Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 03:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Not to judge you or anything like that, but why did you agree to such an arrangement?
I lived about an hour away, so it was done this way because the kids were in school at the time. They are all grown up now...31, 28, 23, 20.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,296,939 times
It is amazing the physical transformations both Jon & Kate have made, but its not really surprising. When she had the tummy tuck thing I really felt like "oh good for her!" Cause seriously she needed it and I imagine that much hanging fat was actually pretty hard on her body. But then it just got ridiculous and probably thats where a lot of disconnect with their core audience began. I mean those "Crooked Houses" were supposedly $7 grand a piece and undoubtedly Jon & Kate didn't pay a single penny for them, so none of the free stuff, vacations, perks etc is nothing new now so if Kate does have new boobs then that really shouldnt come as such a big surprise to anyone. Kate is a fame and attention wh*re as is her toolbox husband in his Ed Farty gear and pierced ears.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee4me View Post
I am very impressed with your take on things. It's good to hear someone putting the kids first. You sound like a good dad.
Thanks, but don't be too impressed....I'm certainly not. In fact, I feel like I really let them down...and I'm sure I did. I'm just saying that if I knew how much of the kids lives I was going to be removed from, I might have tried harder to stick it out. Guys (like Jon) going through divorce, are just trying to escape the marriage problems, which we do in divorcing our spouses. I just didn't realize how I was also divorcing the kids to an extent.

Divorce is never good for kids....and the older they are, the more trouble they have with dealing with it.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times
I think I figured it out.

J&K was getting stale in the ratings. K wants to go Hollywood. She'll move out west for new ranges of fame and fortune. She'll also find a fitting, new business partner.

Stayed tuned, because megaforces will collide next year with the premiere of:

"OCTOMOM & KATE + 16"

Old 06-24-2009, 04:42 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I think I figured it out.

J&K was getting stale in the ratings. K wants to go Hollywood. She'll move out west for new ranges of fame and fortune. She'll also find a fitting, new business partner.

Stayed tuned, because megaforces will collide next year with the premiere of:

"OCTOMOM & KATE + 16"

hahahahahahahah LOVE IT!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,338,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My ex-wife had the kids during the school week...and I had them 3 out of 4 weekends...and extended weeks during the summer...it was more of an 80%/20% split. While my kids had their own room at my house...it was more like a visiting situation. True parenting (and the rewards that come with it) involve day-in, day-out contact....homework, mealtime together, game nite, etc. I lost that in my divorce and will feel guilt from that until I go to my grave. The kids really do get the short end of it...and Jon has no idea just yet what he is losing (from a father/kid relationship). Even at a 50%/50% split...you're still losing 50%.
I'm sorry that happened to you.

We had my husband's daughters 75% of the time and never missed a school event during the 25% they were with their mom. The custody was considered 50/50 but placement was handled on a per case situation.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:46 PM

94 posts, read 225,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Sorry I typed it wrong. I've never said one word against their birth vessel to or around the kids. I refer to her as "mom" to the kids, even the adult ones. Hell I even held her in my arms as she was crying crocodile tears last summer. Then I felt the need to take a shower in acid.

Not around them, I've called her every word in the book, and probably a few more not in the book. Referring to her as birth vessel is about as nice as I can get, when I'm not around the kids. Even on a message board, she is nothing but their birth vessel to me.

The youngest will be 18 in 3 years and I'll still not say bad things about her in front of any of the kids. To them, she will always be their mother and I respect that, even if THEY don't. To me she'll always be the birth vessel.

And I guess I should add I was NOT in the picture until the youngest one was 4. I was NOT the other woman, there WAS no other woman. There was another man for her, or two, or three..............

ETA: I've made exuses to the 4 year old that came crying to me, wondering why "Mommy said Daddy should have his dick cut off. What is a dick and why should it be cut off? Will it hurt Daddy?" That was the first one, and there were many more throughout the years. Too many to list here. I could have easily trashed the birth vessel to the kids any number of times, but I didn't. I wish SHE would have had the same respect for her own children that I have.
Yikes. That sounds like a nightmare. I applaud you for not badmouthing her in front of the kids. I know it's tough, having been divorced myself. So not easy to do! Yet, I've discovered that kids figure out on their own without us even telling them the type of person they are dealing with.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,518,025 times
Gentle reminder to keep this on the topic of Jon & Kate and not individual divorce, etc. parenting situations that we have personally experienced (yep, I have one too and it is painful as well).

You guys rock!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:47 PM

206 posts, read 615,765 times
so said to see what happen to this family

Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,579,023 times
It's weird how both J&K both say they don't hate each other...Hmm.. I think they're ready to snap necks lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV