Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I thought Dakota Johnson did pretty this week
Best skit - Net Neutrality. Slap! Harder!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 07:01 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times
Just curious if someone remembers the lost SNL skit "The Bulge" ?

This sketch aired on 10/6/84, it had guest appearance of Jim Belushi with Gary Kroeger, the setting was in a bar, Belushi wants to score with the girls, he's getting warmed up then goes to the restroom, Kroeger is in there stuffing his pants with TP to enhance his form, which inspires Jim Belushi to pack his own junk even more than Kroeger. It gets to a point where Belushi is knocking over people with a 6 foot long protrusion he is sporting, the Bruce Springstein song Cover Me is played, and the girls are very impressed with his ever increasing enhancements. Belushi eventually gets the ladies, and they take off in a taxi with part of his giant member sticking out the window.

I've heard that skit might be banned now, and they used a rough irregular shaped object for "The Bulge" as evidently they tricked the censors into letting them do it, so long as the bulge was not smooth or shaped like a penis, so it was kind of a big irregularly shaped blob thing with bumps on it, lol. I remember seeing it one time, it was a bit juvenile perhaps, but I would like to see it again because it was funny.

Dennis Miller is pretty sharp witted, he really helps put the polish on the end of O'Reilly's show, he provides a laugh where one is sorely needed sometimes, they always save the best for last....lol.

Really enjoyed the Norm Macdonald link posted earlier, liked the part where David Hasselhoff appears on weekend update, and Norm was able to pin him down so he could finally prove his theory about the Germans and David Hasselhoff. Ohiogirl was a pretty good sport for acknowledgement of Norms great work on weekend update, and even if she's probably not a very good driver, I can understand her preference for Dennis Miller.

Seems a little strange that SNL would send Norm Macdonald to be the one to try and talk Eddie Murphy into doing the Bill Cosby skit. How could Norm have failed on this one?

Last edited by mofford; 03-03-2015 at 07:13 PM..

Old 03-04-2015, 08:39 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I thought Dakota Johnson did pretty this week

[/b]
Me too. Too bad her performances stunk.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:51 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times
The musical guest was excellent on last Saturday's show, the lead singer Brittaney Howard of Alabama Shakes really puts some feeling into it, she has Whitney Houston quality in her voice, hope she's not doin' smack!

I stripped all the commercials out of SNL 40, the Red Carpet Live intro is 43 minutes, and the main show is 2 hours and 38 minutes. If I trim off 22 minutes I can fit the remainder on one disc, might have to cut The Californians and some of the pre show. I have a feeling this special is going to be very fun to watch 20 years down the road, including the pre show.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:07 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
I loved the opening this week with the Hillary parody. So funny.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:50 AM

363 posts, read 817,645 times
Just saw the show with Chris Hemsworth. Sorry to say that not even a superhero like Thor could save this show. And PLEASE tell me that Leslie Jones is funny somewhere other than SNL. If not, then I feel sorry for the fans of the Ghostbusters remake when she appears in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV