Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 10:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,585,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Jermaine Jones will be kicked off Idol for concealing the fact he was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants. One of incidents involved violence and both incidents he gave police fake names.

Also his Sob story he said on idol abput not seeing his dad for 10 years was a lie. The dad has come out and said that he has had an ongoing relationship with the young man through the years and even had dinner with him on both Wednesday and Thursday night of last week.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
Soooo, the "gentle giant" isn't gentle after all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,453,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

Bottom two, based on tonight's performances (IMO), should be Heejun and Deandre -- but the teeny-bopper girl votes may keep Deandre safe.
I'm not even done watching (it's on Tivo) and I already know I agree with these two. Jessica sucked, too, but she won't be anywhere near the bottom. I absolutely cannot stand that hair kid, so I hope it's him going home, but I'd put money on it being Heejun.

I absolutely love Elise's voice. I really want her to go far. Other faves are Phillip, Skylar and Hollie. But tonight Joshua completely blew the roof off the joint.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,584,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm not even done watching (it's on Tivo) and I already know I agree with these two. Jessica sucked, too, but she won't be anywhere near the bottom. I absolutely cannot stand that hair kid, so I hope it's him going home, but I'd put money on it being Heejun.

I absolutely love Elise's voice. I really want her to go far. Other faves are Phillip, Skylar and Hollie. But tonight Joshua completely blew the roof off the joint.
I like Elise too, I really enjoyed it. I agree with all your picks except Ill add Colton in there as well.

They saved best two for last.
I thought Joshua blew it out of park, but he needs to break from that churchy phrase in his singing.
Hollie did another good job.

I would rank in from best it Joshua, Hollie, Phillip, Colton, Elise, Skylar in the top 6
Bottom I would rank from worse Heejun, Deandre, Jessica, Shannon, Erika

Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,335,313 times
Ok, rant here...
1: I don't get the judges at all.. Last year they told Pia not to sing ballads though that was her strong point... but this year they ask Jessica to stick to ballads because it's her strong point...
2: The contestants were supposed to sing songs from the year they were born, but many chose covers of much older songs.
And if I hear one more time someone say ''The power of love" by Céline Dion, I'll scream. It's a cover! They could at least say C. Dion's version... (OK I'm a huge fan of the original version, the best IMHO)

Last edited by Sudcaro; 03-15-2012 at 05:39 AM..

Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,355,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Ok, rant here...
1: I don't get the judges at all.. Last year they told Pia not to sing ballads though that was her strong point... but this year they ask Jessica to stick to ballads because it's her strong point...
2: The contestants were supposed to sing songs from the year they were born, but many chose covers of much older songs.
And if I hear one more time someone say ''The power of love" by Céline Dion, I'll scream. It's a cover! They could at least say C. Dion's version... (OK I'm a huge fan of the original version, the best IMHO)
And in that same vein... they told Jessica (I think it was her) not to change up the original melody and arrangement so much... but then every singer is told to "make it their own"!!

Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,483,346 times
Here's a pretty good article about Jermaine's being kicked off.

And, regarding tonight's show, "Ryan announced that YES, a singer WILL be voted off this week".

‘Idol’ Top 12 Night: Jermaine Jones’s Disqualification Overshadows Episode | Reality Rocks - Yahoo! Music

Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,616,882 times
Welcome back 'ol lady! Sorry about the rain but it's still hard to feel bad for you having two weeks in Hawaii!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Who was the dude in the back with Jimmy?
That was Will.I.Am from Black Eyed Peas - the group with Fergie and they sang "I Gotta Feelin" that was a mega hit most recently...at least I think that was their most recent hit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Here's a very good review, with scores, of tonight's performances:

American Idol Review: So Many Years, So Many Ballads - TV Fanatic
What's this? OUR reviews aren't good enough for ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I thought Joshua blew it out of park, but he needs to break from that churchy phrase in his singing.
As much as I love him, I agree - too much of that gospel come to jesus singing will get old for a lot of people.

I wonder if Jessica lovers hate Hollie and visa versa? I know I do! (even though Hollie was better last night - harrumph)

Old 03-15-2012, 06:20 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,483,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
What's this? OUR reviews aren't good enough for ya?

LOL! Arent we feeling our oats this morning. Point taken.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,755,737 times
Wasn't the best night of performances but they all tried to work with what they got...90's music is tough.
What bothered me about last night was the way they got rid of Jermaine. Why did they feel the need to bring the cameras into that meeting and show the world...totally unnecessary. They made their point they didn't have to film it.
Totally classless. To totally humiliate someone for ratings. Big turnoff for me.

I liked the guy and yes he made mistakes and should pay for his mistakes BUT that was so wrong.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,584,449 times
I think AI should do away with rotating guest celebrity mentors and let it be Jimmy & Will.I.Am be it all the time. They both offer great suggestions and so funny. Will.I.Am is a hoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV