Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,564,080 times

Advertisements

[quote=KevK;10564900]Don't put words in my mouth I didn't say or convey. There is a possibility that maybe she became attached to her kidnappers and decided that she liked being with them more than she did at home.
We don't know. Maybe her parents were very strict. Maybe they stayed on her about her grades and stuff.
Here is some information for your sorry ass post! The step dad said that Jaycee and her mom were more like sisters or best friends rather than mother and daughter they were extremely close! She was 11 YEARS OLD Had a child at 14 that means she was probably pregnant at 13 years old

Maybe she said "i got a place to sleep, food to eat and I don't have to put up with grades, parents, school and all that crap anymore".
Yep, that is it a 11 yr old girl would rather be raped by a old man and left to live outside in tarps and sheds than be home with her loving family

I don't know. I am just asking the questions I want answers to because this is like the most bizzare thing I have ever seen.
We should not get to know everything in this childs/adult life. It would be nice if we got updates on her status along with her children. But we dont really need that. Reality TV has people thinking that everything is their business and it is not!
This post borders trolling I am afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 08:38 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,819,843 times
Story is that the kids were told that Jaycee (Allissa) is their sister.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:36 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,622,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Unfortunately, you can't really trust the sex offender list....they aren't all pedophiles or rapists or perverts of some sort. You can get on the sex offender list for mooning or peeing by the side of the road or having sex with your boy/girl friend. The lists are more useful when they tell you what the actual crime is so you can tell the perverts from the guys who pull over on a long car trip to take a whiz behind a bush.

However, they KNEW this guy was a rapist and if they aren't going to lock him up forever they ought to at least keep a closer eye. There is no such thing as 'time served' for these people, they are a continual risk.
Last night they reported that Antioch has ??over 350?? registered sex offenders, presumably because they cannot live elsewhere and 1 deputy to monitor all of them.

I can't begin to offer an alternative to this problem but CA legislators might want to give it some consideration not that they don't have their hands full.

All I know is that is that Garrido was identified as a person of violence several decades ago and has declined. Somehow there should have been more supervision particularly since he served more jail/prison time only a few years ago--4 months and I'm not certain what the charges were.

During that time Nancy was the primary captor. This indicates to me that he had al 4 of them in a submissive state. FWIW.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:41 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,362,994 times
This is by far the craziest situation I've heard of in my life. I won't even try to put myself in the place of the girl and wonder why she stayed there even as she reached adulthood.

But, the system clearly failed in this instance. First, the man was given a 50 year sentence and served like 10 years of it for his previous sexual violence.

Second, the police were called due to strange behavior in his backyard, yet never entered the backyard. Don't they do a background check. Didn't they know his past history. Don't you atleast scope out the backyard which is where the strange behavior was reported.

Third, in 30 years his parole officer never came to visit and check out his living conditions. What do they do all day? Has this person made a statement yet?

Law enforcement should extract all they can from this man's sick twisted mind and then execute him. He doesn't deserve a trial...it's a waste of taxpayers money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime