Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,616,136 times

Advertisements

Nice recap TFW I think you got all the important points. I don't remember Pickler ever really needing to lose weight (although I didn't follow her) but agree she seems to have lost her fresh faced look, and has probably just not aged the best. She is still pretty but a little more mature looking, and seems to have a better personality than I recall.

Touche' SunnyKayak

Loved Jimmy's critique tonight!

Sometimes just accepting the inevitable or worse case scenario actually works to my advantage and so it did with Hollie making it through tonight. Despite my perception that the show wants her gone the public apparently voted in her favor. Time probably isn't on her side though, unless she now gets down to some serious business. They actually for once, dressed Hollie well and age appropriately. How unsettling that it seems they did it hoping she was getting the boot The show plays so many little games that it keeps one guessing as to their true intent and I'm not sure they even know.

Moving forward it's getting tough, as if I was a judge, I would want to let some of the weaker boys go first

*I can't get the blasted spoiler tag to work but it is now almost post west coast time*

Last edited by gold*dust1; 04-05-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 PM

36,727 posts, read 67,868,468 times
Never get tired of hearing Joshua Ledet.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 PM

36,727 posts, read 67,868,468 times
And this little boy band is annoying. ick.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,411,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I agree with those of you saying how much better Skylar looked-man they put her in some of the most unflattering things before, it was ridiculous.

Philip is reminding me of Joe Cocker, all hunched and growling, and I don't really get why the judges are loving him so much. He's good, cute and quirky, but the way they praise him seems over the top.
Yeah - P2 has that Joe Cocker energy and style. Not as quirky and weird in arm movements though. Ol' Joe did OK for himself. Gritty voiced blues singers do have a niche in the market. P2 may or may not make it to the top 5 though. He's got dreamy eyes, but that will only take him so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I am so tired of DeAndre and his hair. He flops it around thinking it's giving him more votes every time he does it. And I can't stand J-Lo's glow everytime she "critiques" him. "Baby you know I love you" J-Lo seems like a good person, but she needs to stop judging with her hormones.
LOLOL - you nailed it...
Why is she so invested in him? She said "we've been watching him for 2 seasons" -- was he in the auditions last year? Who's "we"?
Spoiler
I thought it was funny that Jimmy called it with Deandre and challenged JLo to use the save on him if she needed to ... and then she had to and then she couldn't... I thought she was going to do the neck shake thing and snap her fingers when Jimmy reasserted his position. I think she has bypassed Paula's worst season and has made herself irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
texasfirewheel[/b];23732719]Arghhh....Tonight's show starts with ANOTHER pimping of JLo's new musical video and “¡Q'Viva!, Mark's and her project. For all the advertising she gets on AI, she should forego her six figure salary.
IMHO she and Marc are paying for those ads. She's just getting a little extra oomph from the ads because she's a judge. The spots cost upwards of $750,000 for a 30 second ad. They won't give that away. Unless QViva is owned by the same producers.

Tex - you do such a wonderful recap - Thanks!

I liked Joshua last night. He did the song almost perfectly. He's working on his delivery and he almost nailed it. Whether or not you like his style of song choices, it was an excellent rendition. And that was the assignment. I was sorry to see Elise mess up. She has so much talent. But maybe like Adam Lambert, it would be better for her to get eliminated and get a contract right now. She'd be ahead of the rest of them by the time the season's over.

I didn't care for that boy band. It looked like a first week rendition of the boys in the auditions trying to be chosen for the top 24. Whenever people talk about how young some of these singers are and how good they are "for their age" I think about Il Volo who performed last year:

IL Volo on American Idol - YouTube

or this kid from X Factor China (can you believe Simon has these shows all over the world?)

Amazing Voice - Memory - musical from a 9-year-old - China's Got Talent - YouTube

Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,569,106 times
Hey, Cowgirl! DeAndre tried out for Idol last season too. He made it as far as the Top 40 but was cut then.

And I'll bet anything (almost) that JLo's and Steven's contracts with Idol have clauses stating that their albums/tours/whatever will be promoted on the show.

Thanks for the videos. Interesting! And I agree with your observations.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,286,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
"Wanted" is a big band in Great Britain. They were formed in 2009 if I remember correctly. 4 or 5 English kids and one Irish lad. It was kind of a "Monkee's" thing where kids auditioned from all over Great Britain. I think they are all in their early 20's. I like them.

They have not yet hit it big in the US but they will. I think they are good. It takes me back to the days when The Beatles were here for the first time. I am not comparing them to the Beatles but they are all very cute and they have a nice sound. They appear to be nice young men and they are clean cut. I hope they don't lose that.
I agree. The Wanted performed on the Graham Norton show a few weeks ago. The group was a vast improvement over Nicki Minaj.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,286,772 times
I'm glad Elise was safe. Judging from Steven and Randy's comments, I believe they would have used the save on Elise.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,606,007 times
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My girl Hollie survives one more round!!!!! I didn't think she would make it after the judges trashed her so bad last night.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,669,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Hollie has a great voice, and it was great in the ending. I hoped Hollie would improve because she has the potential to, but she messed up in the beginning. gobucks 86 would be able to marry Hollie sooner.
I didn't like the way Hollie was walking around the stage.
I just hate it when they are pressured to "perform" in a way that is not natural to them. You either have that or you don't and the ones who don't should be allowed to stand in one spot so they can do what they do best without having to be something they are not.
I had to fast forward.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:45 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,895,432 times
About JLo's video. I just hope her little kids don't see that. I would rate it X, if I had to. I do have to give her props for being so energetic and fit after having twins, but then again she has a troop of nannies, a nutritionist, a plastic surgeon and a team of personal trainers, no doubt. I like her, so I don't mind the self-promotion. She's a working girl.

Great recap. Even though I watched, it's fun to read someone's interpretation.

I don't care for DeAndre, but it was sweet him telling his sister not to cry.

I love P2, but I think that was an unnecessay dig about needing to touch the audience's hands. Was that a dig at Colton or to the producers that encourage that kind of thing?

Next week, will it be Elise or Hollie going home??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV