Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Did you see his photo? I'm going to have to start a new thread called" WTF are we going to do with our sociopaths?"
How is it that there were no warning signs with this 17 year old? His former girlfriend said that this murderer was not the boyfriend she had known. It makes you wonder how a kid that young became so disturbed. Prosecutors say Colorado teen has confessed to Jessica Ridgeway murder - U.S. News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
How is it that there were no warning signs with this 17 year old? His former girlfriend said that this murderer was not the boyfriend she had known. It makes you wonder how a kid that young became so disturbed. Prosecutors say Colorado teen has confessed to Jessica Ridgeway murder - U.S. News
I'm so sad for her family. I can't ever imagine having to deal with the death of your child especially the brutual way she was killed.

This boy will get some lawyer that claims he was under distress and pressured into confessing. It happens all the time. The lawyer will also claim mental illness just like the Aurora shooter. I'm tried of calculated killers getting away with these violent crimes by pleading insanity. They are insane for thinking they won't get caught.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Ridgeway murder suspect Austin Sigg’s father no stranger to police | KDVR.com – Denver News, Weather & Sports from FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I guarantee you there were warning signs. He probably started a few fires as a kid and was probably occasionally cruel to animals. There were several girls in a CNN article earlier who stated that they were afraid of him long before this happened.

One of the girl's mother said:

"She was freaked out by a teenager staring at her at the park," Alexander said. "After Jessica was kidnapped, she told me she knew who it was.
"She was sure she knew who it was, and it was this teenager. Because he was 17. I didn't believe her."

Suspect in Jessica Ridgeway death made girls in the area uneasy - CNN.com

The FBI profiled the killer when that poor kid's body turned up. Did anyone see the profile? Any correlation with the teenager?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
At the very least, they caught this creep early, so he didn't get a chance to go on to be a Ted Bundy or Gary Ridgeway.

No consolation to the family at all though. What a horrific thing to know your child went through.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The FBI profiled the killer when that poor kid's body turned up. Did anyone see the profile? Any correlation with the teenager?
I couldn't find it, but I saw this in the Boulder Weekly:

"He was, likely, an isolated child with few friends and, possibly, a history of bed-wetting, raised by both biological parents in a home environment he would describe as stable. A lonely child has probably grown to a lonely adult who lives on the margins of society.
There’s a 49 percent chance he had selected that tree by the side of the highway as where he would leave her body before he’d kidnapped her, and a 22 percent chance he has returned, or will, to the site where he disposed of her remains. There’s also a 21 percent chance he’s already left town.
If he’s like the majority of the offenders in the study, he would still score below the threshold for classification as a psychopath on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, which is used by researchers and clinicians to diagnose risk for violence. Perhaps not because he’s not psychopathic, but because he’s learned to mask those traits, able to hide even in the full sunlight of a Friday morning."
Jessica Ridgeway: Sketches of a killer

He sounds similar to Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Interesting..his Mom called the police. Talk about creepy eyes! His picture gave me chills.

Poor Jessica and her family. Kudos to this crime being solved...probably saved the lives of other little girls.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting..his Mom called the police. Talk about creepy eyes! His picture gave me chills.

Poor Jessica and her family. Kudos to this crime being solved...probably saved the lives of other little girls.
Can you imagine how his mother must feel right now? I'm just glad he confessed before he hurt anybody else. If they don't keep him under lock and key for the rest of his life, I think there could be more to come.

I don't care if they put him in prison or a padded cell in the nuthouse as long as they keep him off the streets. My heart goes out to Jessica's family.

(Agreed on the eyes. Creepy.)

Old 10-26-2012, 03:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I walked a 1/2 mile to and from school as an elementary school kid. I also took public transportation from the suburbs to downtown for volunteer work as a high school student.
We walked well over a mile to elementary school in the fifties (no, it wasn't through deep snow, wild Indians or saber-tooths) and no one worried about kidnappings. It was a different time and a different America. It breaks my heart that so many godless monsters live in our society today.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Plenty of kids walk to school and back safely in the US. There have always been a certain number of child murderers out there. Some of the biggest "tabloid sensations" of the American past were gruesome child murder cases like the Albert Fish scandal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime