Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 09:57 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,482,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Reports indicate that when Kate filed for divorce the other day she mark on the papers that her and Jon have been seperated for 2 years.....so was the Hawaiian renewal all a ploy to rake in money?
This was the explanation of the "2 years apart":

"We found out Kate checked both boxes, and here's why. Jon may not agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken. If that's the case she has to wait the two years. So by checking both boxes, Kate is hedging her bets."

Jon & Kate Divorce Papers are Deceiving | TMZ.com

Of course, these are reporters, again They needed to hire their own PR firm 5 years ago Interviews with PR-ers sitting in their loveseat

Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,552,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post

"We found out Kate checked both boxes, and here's why. Jon may not agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken. If that's the case she has to wait the two years. So by checking both boxes, Kate is hedging her bets."

Of course, these are reporters, again They needed to hire their own PR firm 5 years ago Interviews with PR-ers sitting in their loveseat

It's strange because from the premier night of J&K+8 she was like I don't know if I can move on, I don't know if I can...I don't know if anything will help...sounds like she knew then what she wanted she just didn't want to make the decision.

Then they air the next show and say it's over, and she is all teary eyed and claims she didn't want this but it is what it is? (I didn't watch it) just seen what clips show on the news media shows. And Jon is all like yeap this is it, it's done we are over, Can't stand it anymore. So what gives? She is hoping that she can save this marriage after al she has done to him and the entire family not just the kids but his side and her side of the family. Crazy! She is a monster.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,556,988 times
Quote:

All I could get from that is that if Jon agrees--separated for 2 yrs--then the divorce can proceed. I think he agrees.

I guess going to Mexico for a 'quickie' divorce is no longer an option.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,600,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
All he needs to do is SHUT UP and he will get the best possible resolution for himself. If he does all this mouthing off he is gonna look bad in public, alienate his kids, and probably come off worse legally as well (since the man is at a disadvantage to begin with).
These past few days is the most I ever heard Jon talk...albeit, still emotionless.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:38 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,600,468 times
Where was the TLC filming crew when she spent half a day "crying harder than I ever have in my life"? Now...that's would have been some serious reality TV.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,659,630 times
A show that originally started out about 8 kids?
How many people will really be able to relate to the bus pulling up out front for Kates Birthday episode, or the spa trip to California with Kate and Mady, the Lagasse cooking episode. The show has changed so much from the original beginnings.

I can't imagine what there life would have been like if it weren't for this show. Either way they'd be divorced. If they sign for another season, there crazy, cause this show isn't about the kids.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,293,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsymptoticFaery View Post
It's been said that the show (and TLC) has lied about their life for awhile, that Jon and Kate had actually been living separately for about 2 years.

This means the recent renewing of the wedding vows before the divorce was all staged and fake and the divorce announcement from them is being made to look more like a surprise than it is.

If they have been living apart for around 2 years, I would bet Kate knew of his cheating. Who knows? She might have cheated as well. In fact they might have had an arrangement with that...which also included both of them coming back to the house together to play like husband and wife while the cameras were rolling until they just couldn't bare it anymore and Jon called it quits.

Here is the link: Click

TLC and Jon and Kate really need to just cancel that show on principle. It's a hot mess. It's wrong to continue it. These kids are involved and it is just very unethical at this point. They need to take time away from the cameras...the show... and get themselves stabilized however they will do it now as divorced parents and heal. Let the children get some grounding and let the paparazzi fade out over time.

According to that link, looks like Jon is losing interest in continuing the show and wants to start a new slate in New York City. However, let's hope he doesn't become too much of a bachelor to where he forgets about his parental responsibilities living away from the children.
That story was retracted. They have not been separated for 2 years. I'd be pissed if I found out we'd been lied to for that long!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM

23,943 posts, read 33,838,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
It's strange because from the premier night of J&K+8 she was like I don't know if I can move on, I don't know if I can...I don't know if anything will help...sounds like she knew then what she wanted she just didn't want to make the decision.

Then they air the next show and say it's over, and she is all teary eyed and claims she didn't want this but it is what it is? (I didn't watch it) just seen what clips show on the news media shows. And Jon is all like yeap this is it, it's done we are over, Can't stand it anymore. So what gives? She is hoping that she can save this marriage
Ending a marriage is hard..
When 2 people don't get along; there are reasons to stay.
While both J&K knew it was over, they tried to hang in there but couldn't.
It also could be that things weren't as bad most times; then it just blew up.

Yes, she can be sad and she should. The realization that it's ending sucks.
I shed a few tears along with her the other night; I'm sad for the kids but I also know what it's like to be a kid in a marriage where 2 people stay together "for the kids".. we used to lay in bed at night and hear them fight but had no clue what they were fighting about because they weren't speaking English but we knew they were fighting because they were loud.

While they had their problems, Kate probably figured he would get over it eventually. He bought the place in Utah, he hasn't been around..
Him not being there for her birthday or their anniversary spoke volumes; especially since he was out having a grand old time.

Jon probably doesn't care or he's making like he doesn't because that's what the world wants to hear.

If anyone catches the show tonight, I'm sure they will want to spit at the TV.
From what I saw of the previews, Jon's a big fat jerk.
Jon reminds me of Candy Spelling...

Moderator cut: snip

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
How many people will really be able to relate to the bus pulling up out front for Kates Birthday episode, or the spa trip to California with Kate and Mady, the Lagasse cooking episode. The show has changed so much from the original beginnings.
The bus was due to Jon not being there and TLC setting up the birthday stuff. IMO anyway

Quote:
I can't imagine what there life would have been like if it weren't for this show. Either way they'd be divorced..
Yes, I think they would have been divorced long ago had it not been for the show

Quote:
If they sign for another season, there crazy, cause this show isn't about the kids.
Right, now it's going to be a reality show about 8 kids dealing with divorce.

Quote:

From what I've seen Jon doesn't want to work on saving the marriage.
I wouldn't doubt that problems started either planning the wedding or soon after getting home.

I think if they did not live together for 2 years we would have known about it by now, especially with Kevin & Jody speaking out.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-25-2009 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: quoted post was deleted

Old 06-25-2009, 12:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,293,450 times
Quote:

I can't imagine what there life would have been like if it weren't for this show. Either way they'd be divorced. If they sign for another season, there crazy, cause this show isn't about the kids.
very true. I can no longer relate. I was interested at first because I wanted to see how these 2 normal people took care of so many young kids, how they got it all done in a day, how they budgeted... That part is all over. I am no longer interested in watching this now very well off family get free toys and vacations.

I did almost cry when they announced their split, and thought the description of Cara breaking down in tears when they told her was very very sad.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,348,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
This has been explained- it's just a legal option to speed up the proceedings. If the filing spouse checks a box saying they have had a form of separation for 2 years then they waive an additional waiting period. It's like when Zellweger checked the "fraud" box. Don't take it literally.

I agree, though. Can the show, people!
OK...that makes sense. Some states have really weird divorce laws. So they just check the box to get on with it.

Do you really have to wait 2 years to get divorced in PA? Geez Louise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV