Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM

908 posts, read 1,121,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
In all honesty, I don't think I would be a huge Philip fan if he wasn't so darn cute. I like his voice, but there have been past contestants who were cute and quirky, but more interesting, such as Paul McDonald, Blake Lewis, and my all time fave, Danny Gokey. If Philip looked like a frog he would need a better voice. This coming from a Philip Fan.
LOL...anyone who thinks Philip is cute will be onto the next overexposed man next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,541,829 times
Wahoo P2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM

18,074 posts, read 27,530,227 times
Well... since MrsGowdog is a P2 fan... y'all will be whining and I'll be dining.

Go P2.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:29 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,881,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
LOL...anyone who thinks Philip is cute will be onto the next overexposed man next week.
based on the votes, I am in good company. there are a lot of us cougars out there.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM

4,068 posts, read 2,155,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Jennifer was holding him very close but I think Joshua was bawling and not balling although maybe he was fantasizing the latter ...
Joshua probably would appreciate your saying that he was fantasizing about JLo since my gaydar makes me think he is gay but just not out (being a minister's son).

Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,125 times
Joshua was most close to Holly, he was always hanging on her. I don't think he's gay at all.
But I really don't care. One of the biggest problems with Idol is that too many of the voters and the audience in general treat the show as a popularity contest, a cuteness contest, or just a game.

All of that is fine. But someone forgot to tell the winners that the voters don;t buy music.

But don't pretend it's much else, since year after year, the poor winners who think they're good, do nothing.

The best thing that happened was Jimmy. I think he does an excellent job. I agree with him almost always, P2 being the exception. But he's given some good critiques on him as well.

I wish them all well.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:02 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,595,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Know who I would like to hear more from? Gosh, I wish I could remember his name, but the tall, burly guy who played guitar. Had an Elvis-y type of look to his hair. I want to say his nickname is Bear but I can't find him on Google.
You are probably refering to Jason "Wolf" Hamlin. I liked him too, but somehow he didn't make the cuts, maybe next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Joshua was most close to Holly, he was always hanging on her. I don't think he's gay at all.
I was going to bring this up earlier, but I do feel he is,maybe closeted. Not that it matters to me, but maybe America caught on to that and maybe didn't vote him through. I feel that's what happened with Adam Lambert and Jacob Lusk. Obviously one is open about it and the other not, but my "gaydar" went off on all three of them. I have to admit, I didn't notice it on Joshua until about top 8. I still like P2 and think he should win, just like Kris Allen was the top singer for me two/three years ago, but I told my wife that I think just getting the vibe from Joshua might hurt him. At least, that's my opinion.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,872,987 times
I found this article and thought I would share it with anyone that might be interested. It talks about the shift moving away from the contestants and more toward the judges in the reality shows.

It really echoes what I've been feeling.

Incidently, I read that JLo was the highest paid actress this year at $52 million due in large part to AI.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84G0OA20120517

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 05-18-2012 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: add link DUH!

Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,029,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Joshua probably would appreciate your saying that he was fantasizing about JLo since my gaydar makes me think he is gay but just not out (being a minister's son).
Now after the last show, I am thinking the same thing! I only watch the show occasionally, but caught the one where he pushed PP off when he tried to hug him. That and the fact that Josh only sings ONE style of song disgusted me enough to vote for PP instead of him. But last night, his goodbye wave to the audience seemed like a big "sissy wave" that barney the dinosaur would make. I think that he's probably very closeted and afraid to embrace his gay side or tendencies.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM

958 posts, read 2,135,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Now after the last show, I am thinking the same thing! I only watch the show occasionally, but caught the one where he pushed PP off when he tried to hug him. That and the fact that Josh only sings ONE style of song disgusted me enough to vote for PP instead of him. But last night, his goodbye wave to the audience seemed like a big "sissy wave" that barney the dinosaur would make. I think that he's probably very closeted and afraid to embrace his gay side or tendencies.
Disgusted because he sings "ONE" style??
How many styles is he suppose to sing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV