Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just don't fancy being in the way of bullets. There are plenty of choices for eating out that don't involve such excitement and I've no other business in these parts. Hate even having to drive around that area. Even if it's not that dangerous, looking at mess, filth, and dilapidation is not my idea of fun.

That’s just my opinion. Obviously, others can do as they please.
Have you ever actually been shot at in South Tucson? Just curious...

Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 AM

175 posts, read 607,200 times
I've heard more gunshots here in Southern NJ than I ever did in Tucson-and no I didn't go driving around looking for stray bullets..

Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
I've heard more gunshots here in Southern NJ than I ever did in Tucson-and no I didn't go driving around looking for stray bullets..
If I go for a visit to Southern NJ, I wouldn't look for stray bullets, either; therefore, I won't hear any gunshots! It's not like I hear them in Tucson.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:49 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
Living here in South Florida, the crime problem is more widespread and serious than it is in the Tucson area.

Urban areas are generally similar------stay away from shady neighborhoods, watch who you associate with, and try to do the right thing.

Crime, unfortunately, is a pervasive problem in our society. Crime here in South Florida is a major problem, and denying that fact is ridiculous. Escaping to any location in this country without crime is becomming a dream-----live life unitimidated but prudent and careful.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:42 PM

255 posts, read 882,056 times
I lived in tucson several years ago, and I loved it. I lived near the down town area, and walked everywhere.
I think there's good and bad to every city.
I agree with the person who said we must be unintimidated but prudent. Being careful yet relaxed. In todays world, violence can occcur wherever we are. Even in the so called nice neighborhoods, there are sometimes violence, attacks, etc...
I look forward to visiting tucson again in the near future, maybe even moving there. I'm also interested in albuquerque nm.
There are so many interesting cities.
Currently, I reside in providence ri, which I have a love/hate relationship with.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,796 times
I'll have to check out Tucson to see for myself how I like the vibe there and whether I feel safe, at home, excited to be there, etc. This board is very helpful too. Tucson always ranks high for me when I fill out online "find your place" surveys. That's cool and all, but I can't say if Tucson is or is not for me until I've spent some time there.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
In all fairness, that's not something AZ-specific. It's not even US-specific. There are talking cameras yelling at people in England! It's just a disgusting new world...
It's all part of the New World Order that George Orwell and Aldous Huxley warned about.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:44 AM

10 posts, read 47,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
In Tucson, nothing stops you from going to the shooting range and getting a gun yourself. Moreover, Arizona allows carrying of concealed weapons without a permit. This alone may keep shooting on the streets at bay.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 PM

21 posts, read 38,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoothillsInsider View Post
In Tucson, nothing stops you from going to the shooting range and getting a gun yourself. Moreover, Arizona allows carrying of concealed weapons without a permit. This alone may keep shooting on the streets at bay.

Is the law change in affect already? I know a resident can open carry but I thought that the law including concealed carry isn't in effect until October or some thing like that.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szupergipsy View Post
Why can't Tucson do something to make some money, or maybe the current look is Tucson's destiny?
Because Tucson is caught in a small town mentality. It doesn't want to be a big city. Of course, it is becoming one by default, anyway....but people in Tucson don't want to see that.

The people who are frustrated by this leave, which leaves the people with the small town mindset to run things. As a result, Tucson gets the worst of both worlds. It's becoming a big city with a mediocre/poor employment base, lots of sprawl, and not enough transportation infrastructure (both mass transit and freeways).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson