Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,515,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Casey Anthony jail visit: Casey Anthony declines mother's jail visit - OrlandoSentinel.com

And apparently Casey is not interested in talking to her Mother, who obviously perjured herself for her daughter...gotta love that kind of gratitude.

I'm happy Casey declined the visit. Cindy is quite obviously at the root of Casey's issues. I sincerely hope this is a tiny step towards cutting her and George out of Casey's life for good.

WTF should Casey show gratitude towards Cindy? Cindy did it for Cindy because Cindy has serious emotional issues herself.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Bleeding hearts, and people who would prefer to see nobody else harmed, and people who are in touch with their OWN SELF INTEREST should agree that anything that might help to protect others from a potential offender makes sense.
Rehabilitation can help with that. Life isn't perfect and bad things happen to good people. You can't undo the past but you can try to make the future better.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:15 PM

288 posts, read 169,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm happy Casey declined the visit. Cindy is quite obviously at the root of Casey's issues. I sincerely hope this is a tiny step towards cutting her and George out of Casey's life for good.

WTF should Casey show gratitude towards Cindy? Cindy did it for Cindy because Cindy has serious emotional issues herself.
I totally agree that cutting her parents out of her life is a good first step. She has a lot of work ahead of her to untangle all knots in her life and it seems to me that continuing a relationship with Cindy and George would be a huge stumbling block.

OMG! If only Nancy Grace would quit milking this story!! At least some respectable attorneys are now speaking out about how the courts really work and are condemning what Grace is doing on a daily basis. I hope Grace takes the same route Glenn Beck took.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,037,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
If Judge Perry had shown one tiny bit of leniency toward Anthony, it would be bad for him at election time as well.
I don't believe that ... I don't think 'being an elected official' entered Judge Perry's mind at all. He is an excellent judge. He has surely pondered if there was anything he should have handled differently. But that is human nature. He has 3 on death row in Florida right now so he has no problem with death penalty trials.

If you live in Florida, you are aware in 1998, Judge Belvin Perry acknowledged a seven-year affair with former deputy court administrator Janis Williamson. She was fired a year earlier and filed a discrimination complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Judge Perry publicly apologized for the affair but said Williamson's firing had nothing to do with their relationship. She settled her complaint in 1999 for $65,000.

This did not derail his career the voters re-elected him and his fellow judges re-elected him Chief Judge for the Ninth Judicial Circuit for an eighth term. He certainly wasn't thinking about re-election to come forward and admit his affair so I don't think the Casey Anthony trial would cause him to think about his political future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So if Judge Perry wasn't an elected official he would have let her off on the spot, time served, with perhaps a bouquet of roses?
I don't think is was political at all. I think Judge Perry was disappointed in the verdict too.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:20 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,913,184 times

YouTube - ‪Rolling Stones-Sympathy For The Devil‬‏

Old 07-08-2011, 06:27 PM

288 posts, read 169,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't believe that ... I don't think 'being an elected official' entered Judge Perry's mind at all. He is an excellent judge. He has surely pondered if there was anything he should have handled differently. But that is human nature. He has 3 on death row in Florida right now so he has no problem with death penalty trials.

If you live in Florida, you are aware in 1998, Judge Belvin Perry acknowledged a seven-year affair with former deputy court administrator Janis Williamson. She was fired a year earlier and filed a discrimination complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Judge Perry publicly apologized for the affair but said Williamson's firing had nothing to do with their relationship. She settled her complaint in 1999 for $65,000.

This did not derail his career the voters re-elected him and his fellow judges re-elected him Chief Judge for the Ninth Judicial Circuit for an eighth term. He certainly wasn't thinking about re-election to come forward and admit his affair so I don't think the Casey Anthony trial would cause him to think about his political future.

I don't think is was political at all. I think Judge Perry was disappointed in the verdict too.
No, I'm not aware of the internal goings-on in his circuit. I would suggest that it was very political that he come out and acknowledge the affair and apologize. That is the best thing any politician can do when something like that information gets out in the community. The fact that there was a $65000 settlement means she had a case.

Giving ANY INDICATION of leniency or being pleased with the verdict would get him "unelected" in a heartbeat; far, far faster than having an affair would. I agree with you, it was more than obvious that he was "disappointed" in the verdict. Just look at the people in his circuit who are out there calling for Casey's "head" basically. THOSE are the voters in his circuit.

I would also add that I don't think it speaks well of him that "he has three people on death row." IMO, it shows more bias than not. I know of at least one of those cases which is still in the appeals process. IMO, he is a very pro-prosecution judge. That was just too obvious during the trial. If this case had be a guilty verdict, I think there would have been lots of Judge error found via the direct appeal.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,037,249 times
Quote:
I totally agree that cutting her parents out of her life is a good first step. She has a lot of work ahead of her to untangle all knots in her life and it seems to me that continuing a relationship with Cindy and George would be a huge stumbling block.

OMG! If only Nancy Grace would quit milking this story!! At least some respectable attorneys are now speaking out about how the courts really work and are condemning what Grace is doing on a daily basis. I hope Grace takes the same route Glenn Beck took.
Perhaps Jose Baez will contact the grief counselor that testified at the trial, Sally Karioth. She could work with Casey on her 'magical thinking.'

Why do you watch Nancy Grace? Do you have other means of self-torture? Or ... could you be a Nancy Grace closet fan. The Matrix Reloaded is on AMC.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Yes. I cannot stand NG! She is true crime's counterpart to GB, isn't she? LOL

Knowing what I do of the case, Casey seems to have some sort of weird relationship with her parents. She definitely has low self esteem which causes her to act out and seek attention in the forms of partying, sleeping around, etc. The mere fact that Cindy and George still threw her a graduation party when she had not graduated speaks volumes.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,476,161 times
Quote:
Perhaps Jose Baez will contact the grief counselor that testified at the trial, Sally Karioth. She could work with Casey on her 'magical thinking.'

Why do you watch Nancy Grace? Do you have other means of self-torture? Or ... could you be a Nancy Grace closet fan. The Matrix Reloaded is on AMC.
I saw a snippet of an interview Baez gave. He said he is going to see that KA gets the help she needs. We'll see. She'll need years and years of help.

There's such a simple solution to Nancy Grace. You pick up the remote and..... Click!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:

Why do you have magical thinking in quotes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime