Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,055,897 times

Advertisements

I guess it depends on if anybody on the jury is one of the folks that sandusky claims takes showers with boys all the time. He said he knows a lot of people who do that so you never know. I think they should hang the guy myself.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:19 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,884,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The Jerry Sandusky case closing arguments are tomorrow. The jury will probably get the case either in the afternoon, or Friday morning. How many days do you think it'll take for the jury to convict him (assuming the jury meets only Monday thru Friday)?

I say it'll be on the second day.

So much for being innocent before being proven guilty.

Why do we need a legal system? we have the court of public opinion. Facts are so over rated, rumor and imagination are far more valuable. Give me a heads up if you are ever on an Orlando jury so I can suggest they excuse you.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:36 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,836,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I also think the verdict will come down on the second day, and I predict guilty on all the remaining charges (one of them was thrown out).
I certainly hope that is the case. However, remember the OJ case, and the acquittal. It's hard to predict not being on the inside of the courtroom. I'd like to hear some predictions from those who were inside every day and saw the jury's reactions and heard the arguments both ways. I wish JS had taken the stand. It would have nailed the coffin shut, IMO.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,514,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
I certainly hope that is the case. However, remember the OJ case, and the acquittal. It's hard to predict not being on the inside of the courtroom. I'd like to hear some predictions from those who were inside every day and saw the jury's reactions and heard the arguments both ways. I wish JS had taken the stand. It would have nailed the coffin shut, IMO.
Closing arguments are tomorrow. After that point some of the talking head "legal experts" will opine on the subject. I'll be listening to see what their guesses are. You're right, though, that predicting what a jury will do is like skating on thin ice.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,055,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So much for being innocent before being proven guilty.

Why do we need a legal system? we have the court of public opinion. Facts are so over rated, rumor and imagination are far more valuable. Give me a heads up if you are ever on an Orlando jury so I can suggest they excuse you.
I've been telling my wife for some time that somebody will have to be let go because they were unable to get a fair trial due to media coverage and already being found guilty in the court of public opinion. There have been a few here lately that are close. I wonder who the first will be to claim something along those lines in an appeal? Jury tainted by the media and that causing them to be impartial or something along those lines.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:19 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,514,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I wonder who the first will be to claim something along those lines in an appeal? Jury tainted by the media and that causing them to be impartial or something along those lines.
The charge has been used on appeal, many times. The Judge's instructions to the Jury when it's seated and when it enters deliberations are designed/intended to address those concerns. I support our jury system and the integrity of people who faithfully fulfill their duties. I can't think of a better system, anywhere. Count me as a supporter, not a detracter.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:51 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,836,161 times
In what order are the closing arguments presented? Prosecution first or second? How is it determined? That may make a difference in the outcome; perhaps the last statements before the jury goes to deliberation are the ones that have the most impact? Just speculation here.

Does anyone have a more in-depth local source for info other than pennlive.com, which is just summaries?

Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,596,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The Jerry Sandusky case closing arguments are tomorrow. The jury will probably get the case either in the afternoon, or Friday morning. How many days do you think it'll take for the jury to convict him (assuming the jury meets only Monday thru Friday)?

I say it'll be on the second day.
How do you know he's guilty? Were you in the court to hear all the evidence? Yes, there are victims who have come forward. He may well be guilty. But with the way our court system works, juries have made verdicts that goes against what one would think based upon what we see in the evening news. Sometimes the evening news doesn't report all evidence given or they present the evidence to suit their own personal views. Sometimes the jury doesn't get all the evidence. Some evidence presented on the news may not be presented to the jury, denied on the order of the judge. Don't be so quick to convict.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:07 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,083,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
From what the legal experts are saying, the prosecution blew the case and Jerry is gonna walk... Don't blame me, it's the experts who say that...!!
Hmmm... I wonder is anyone taking odds, and is it legal to bet on verdicts? most people I know think he will be found guilty, but if it could swing the other way....

Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,083,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
If Jerry does walk then we might as well NOT have a legal system as it fails again and again and wastes our time and money.
Oh, it already does that..our legal system is a joke. the guilty go free and alot of times the innocent go to jail due to fear mongering prosecutors an the plea bargain system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime