV, kind of...

Old 09-25-2009, 05:35 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,248,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
My goodness... I used to watch Days way back when... (Marlena and her twin) Swapped lives, good twin bad twin.. Oh how all those stories have evolved... What about the Salem Slasher? Didn't he kill Marlena's sis? Turned out to be - Eugene? B4 the days of Roman Brady/John Black.. Cris Clausechek (sp?) married to Bob Anderson's Daughter...Now he's roman? Ok. sure.

Way too much is different now days. It's aimed at an entirely different audience..

Everyone knows it's not real, right? Like Wrestling on TV, kind of...
YEP I think we are aware of that......

Twas quite a week...do you think EJ will FINALLY find out the truth about Nicole next week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV