Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times

Advertisements

All Right Folks Let's Keep This Clean It"s a Clean...Positive (Verses) Thread For The Cities Of TULSA And OKLAHOMA CITY , Don't Say
Anything Negative About Either Cities Even If You Have To Bite
Your Upper Lip Or Something Equally Painful.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 04:54 PM

559 posts, read 1,757,172 times
i like all the hills and the bok center.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM

259 posts, read 1,072,579 times
Tulsa: I love the small-town atmosphere of Tulsa. Love the hills along 71st street down to the river. The entire Peoria/Cherry Street area feels like you're in another part of the country, it's beautiful and I would LOVE to live down there.

Oklahoma City: Better downtown, so many exciting future plans for downtown as well. NBA team, OU football.
It's a little more diverse here as well.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
I love the naivete of OKC, I love the sophistication of Tulsa, I like the Football in the area around OKC, I like the lakes around Tulsa...........I love the fact that both are cities and neither one is close to where I live................

Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Default I'm Proud Of You Folks From OKC And TULSA.......

I'm really proud of you folks from OKC and TULSA I thought that you
couldn't pull it off , but you did. I love the fact that OKC passed the MAPS
and passed up TULSA in the late 1990's and 2000's and did it all without
any OIL BARON'S footing the bill. I love the fact that TULSA still has the
World Class BOK Arena , World Class Gilcrease Museum, World Class
Philbrook Museum, World Class Ballet , by the way I never attended
any performances by the TULSA BALLET...but way to go forum......

Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM

59 posts, read 238,094 times
I live in Tulsa, but love to go to OKC and do things that we do not have,
their zoo is way better, bricktown, 45th infantry museum, science museum.
Ive lived in Tulsa all of my life, so its fun to have a getaway that I can get to in a bit over an hour.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
OkC has a LOT of stuff to do downtown. Great places to eat, the canals, the ballpark. Great place.

Tulsa is up and coming in those areas. The BOK center is #9 in the US for ticket sales and #23 in the world. So it's presence is picking up downtown Tulsa rapidly.

It's great to have two cities within 90 minutes of each other that are so different in many ways.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:56 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1031 View Post
I live in Tulsa, but love to go to OKC and do things that we do not have,
their zoo is way better, bricktown, 45th infantry museum, science museum.
Ive lived in Tulsa all of my life, so its fun to have a getaway that I can get to in a bit over an hour.

Oh yeah. OkC's zoo is on of the best in the nation and has been for some time. It's not top five or ten, but a fantastic zoo.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Oh yeah. OkC's zoo is on of the best in the nation and has been for some time. It's not top five or ten, but a fantastic zoo.
It's getting an incredible new exhibit!
http://www.okczoo.com/animals-plants/asia-exhibit/

"The biggest habitat to open in Zoo history is coming to the Oklahoma City Zoo.

When the elephants return to the Oklahoma City Zoo, their new home will be part of the largest exhibit in Zoo history.

Plans call for the $23 million Asia-themed exhibit to open in 2011 with plenty of different habitats that they can enjoy. The spacious exhibit will provide multiple diverse habitats for elephants including grassy knolls, shade trees, dust-bathing areas, scratching trees, mud wallows and swimming holes to enjoy. The design will support the physical and psychological needs of elephants and will be home to family groups of elephants.

Other animals that may call the Asia habitat their home include greater one-horned rhinoceros, Komodo dragon, Sumatran orangutans, siamangs, sloth bears and various birds, amphibians and fish-all species native to Asia."

Old 07-30-2009, 03:09 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,309 times
Tulsa has good brown soil, no red dirt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa