Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,561 times

Advertisements

Today's newspaper had the offical announcement that Jon and Kate are divorcing. It says that the show segments will be filmed separately with each parent.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
Video on how they told the kids:

Yahoo!

Sad, they said Jon definitely did not want counseling or to work anything out and wanted out a long time ago.

I feel worse for Kate knowing that her husband wanted out so bad. That's hard to live with.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
She had at least one boob...Jon!
New meaning of boob tube?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 PM

94 posts, read 225,107 times
Kate is a control freak who was very rude to her husband on camera. If she treats him that way on camera, I can only imagine how she treats him off camera. On the other hand, Jon is your typical passive aggressive personality. He quietly, passively puts up with her ridiculous behavior endlessly before finally blowing a fuse. Love is patient, love is kind, love is NOT rude.....this never described this couple. Having 8 kids is stressful but unfortunately the proof is in the seasons of the shows. Maddy said it best..."I'm not surprised and I saw it coming" According to news reports, Kate is going to continue to wear her ring and has set herself up to play the victim. Jon no doubt refuses counseling because he knows that Kate is not willing to change. Should anyone think I am unsympathetic to Kate, I am a single mom of 4. She has an uphill climb but not impossible. They should both consider staying OUT of relationships altogether with anyone. Both of them have personalities that need work. I don't think they will be successful in any marriage until they work on their issues. Jon needs to learn how to communicate and be more assertive instead of being a doormat and then suddenly growing a backbone. Kate needs to learn how to filter what comes out of her mouth.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I'm a divorced dad...Jon has no idea of much less he'll be in these kids lives without the continuity of daily living. If there was one thing that shocked me about divorcing...it was how much of the kids I lost in the divorce...I thought I was just divorcing my ex-wife.
And I will insert this for you - it was due to NO choice of YOURS that you lost so much of your kids. NONE whatsoever!

Those who say Jon will become less of a factor in his kids life are correct, but not by his own choice. Unless - and this is how they do it here for the most part these days - it's 50/50 custody. One week with her, one week with him.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 PM

94 posts, read 225,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
And I will insert this for you - it was due to NO choice of YOURS that you lost so much of your kids. NONE whatsoever!

Those who say Jon will become less of a factor in his kids life are correct, but not by his own choice. Unless - and this is how they do it here for the most part these days - it's 50/50 custody. One week with her, one week with him.
Jon should be able to be as involved as he wants to be in their lives. Since this is so public, there is no way she can quietly push him out of the picture. Their every move is recorded. Kate won't be able to force him out of their lives. At the same time, should Jon choose to use this as his "out" from the chaos of raising 8 kids then that will also be publicly known.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee4me View Post
Jon should be able to be as involved as he wants to be in their lives. Since this is so public, there is no way she can quietly push him out of the picture. Their every move is recorded. Kate won't be able to force him out of their lives. At the same time, should Jon choose to use this as his "out" from the chaos of raising 8 kids then that will also be publicly known.
SHOULD BE ABLE TO are the key words.

Unless it's 50% with her, 50% with him, he will get forced out more than he wants. I've seen it time and time again. "Publicity" won't change that.

But maybe some are right, Jon doesn't want the kids in his life. I just don't believe it.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I feel worse for Kate knowing that her husband wanted out so bad. That's hard to live with.
That's because she was so hard to live with.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 PM

I've been doing some thinking. Scary, I know. *L* No links to anything, this is just me THINKING outloud! My opinion. Not the truth, not false. Just a thought. Based on things the tabloids have said.

So maybe Kate DID tell him it was over - or it was mutual, doesn't really matter. Jon wanted out but Kate said no we have to do the show for the kids sake. Jon put up with it some, then said no I want out. She said no. So he starts going out in public because he knew it would be brought to an end once the tabloids caught wind of it. Jon is very passive aggressive, and that would be a very passive aggressive way to end a marriage! If so, Kate should say BYE BYE Jon don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! Now that I think if it, Kate HAS basically said that.

Again I'm just thinking out loud, basing things on what the tabloids have said. There are NO LINKS whatsoever!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
SHOULD BE ABLE TO are the key words.

Unless it's 50% with her, 50% with him, he will get forced out more than he wants. I've seen it time and time again. "Publicity" won't change that.

But maybe some are right, Jon doesn't want the kids in his life. I just don't believe it.
My ex-wife had the kids during the school week...and I had them 3 out of 4 weekends...and extended weeks during the summer...it was more of an 80%/20% split. While my kids had their own room at my house...it was more like a visiting situation. True parenting (and the rewards that come with it) involve day-in, day-out contact....homework, mealtime together, game nite, etc. I lost that in my divorce and will feel guilt from that until I go to my grave. The kids really do get the short end of it...and Jon has no idea just yet what he is losing (from a father/kid relationship). Even at a 50%/50% split...you're still losing 50%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV