Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:55 AM

5,124 posts, read 16,656,325 times

Advertisements

The writers are making suspect each Salemite who disliked Trent. In the end, we'll find it was someone connected with Claude or someone who owed him money. I have enjoyed all the jabs various people have taken at the Salem PD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,170,595 times
I love seeing Nicole in a jail cell. I wish Melanie were in there, too.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:38 AM

352 posts, read 484,219 times
I watched DOL from approx 1975 til about 5 yrs ago when everyone was kidnapped and put on that lame island ! I suffered thru when Marlena was " possessed " , before that ...

I have too much going on now in my life now to sit and watch that now.
the same ol stuff is still going on !

Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,955,816 times
Welp... last week NBC gave DOOL's a renewal extension... and then the EP, Ken Corday went and fired Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall this weekend. Put Bo & Hope on reoccuring status and more firing's are in the works... and pretty much tuned the band up to play on this sinking ship.

The Exec's at NBS are scratching their heads as to why Corday did this and I give it until the Spring of '09 before NBC sends the show a packin'.

Some people really don't know how to run TV show. LOL! Wow. Just wow!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 AM

352 posts, read 484,219 times
wow, if they got rid of Marlena and John... then I'm sorry, the show's days are numbered.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,170,595 times
I love John and Marlena, but they haven't had a decent storyline in ages, so it's just as well. I hope they are eventually brought back.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:45 AM

23,956 posts, read 33,926,811 times
I think he needs to move to night time TV.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I love John and Marlena, but they haven't had a decent storyline in ages, so it's just as well. I hope they are eventually brought back.
And that right there is a writing problem... not an acting/ character problem.

When you mention Days, even to people who don't watch it, everyone knows the name Deidre Hall. Firing Deidre Hall who's suffered thru some of the worst storyline's EVER (yet never complained and was always a champion for the show) is like firing Rosanne on Rosanne; Cosby on the Cosby Show.... you get the idea. It's called "show suicide". You don't fire Susan Lucci from AMC or Eric Braden from Y&R. You cut other disposable people first and then rework your show.

NBC made it clear to Corday (who also happens to own this show, he inherited it from his parents who created it) that there was going to be a 40% budget cut and told them they had to meet certain ratings points in order to renew Day's contract for another 18 months, at which time they'd review and either cancel the show of renew it again. So they cut 2 of the 4 highest paid actors on the show (with 5 more big names getting fired too, those names are TBA later) and you keep all the characters no one really cares about; who have no depth to them, no history? In cutting them, they also cut any hope of meeting the ratings quota NBC is demanding. And I hope, when this show starts free falling and Corday whimpers back to Dee & Drake to help save him again, they tell him where he can stick it!

The horrible head writer, Dena Higley, rakes in a 7 figure income a year. This is a writer that was hired illegally and Corday and Days is being sued by the WGA because of it; a writer that was so horrible she was FIRED from another soap because of her horrible writing and yet she has a job and Deidre Hall is in the unemployment line? Riiiiiiight.

What Ken Corday just did to this dying show was the equivilant of saying "F**k you to your brain surgeon the night before your operation".

Classic destructive behavior, for those into psychology. LOL... he should'a had a few sessions with Dr. Evans.

Mmmm.... Drake Hogestyn in prime time! Yummy! He's some serious "eye candy". Deidre Hall too! She's hell'a yummy! And 61 yrs. old to boot! She looks dayum fine! *rawr*

Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,161,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Nick applied for a grant of some kind and Max (the former racecar driver) has seemed quite interested in Nick's grant. I can't remember what it was for. I think it was a for some source of renewable energy or something like that.

EJ Dimera, because of Sami's convincing, told Marlena that Stefano was holding John Black hostage at Stefano's mansion. Marlena (and probably Roman, I can't remember) confronted Stefano and searched the mansion until John was found.....brainwashed yet again, but found alive! Stefano ended up in a coma due to health reasons and I think Tony tried to kill him as well. Rolf was going to be sent to prison for what he did to John. But John decided to hire Rolf as his butler. John has moved into the Dimera mansion. John found out that his mother was Colleen Brady (Shawn Sr.'s sister) and father was Santo Dimera. So John and Stefano are half brothers.

There's my attempt at a little synopsis.
Wait, I thought John was an Alamain. He was the long lost nephew to Vivian and brother to the gorgeous guy who raped Jennifer, whose name escapes me. Did they retcon John's backstory?

Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Wait, I thought John was an Alamain. He was the long lost nephew to Vivian and brother to the gorgeous guy who raped Jennifer, whose name escapes me. Did they retcon John's backstory?

Yes. John is now the son of Colleen Brady and Santo DiMera and his "real" name is supposed to be Ryan DiMera.

But seeing as how they're not gonna be on TV after January... who really cares, right? Gah...

Now.. the story of Nicole losing the baby and lying about it and possibly getting another baby to cover up.... Um, in case the hack head writer hadn't noticed... THAT STORIES BEEN DONE BEFORE and by much better people.... *cough* John-Kristen- Marlena *cough* Welcome to 1996! This writer can't even come up with her own stories. She has to recycle other's. She's just pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV