Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 05:40 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,463,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Why? Why do so many people hope for rehabilitation? Did anyone hope for rehabilitation of O.J.? What about for Scott Peterson? What about for Robert Blake? Is it because she's a pretty, young woman, and that's why she deserves to be rehabilitated? What if she walks out of jail next week and gets hit by a bus? Is the world really losing anything great? I just heard on the news that nationally renowned psychologist are calling up her lawyers and offering their services for free when she gets released. Why? Why not give free counseling to the thousands of people out there who actually were molested and can't afford therapy? What exactly was it about this stone-cold, yet awkwardly giggly, spoiled, pathologically lying psychopath that has so many people "hoping" that she has a good life from here on out?
Being the bleeding heart that I am, yes, I'd like to see rehabilitation for offenders. Many people do get free counseling via that nasty old Medical Assistance so many whine about their taxes going to.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I haven't hear anything about that. I could call work to find out.....

Here is a pic of the tree that was hit by lightening today. The tree is in the exact area where the body of Caylee was found and it happened just after Casey was given only one more week to serve. Weird huh???

Casey Anthony lightning: Lightning strikes tree near site of Caylee's remains - OrlandoSentinel.com

UPDATE: No one has heard anything about any attacks. The weather is so stormy here, and has been for the past few hours, I doubt anyone is hanging around downtown. The lightening is just too bad to be outside.
There were 12000+ lightening strikes in PA yesterday. Does that mean something too?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Caylee's spirit is crying out from the grave. She wants justice.
Then "the spirit" should have got her mother instead of a silly old tree.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No one cares.

My worry about this verdict is that other people now see how easy it is to kill someone and get away with it. If Casey got off...Drew Peterson is good to go, they have never found his last wife, her body is still missing.

How many more copy cat killings like this could occur more frequently after the publicity of this trial. The method of death was explained, how to dispose of body, and how to get away with killing someone.
The only people who are going to kill their children from here on out are the same ones who would have done it anyway.

No one is thinking, "Hey Casey got away with it. Junior, come on in here!"

Old 07-08-2011, 05:53 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,984,386 times
Wise words. Thanks. +1 to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Given the current economy, I am glad that no more tax dollars will be used for years of appeals if she got the death penalty, or for paying for decades of care for her in prison.

Now she will be out on her own, and will need to find her own sources of support. That may be welfare, but even with welfare, there are a lot more restrictions on it than there used to be and most states require able bodied adults to look for work in order to keep receiving it.

She will either need to find people to take care of her, or eventually find some means to support herself.

I think its really the best outcome.

Had Cayley merely been in an accidental drowning, then shame on anyone who knew that and let this event turn into the circus its become. They deserve any problems they are facing now.

If Casey actually killed her, then she also deserves any problems she will now face once she is out on the streets.

Sadly for her, she happened to make some bad choices that caused a media feeding frenzy to descend onto her family.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
That ^^^^ is not how her ex-boyfriend's father described her. And, wow, he had a chance to get to know her in person during the six months his son had a realationship with her. She was in his home all the time with his son. He said that she clearly was a person who very much wanted to "belong" and to please others, that she had a bubbly personality but was very insecure. Not at all the way you're describing her.

And, there is the possibility that Casey, after things settle down, may decide to continue her education and get a college degree. There's no doubt that this woman will have to be hidden out of the public spotlight for awhile in order to minimize the risk that some nut out there would act out!

The real problem here is that a lot of people are talking about CA as if they actually KNOW her, have known her for years, and know exactly what she's thinking, all based on what the media has put out about her and her appearance in court!
I read that before. They said it wasn't until Casey came back into contact with Cindy that she started acting like the person we have seen in the media.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You too.

The only difference is most people on here are negative concerning CA and you are more on the positive, hopeful side.
No, did you read what Morgain wrote?

Here I'll quote it for you again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
That ^^^^ is not how her ex-boyfriend's father described her. And, wow, he had a chance to get to know her in person during the six months his son had a realationship with her. She was in his home all the time with his son. He said that she clearly was a person who very much wanted to "belong" and to please others, that she had a bubbly personality but was very insecure. Not at all the way you're describing her.

And, there is the possibility that Casey, after things settle down, may decide to continue her education and get a college degree. There's no doubt that this woman will have to be hidden out of the public spotlight for awhile in order to minimize the risk that some nut out there would act out!

The real problem here is that a lot of people are talking about CA as if they actually KNOW her, have known her for years, and know exactly what she's thinking, all based on what the media has put out about her and her appearance in court!

Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't see that happening, Morgain. I don't think she's capable of functioning on any sort of a normal level. What I know about her is mostly from the trial, BTW. But the whole fantasy world of working at Universal, Zanny the Nanny, the partying after Casey went missing (and according to Baez CA knew she was dead) I don't see her being able to cope with something like college. Or a normal life.

I think the defense will set her up someplace. Give her someone to live with. A handler. Unless she gets massive amounts of psychiatric help she's never going to be like everyone else. And if she's a sociopath no amount of psychiatry will change her brain.

She'll be an albatross around her parents' necks the rest of her life.

Stranger things have happened. I hope she does get lots of psychiatric help. She obviously has a lot of issues. I think cutting her parents out of her life would go a long way in rehabilitation too.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,044,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Being the bleeding heart that I am, yes, I'd like to see rehabilitation for offenders. Many people do get free counseling via that nasty old Medical Assistance so many whine about their taxes going to.
Bleeding hearts, and people who would prefer to see nobody else harmed, and people who are in touch with their OWN SELF INTEREST should agree that anything that might help to protect others from a potential offender makes sense.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Isn't this indicative of a person who clearly needs help though? She is clearly not eligible to adopt. Any reasonable person knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime