Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:46 PM

106 posts, read 364,975 times

Advertisements

Please do not give me any grief about wanting to travel via autobus. I have done it with great satisfaction in many countries and on four continents, so far.

There used to be two lines running from Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico to Tucson and on to Phoenix. One still shows one daily trip (TUFESA line). The other was Crucero USA. Crucero USA seems to have been taken over by Greyhound. The Greyhound site shows three times per day from Hermosillo to Tucson.

Are there any other lines running from Hermosillo to Tucson, and the reverse? I have searched for such and not been successful. BUT, I know bus travel is in direct violation of the American love affair with the personal automobile. So, there could be others that I have not been able to find.

TIA.
Have a great day.
Joseph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 02:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
I don't know about that, but you can always take a bus from Hermosillo to Nogales and then the shuttle to Tucson, if you wish.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:04 PM

Shuttle? What shuttle? Is there a company name to go with this so I can find them on the web?
When I was looking online, what if found seemed to be running folks to Mexico for doctor and dental services.

TIA
Joseph

Old 07-22-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joskel View Post
Shuttle? What shuttle? Is there a company name to go with this so I can find them on the web?
When I was looking online, what if found seemed to be running folks to Mexico for doctor and dental services.

TIA
Joseph
They're always right by one of the downtown crossings - by the duty free shop; not the one by the end of the main shopping street in Nogales, AZ. However, your bus might arrive somewhere in the middle of the city or closer to another crossing.

Sahuaro Shuttle, Nogales AZ, Nogales Mexico, Tucson, Phoenix and Mesa

Nogales Super Shuttle Inc - Tucson, Arizona (AZ) | Company Profile

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...-shuttles.html

Old 07-22-2009, 03:34 PM

Sahuaro Shuttle was the one I had found and they seemed to shuttle one to medical services in Nogales, MX. Shall look into the second.

Have a great day.
Joseph

Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Sahuaro Shuttle was the one I had found and they seemed to shuttle one to medical services in Nogales, MX. Shall look into the second.

Have a great day.
Joseph
There are shuttles there all day. It's nothing to worry about beforehand. Just take a cab to the downtown port of entry where they are. Everybody would know it.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM

643 posts, read 2,056,444 times
Quote:
BUT, I know bus travel is in direct violation of the American love affair with the personal automobile.

HA! Love it.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,359,275 times
Quote:
BUT, I know bus travel is in direct violation of the American love affair with the personal automobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBoBill View Post
HA! Love it.
Hmmm... did Joe just insult the American way of life?

Old 07-23-2009, 10:20 AM

652 posts, read 2,714,799 times
Quote:
Sad but true. I've used bus services many times traveling in the US and have been very satisfied, but those trips were all in the east or midwest. As frightful as it sounds, people seem to be MORE in love with their cars (trucks in particular) here in Arizona than they are in the midwest.

Sorry I can't really help you in this situation, I just liked your comment

Edit: I see the TUFESA busses on I19 all the time between Nogales and Tucson, looks like they do a pretty brisk business (and the busses all look nice, clean and new).

Too bad we can't get some rail transit up the main corridor of Arizona like from Nogales, through Tucson and Phoenix and ending in Flagstaff.

Last edited by nickw252; 07-23-2009 at 10:37 AM..

Old 07-23-2009, 10:40 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,359,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
As frightful as it sounds, people seem to be MORE in love with their cars (trucks in particular) here in Arizona than they are in the midwest.
Hmmm... could be the air-conditioning factor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson