Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,270,344 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
YES!!!!! running my phone bill through the roof pays off! Hollie = safe!!

Drinks are on me tonight, ladies and gents!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,569,106 times
Recap:

Spoiler
The show starts off with a performance by "The Wanted". Has anyone heard of them? I havent. Obviously more pimping -- this time a cute-boy-band that's apparently under contract to Idol's producers. They should perform before DeAndre does each week -- they'd make him sound great by comparison.

Joshua is ill tonight but he's toughing it out on stage.

The eliminations are being done according to the duet pairings from last night.

Jessica and Joshua: Jimmy has nothing but praise for Joshua's performance last night -- but he criticized Jessica's song choice and her performance. Ryan's getting worse (and not at all entertaining) with his teasing regarding whether they're safe or not. Of course, both Jessica and Joshua are safe.

Skylar and Colton: Jimmy says Skylar was great (I guess he didnt read my less-than-flattering review ) -- but that Colton wasnt so great. No surprise: Colton is safe. Skylar is also safe.

Hollie and DeAndre: Jimmy said that Hollie didnt do even as well as a high-school performer and predicted she'll probably be in the bottom 3. Jimmy then observed that, despite the judges' gushings, DeAndre was *not* great and was, in fact, the weakest of the boys -- and that he could be going home unless JLo saves him. No surprise: Both Hollie and DeAndre are in the bottom 3.

Kelly Pickler performs. Wow, she looks so different! I wouldnt have recognized her -- and, actually, I still dont. I know she had implants but her face looks so different. Maybe it's because she's lost a gazillion pounds. She certainly doesnt look like the same old "Pickle" that we all used to love. Her twang and down-home-country sayings almost dont match her appearance. Her voice is just ok -- apparently some of the weight loss may have been in her vocal chords.

Elise and P2: Jimmy commented that P2's song wasnt the best -- that it was a safe performance and just a good job. He cautioned that P2 needs to push himself and not continue to be safe. Jimmy said that Elise did great in the rehearsals but choked in the live performance. P2 responded that he's not the type to walk around the stage and touch people's hands -- that he's just himself. P2 is safe. Elise is in the bottom 3.

So the bottom three are: Hollie, DeAndre and Elise.

Right away Ryan announces that Hollie is safe. Ryan then asks the judges if the voters "got it right". Between DeAndre and Elise, all three judges agree that one of them should *not* be in the bottom 3.

Elise is safe. DeAndre sings for his survival.

After what the judges said, it's pretty obvious that they're not going to save him. His final song is another disaster. JLo calls him an amazing performer and says that she voted to save him (what are you thinking, JLo?????) but the other judges elected not to use their save on him. DeAndre goes home.

Last edited by TFW46; 04-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: edited to correct typos

Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,270,344 times
Spoiler
So glad my girl Hollie safe. She was looking too sexy to go home haha.

But, I don't understand J.Lo's fascination with DeAndre? He seems like a nice kid, but I think he should have been gone a lot sooner.

I think Elise is gone soon, I don't think she can last much longer.

J.Lo uses this show to promote herself. It gets old.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,714,862 times
I guess someone forgot his number

Old 04-05-2012, 07:16 PM

5,378 posts, read 4,500,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

LOL too funny! Yes, thanks, guys.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,428,272 times
"Wanted" is a big band in Great Britain. They were formed in 2009 if I remember correctly. 4 or 5 English kids and one Irish lad. It was kind of a "Monkee's" thing where kids auditioned from all over Great Britain. I think they are all in their early 20's. I like them.

They have not yet hit it big in the US but they will. I think they are good. It takes me back to the days when The Beatles were here for the first time. I am not comparing them to the Beatles but they are all very cute and they have a nice sound. They appear to be nice young men and they are clean cut. I hope they don't lose that.

Spoiler
I heard that Deandree was just horrible last night and when he sang for his save tonight he was againl. I guess that was his sis in the audience. I felt so sorry for her. She really took his leaving hard.
I'm so glad he is gone. I really was getting sick of JLo fawning all over him. I simply do not understand that. There is a lot of talent in AI this year but he's not one of them.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,428,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
LOL! I wasnt going to do a recap, as I was sure that people are tired of them -- but, for you, dear toosie, I will.
I LOVE your recaps, TFW, even if I have seen the show. You have a keen mind, my friend, and you express things so well.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,662,716 times
Before I forget - Sunny, props to you for dragging out that Millie Vanilli - too funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
LOL! I wasnt going to do a recap, as I was sure that people are tired of them -- but, for you, dear toosie, I will.
Are you kidding? I love your recaps and can't imagine who wouldn't! Hell, even if I don't share all your opinions, I still think I enjoy your recaps more than the show itself sometimes! Thanks so much - a stellar one tonight

GoBucks, I hope you and your girl are together very soon!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,569,106 times
i didnt think they sounded good at all -- but I admit that my ears are stopped up.

And I dont understand JLo's fascination with bDeAndre either.

If it were Paula Abdul, I might suspect that she's dating him (despite his young age). Paula had a reputation for quietly seeing Idol contestants while they were still performing on the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
"Wanted" is a big band in Great Britain. They were formed in 2009 if I remember correctly. 4 or 5 English kids and one Irish lad. It was kind of a "Monkee's" thing where kids auditioned from all over Great Britain. I think they are all in their early 20's. I like them.

They have not yet hit it big in the US but they will. I think they are good. It takes me back to the days when The Beatles were here for the first time. I am not comparing them to the Beatles but they are all very cute and they have a nice sound. They appear to be nice young men and they are clean cut. I hope they don't lose that.

Spoiler
I heard that Deandree was just horrible last night and when he sang for his save tonight he was againl. I guess that was his sis in the audience. I felt so sorry for her. She really took his leaving hard.
I'm so glad he is gone. I really was getting sick of JLo fawning all over him. I simply do not understand that. There is a lot of talent in AI this year but he's not one of them.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Too funny! And yes, THANKS to Randy & Steven for having some sense!
Don't know what the hell J-Lo has been smoking ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV