Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
UN-EFFING-BELIEVABLE!!!!

I honestly thought her guilt was piled miles high!

Who the hell does not report their only child missing for a month? THen goes partying on with friends, who did not know anything about it? Who also fabricates an entire lie about her whereabouts and makes up a fake baby sitter?? WHo also had chloroform and neckbreaking searched on her computer and the sent of remains in her trunk. Who??? Who does that but someone that has plenty to hide and also someone that has a daughter missing??? She killed her or had something to do with it. This is outrageous to me!

I feel like Scott Peterson got convicted on lesser evidence in Lacy's murder.

The jurors failed.
Good thought!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Cindy Anthony could be (however doubtful) charged with perjury (lying under oath in a court of law) and receive more 'time' than her daughter Casey. Amazing!
and when did that happen?????

Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 PM

531 posts, read 2,899,302 times
The jury system in this country is highly flawed and quite possibly, broken. The reality is you can have very dumb people serve on a jury. And with 12 people all needing to come to the same conclusion, you are bound to have people with "big" personalities play a significant role in the verdict.

Below are quotes from one of the jurors in the first OJ trial:

Asked by a reporter who the murderer was, Moran said, I cant speculate on that ... I know O.J. Simpson didnt do it.

-She knows? She knows for certain? Really?

She said it was a waste of time for the prosecution to try to build a case around the history of domestic violence in Simpsons marriage to Nicole. This was a murder trial, not a trial about domestic abuse, she said.

-Yes, sure, waste of time...people who abuse their wives NEVER murder them, right? Oh wait, they do? Fairly regularly? Oh, sorry...

Moran described other key aspects of the case that led jurors to acquittal. One was detective Philip Vannatters testimony that he did not consider Simpson a suspect the first time he went to his home.

This was somehow more significant than DNA evidence?

As for the glove found behind Simpsons estate, she said someone planted it.

-Oh. Is that right? Who?

Moran said each juror considered the evidence in the case throughout the trial, and thats why it took them less than four hours to agree on a verdict. It didnt take us nine more months to figure it out.Were not that ignorant, she said.

So you're ignorant, but not THAT ignorant. Actually, you are that ignorant.

My point is, the jury system is flawed. I'm curious to see how this girl lives her life from her on out. How does she live with the fact that she murdered her daughter?

Source for quotes above: http://articles.cnn.com/1995-10-04/u...urors?_s=PM:US

Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I am truly not clear how to respond to this verdict - stunned, well that is an understatement! I am truly stunned - I at least thought the jury would put 2+2 together and question why someone would fabricate so many stories - why someone would consistently lie if not to cover up something - personally, I do not think that is rocket science..I can understand, perhaps, deliberating about 1st degree or manslaughter - but this!?!?!?!?!

I wonder if all of the jury members will sleep well not only tonight but all the future tonights.

Perhaps it will be like OJ - took time but he was nailed on something else, and frankly, I believe, as I suspect many others do as well.....one of the reasons OJ was convicted in LV and the charges/sentence was to reap what did not happen to him with his wife and Ron.

I think that Casey Anthony will stay sort of low-key for awhile, I think she will be afraid to go out and be seen and recognized for awhile, and perhaps even be a tad humble-appearing; however, down the road, she will view this episode in her life as perhaps a 'hiccup' and will do something else, presuming, once again, she will not have to be held accountable for anything.

I hope she does NOT get credit for time served and be able to walk out of prison a completely free woman. I have, at least somewhat, some faith left in the judge and perhaps he will, if even for another year or two, hold her accountable for her constant lying to law enforcement.

Oh brother!
Just like it wasn't the last the world had heard of Joran van der sloot (sp?) when, five years after Holloway disappeared, he murdered a woman in Peru, this isn't the last we have heard of Casey Anthony. That is the way it is with sociopaths.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:06 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,153,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Just like it wasn't the last the world had heard of Joran van der sloot (sp?) when, five years after Holloway disappeared, he murdered a woman in Peru, this isn't the last we have heard of Casey Anthony. That is the way it is with sociopaths.

Agreed. I do think we will hear of her again when she does something else like this. AGAIN.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OMG her defense Cheney Mason has a pair of balls on him to say shame on us for believing the media and participating in the media assasination of Casey Anthony!
If you have ever served on a jury you wound know that he is correct...

The media only shows us what will get rating and nothing more....

Old 07-05-2011, 01:09 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Thank you!!!

I was just thinking the same thing. Had they have gotten Van Der Sloot then, that Peruvian woman would be alive today. But they screwed up.

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
People do and in this case someone was acquitted of murder UNJUSTtLY! And there is no JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE! Nothing you will say will convince me otherwise. This has nothing to do with the media. This is a woman who blatantly laughed, lied, about her daughter's murder which I believe committed.

And I would NEVER be accused of a crime that I didn't commit because I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER DOING A CRIME SUCH AS KILLING MY CHILD!
Of course you wouldn't think of doing such a thing - hope what I wrote in no way insinuated that, lol!!!!!

But folks do find themselves accused of stuff that didn't do - especially if something happens to a family member. My point is not that we commit crimes and then try to get out of them - my point is - any of us could end up in a situation where something occurred (even things at work!) and we get blamed for something we had no involvement with - or we get the finger pointed at us b/c of something circumstantial.

I think Casey is mentally ill. I hope she gets the help she needs.

1,370 posts, read 2,182,338 times
Stunned. Utterly.

I saw absolutely none of the media circus around this case. I only started paying attention when the trial started, and I watched the entire trial, and viewed at least 90% of the evidence that was available. I still think the cause of death could not be proved and therefore could not be judged, but I thought that the circumstantial evidence certainly was strong enough to prove that Casey was the cause of Caylee's death.

Never, never expected this.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:10 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Casey is guilty and it is a joke system!! They should have a retrial because the jury is A JOKE!! I am angry this little girl did NOT GET JUSTICE!!

SICK SICK SICK!! GOD HELP US IF WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO DISREGARDED THE CIRCUMSTANCES. They IS NO REASONABLE DOUBT!! NONE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime