Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:33 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times

Advertisements

I wonder about the two kids, one of which is nearly grown. They have never even been to school so I doubt they can even read or write, unless maybe she taught them (what little she knows). Can you imagine having to start school at 16 years old. All three of them are going to have a very difficult road ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 07:46 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,433,671 times
I wonder about the kids too, esp. the oldest girl. Heard the 11 yr old one was a bit more talkative (after a while) to the cops whereas the older one just gave programmed answers and barely made eye contact. She would shoot her younger sister 'looks' if she thought she said too much, they had have been so brainwashed. The younger one might have an easier time of it, given her age, it's going to be tougher for the older one. They've also led a very solitary lives and I read somewhere that they were taken out to a pizza place and had to leave b/c there were too many people (and I'm sure it wasn't because of the publicity b/c they're trying to keep a very low profile etc), they're just not used to a regular life and are in for a lot of changes, I just hope they can handle it, I think Jaycee will be OK in time as she had a normal childhood til 11 but her 2 daughters have some real challenges ahead, I hope they get the counseling and education they need.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:01 PM

674 posts, read 1,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
She obviously wasn't [just] locked up in the backyard for 18 years.

Oh please! Don't tell us you're another man who imagine she 'wanted' to be abducted. You surely sound like a man by the seeming excuses you're trying to find to this case. She was bloody raped at the age of - 11!!!!!! Small girls are not developed to have sex at 11.
If I hear one more man who tries to justify this kids existence in her prison, I think the police should investigate why there seem to be several men on this forum trying to make excuses for the abduction and rape of a child on here! Its sick.
Many people remain in highly abusive relationships because to them, they have nowhere to turn and would risk their entire family to be killed, and them to be killed if they did anything. She had two kids; her priority will be her kids.

The jews were kept in shackles in their concentration camps and worked too - and even had to pretend they were happy and well cared for every time a journalist came by. That doesn't mean they loved their camps or "chose" to be there and could run away whenever they wanted. You even have prisoners who have been so long in prison that when their term is over and they are free to go - they don't want to. They don't know anything else and have been conditioned.

What really is awful with this case is that police had been told by neighbors something was odd and to check his compound - and they DIDN'T BOTHER!
800,000 kids disappear in america each year. That's just mind boggling! Imagine, 8 million children missing every ten years.... That's the entire population of whole countries. Its just unbelievable.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,362,368 times
"What really is awful with this case is that police had been told by neighbors something was odd and to check his compound - and they DIDN'T BOTHER!"

YES! Somebody has some 'splainin to do! I see a lawsuit coming from this ineptitude. They just "informed" the sicko that his "compound" was a zoning code violation. They didn't even go in the backyard it sounds like!
In our county, when they even think there might be a zoning code violation, they are all over it like stink on a diaper. Without notice. They want to get those tax $$ if they find an illegal shed or a privacy fence so they can jack your property taxes up for them.
This is such a travesty like I can't believe.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
But yo0u also have to remmeber that the neighbor lived nearby for years and did not suspect anyyhting;so a stroy of hearing kids playing tot eh police and nothing done isn't surprising. rememeberr that alot of teh neighbors knew he was a sex offender and thta he was thought of as wierd by mnay, I see no lawsuit really. But I do think pweople need to rethink why so mnay of these guys are re;leased only to do it over and over. Souds more like you have a grudge against the police and would proably been hollering if they were sued for violating his rights if they had done a search.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
A child taken at that age, and traumatized in ways we could not imagine physically, emotionally, and spiritually would also behave in ways we would not imagine. She was a child, and I'd guess even at her current age her mentality is similar to when she was abducted by this creep.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 AM

16 posts, read 23,154 times
I would suggest you look up the term Stockholm Syndrome, that would explain her having not escape her captors. That and being so you would make her even more vulnerable and easy to control.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 AM

674 posts, read 1,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
"What really is awful with this case is that police had been told by neighbors something was odd and to check his compound - and they DIDN'T BOTHER!"

YES! Somebody has some 'splainin to do! I see a lawsuit coming from this ineptitude. They just "informed" the sicko that his "compound" was a zoning code violation. They didn't even go in the backyard it sounds like!
In our county, when they even think there might be a zoning code violation, they are all over it like stink on a diaper. Without notice. They want to get those tax $$ if they find an illegal shed or a privacy fence so they can jack your property taxes up for them.
This is such a travesty like I can't believe.

Another thing I don't fully understand: if you have a man who has been ten years in prison for abducting and raping a woman - would a parole officer not find it worthy to investigate and keep an extra eye on such a person, when he finds him with a wife and children... I mean, come on! Police knows that 90% of offenders are repeat offenders again and again. The fact, also, that he had an oriental wife (was she a mailorder bride?) is quite typical for men who want someone they think they can be in charge off and dominate, like a pet dog.
A repeat child assaulter with kids...????

I just don't understand what the police was thinking. The only one suspicious was his own neighbors and a woman who had served as a former investigator! The fact that the abducted girl immediately revealed her real name when she finally was questioned by police, shows clearly that she took the opportunity to try and release her freedom when she felt she could do so safely.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:57 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
A child taken at that age, and traumatized in ways we could not imagine physically, emotionally, and spiritually would also behave in ways we would not imagine. She was a child, and I'd guess even at her current age her mentality is similar to when she was abducted by this creep.
i agree with that, but it is just a shame that she let her children be subjected to the same thing that she was. i guess that she was so depressed that she did not see a way out, for either herself or her children.

i remember the story when that boy was sexually abused and when another boy was going to be abused, he finally summoned the courage to go to the police with his story. good for him!

how did this abductor get caught anyhow?

Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i agree with that, but it is just a shame that she let her children be subjected to the same thing that she was. i guess that she was so depressed that she did not see a way out, for either herself or her children.

You're trying to look at the situation from your own rational, sane point of view. You have to remember that this was a girl who was abducted at 11, raped, brainwashed and who knows what else and became pregnant as a child. She is not a normal "mother". She's had no education or socialization since the age of 11.

You have to at least try to step outside from your own rational thinking and realize that the brain can be powerfully manipulated. She did not view the treatment she received as unusual. It's all she knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime