Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,362,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Oops, I could have sworn she said that they would have hired him.
She did. And I agree with her assessment. P2 is the real deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,553,474 times
You too toosie!

I hope that DeAndre goes home but with all of the gushing over him by the judges who knows.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,263,086 times
Side question: Does anyone know a website that uploads tonight's performances? I usually can't watch Wednesday live and the people who uploaded them onto YouTube were banned. Any help? Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by gobucks86; 03-28-2012 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,458,431 times
I am surprised no one brought up Skyler missing the words at the end of Gunpowder & Lead.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,395,188 times
Hi Everyone - thanks for the running commentary! I personally don't need spoilers on the singing night - just on the elimination night.

Watching Hollie -- I LOVE this song! Taking on Carrie Underwood is HUGE. I got goose bumps. Great Job!

I liked Colton and Heejun as well tonight. I was in the other the room for the trio. Colton sounded the best from the other room.

One lesson some of these singers have not learned yet -- just a general comment. You have to sing a song the voters know, something they can sing along with, something they will hum later as they are voting. I heard that once many years ago from Kris Kristofferson, one of the most prolific song writers in country music. Never forgot it. The song doesn't have to be sung perfectly, the voice doesn't have to be butter-smooth (think Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen) but we gots ta hear it in our soul all day long after we hear them sing. Just adding that to the conversation.

Deandre. Please send him home. I know I'm just not interested when i hit the mute button. And that goes for the judges as well. Someone said they can't wait for Jimmy tomorrow night. I agree!

And i just LOVE Stevie Nicks' singing. Some of her songs fly me back to some of the best times of my life. Things were simpler then. Nice to be transported.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,489,771 times
Cowgirl, I said that Jimmy's comments tomorrow will be interesting. The judges were too busy standing to judge tonight so Jimmy will have to be the judge.

I love Stevie too and grew up during her time. And I agree that it's important to sing sings that the voting public know and can identify with. That's why I didnt like some songs tonight, although I may have liked the performances.

Who do I think will go home tomorrow? Before tonight, I'd have said DeAndre definitely. But he did a decent job on his individual song (his trio performance was classical DeAndre: terrible). So I wouldnt be surprised to see Heejun leave. I still like him, although I know he's had some bad weeks.

Edited to add that Joshua might be in trouble tomorrow. He sings so well but, of all the performers, I think he may have the smallest voting numbers. So bottom three may be DeAndre, Heejun and Joshua.

Last edited by TFW46; 03-28-2012 at 09:13 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,600,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Oops, I could have sworn she said that they would have hired him.
She did say that. I had the CC on and that is what it read.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:09 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,263,086 times
Just a few comments:

Of course, I'll start off with my future wife Hollie. I thought she did a good job. But, it was about the same as last week. Not bad by any means, but not great. She has shown she can sing the hell out of a song (in a good way) and her effort tonight was real good, but not perfect. I'm really ready for her to do a more uptempo song. I still love her anyways.

DeAndre did better, but I'm just kind of over him. I'm tired of him singing in his falsetto (we get it, you can sing high *insert Step Brothers clip* haha...I don't know if anyone will catch that) and his hair flipping and blah blah blah. He did better tonight, and I'm sure he'll be safe because of his fans, but he doesn't do much for me.

HeeJun was very impressive tonight. I'm glad he took it more seriously tonight and when he sings serious, he really shows off his unique voice and really does a great job. Hopefully from here on out he'll sing more serious and take his song choices more serious as well.

Elise...eh, I can do without her. Her voice just doesn't do it for me.

Skylar did a very good job. Not much else to say for me, but she did good.

Jessica has a hell of a voice. She really is the person to beat in my opinion. But, am I the only one who feels she is kind of arrogant?

Oh, and finally, could the judges stop giving a standing ovation all the time? It used to mean something when Simon was on the show because that's when you knew a performance kicked ass. Now, it seems like everyone gets a standing ovation just for showing up lol.

Last edited by gobucks86; 03-28-2012 at 09:19 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,603,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Dang, Stevie is giving it all to Philip! WOW! I didn't realize that Stevie and Jimmy went back so far until she flashed their photo up there.
P2 looks like a dead ringer for Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac according to Stevie, so it's like she's seeing his double I guess. Also Jimmy worked with and produced Fleetwood Mac and dated Stevie back when he had hair. I think they had some love triangles going back then and some hurt feeliings. I had the pleasure of seeing Fleetwood Mac in 1976 or 77 when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper at the fair in my hometown back when concerts were like $7.50 or $8.50 tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Steven said something about the real P2 trying to climb out -- I didnt understand that at all. Randy praised his individuality.
Steven is all over the place on the stage, with dress and his general personality and I think he thinks Phil is holding back and needs to let his freak out Steven looked forced to stand for P2, looked a little reluctant and was staring down at his notes until he gave into the pressure, but he had a press conference out at the Grove today and some observed his legs/feet seemed to be bothering him so maybe just didn't want to stand again.

Good show I thought. Didn't care for J-Lo's pimping Deandre for votes or her over gushing on several occasions.

I love the original of the song that HeeJun sang and he was good (I liked his tone) but not that rave worthy I don't think - same with Deandre. By rights HeeJun should go home as he waited too long to declare he's going to get serious now...but that's part of the dramatics of the show that sometimes seems staged and/or scripted. If another girl goes home something is broke and may never get fixed with the show!!

The group singing that featured HeeJun he was terrible in. Josh wonderful performance in group. Colton I wasn't a big fan of his song but his voice was killer in the Fleetwood trio.

P2 losing a little luster for me. I like him but he's getting a little boring and I see the music he would make wouldn't hold or move me. Plus his non fashion sense is dreary!

Josh is right up there!

Jessica stellar as usual! I think she underestimated herself saying she can't move like Beyonce. Who cares - dance like Jessica - I think she has it in her.

Hollie - what a radiant little face - she wasn't perfect but I love her voice. I think Steven thinks Carrie can't be topped on her original.

Elise brilliant just brilliant You done Zeppy proud!

Skylar wasn't spectacular but ok. That song is so over played, although I love it, and Haley and Lauren just did a duo of it last season.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 03-28-2012 at 10:12 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,395,188 times
Thanks Tex. And LOL Gobucks. Your future wife ... cute.

Last edited by R_Cowgirl; 03-28-2012 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: oops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV