Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,565,999 times

Advertisements

For the love of all things holy, do NOT recast Stefano.

I hope that hourglass NEVER runs out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,595,325 times
No, I don't think Stefano will ever be recast. They left us with a teaser that he may still be alive I think (I hope) so we can picture him on some beautiful Mediterranean Island surrounded by gorgeous women, fine wine and his beloved classical music.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:32 AM

What was the teaser, specifically?

Old 02-22-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
What was the teaser, specifically?
Steve and Shawn were looking at videos of Shawn disguised as Stefano. They were laughing over all the different locations Shawn went to in his disguise and how it had fooled everyone into thinking Stefano was alive. Steve said he especially liked the scene were Stefano/Shawn was feeding some pigeons in a park. Shawn said he was never there and that was not him.

So was that Stefano or someone who may have resembled him? Shawn and Steve think it was him but they decided not to tell anyone.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:32 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,940,610 times
I shouldn't be surprised at the predictably contrived "situation" in which Chad and Gabby found themselves.

If this soap does get the axe, at least we won't be subjected to months of hand-wringing scenes and looks of consternation about "what happened in the meat locker."

Old 02-22-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Steve and Shawn were looking at videos of Shawn disguised as Stefano. They were laughing over all the different locations Shawn went to in his disguise and how it had fooled everyone into thinking Stefano was alive. Steve said he especially liked the scene were Stefano/Shawn was feeding some pigeons in a park. Shawn said he was never there and that was not him.

So was that Stefano or someone who may have resembled him? Shawn and Steve think it was him but they decided not to tell anyone.
That sounds cool--especially if that's how they're going to leave it. Stefano escapes death one final time but vanishes off into legend, never to bother the Bradys again (at least, not directly). I would've done this in a cooler context, though--have his shadowy figure appear at his gravesite and lay a black rose down, then step into some shiny, black old-school-type car (the chauffeur of course greets him and holds the door open), one of them makes some cool remark like 'the sun finally sets...the Phoenix will not rise again', and the car drives off into the mist (the entire scene draped in shadow except for the chauffeur's face).

Long live Stefano Dimera!!!!!

Old 02-22-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
That sounds cool--especially if that's how they're going to leave it. Stefano escapes death one final time but vanishes off into legend, never to bother the Bradys again (at least, not directly). I would've done this in a cooler context, though--have his shadowy figure appear at his gravesite and lay a black rose down, then step into some shiny, black old-school-type car (the chauffeur of course greets him and holds the door open), one of them makes some cool remark like 'the sun finally sets...the Phoenix will not rise again', and the car drives off into the mist (the entire scene draped in shadow except for the chauffeur's face).

Long live Stefano Dimera!!!!!
You should write for the show. You are more creative than the writers who keep recycling the same old plots.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 AM

Just did some Googling concerning the fake Stefano in the park...good to see Shane back! Wow! And their reasoning for pulling the 'fake Stefano' act was good, by soap opera standards. Unfortunately I stumbled across a Stefano tribute video and had to wipe my eye a couple of times. As I said, I grew up with this guy. I read tons of stuff, not a huge TV or movie guy (I see stuff when I get to it, it's not a priority), and have encountered many fascinating and compelling villains in all forms of storytelling media. Stefano DiMera was by far one of the more interesting, and Mr. Mascolo embodied him perfectly. Watching him as a kid, he was intimidating, he radiated danger and evil (the voice and accent helped). He will truly be missed.

Now let's see where Tony/Andre or whoever he is now takes it...good to see all these guys still around, many of the same actors from 'way back then.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:24 PM

42,119 posts, read 75,710,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
No, I don't think Stefano will ever be recast. They left us with a teaser that he may still be alive I think (I hope) so we can picture him on some beautiful Mediterranean Island surrounded by gorgeous women, fine wine and his beloved classical music.
I like that idea.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:14 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,940,610 times
Lol I can see why this soap's thread has been dead since February.

They're running out of ideas, and have resurrected the prison doppelganger storyline, this time with two characters supplanting their identical twins in prison, and the prisoners running amok in Salem as they assume Marlena's and Adrienne's identities.

Although it is funny, seeing them spread their acting wings, especially Deidre Hall, who's been portraying the "stiff" Marlena for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV