Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
True...migration occurred due to closing factory's, steel mills, etc....that is why it is known as the "rust belt." However, you don't see the migration of other city populations mentioned above staying true to their hometown teams like Pittsburghers have done in the past when they have migrated.
And during the time being mentioned of this migration, those cities didn't win 4 Super Bowls. That kind of made the Steeler fans that moved more intense fans. At least I think it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
And during the time being mentioned of this migration, those cities didn't win 4 Super Bowls. That kind of made the Steeler fans that moved more intense fans. At least I think it did.
Absolutely--you are correct!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:36 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,616,063 times
Sounds like a professional athlete. Notice how ESPN is so far up the Ben's a$$ the refused to cover this story saying there were no facts to report, but that never stopped them when it was Kobe or Randy Moss....both cases were dropped....hmmmm I wonder what the difference is???

Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Sounds like a professional athlete. Notice how ESPN is so far up the Ben's a$$ the refused to cover this story saying there were no facts to report, but that never stopped them when it was Kobe or Randy Moss....both cases were dropped....hmmmm I wonder what the difference is???
There are other stations covering the story. I hear a lot of coverage on it here in Pittsburgh. ESPN is correct--there are NO facts to report as of yet. The allegations are still being investigated.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,616,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
So while Pittsburgh's population has declined, Steeler Nation continues to thrive in other areas across this nation due to the facts stated above.
Yep and I'm sure NONE of that has ANYTHING to do with the fact that they are winning and the bandwagoners are coming out of the wood works.

I hate Patriot bandwagoners the most. As a Pats fan they make me sick. You ask them about Hannah or anyone before Bledsoe or Brady and they have no clue. To hell with all the bandwagon jumpers!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Yep and I'm sure NONE of that has ANYTHING to do with the fact that they are winning and the bandwagoners are coming out of the wood works.

I hate Patriot bandwagoners the most. As a Pats fan they make me sick. You ask them about Hannah or anyone before Bledsoe or Brady and they have no clue. To hell with all the bandwagon jumpers!
Oh no doubt, the Steelers do have band wagon fans...every team does. But even when the Steelers weren't winning SB's, the fans still showed up at all the away games. Most of the time, the opposing teams stadium looked like Heinz Field or Three Rivers way back then.

But the main reasons are due to the facts stated in my previous posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime