Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM

758 posts, read 1,236,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So was the Scott Peterson jury when they speculated that he dumped Lacy's body in San Fran Bay. NO one saw him dump the body (like no one saw Casey), NO one saw him with the body in his Jeep (like Casey and the Sunfire) on the way to the bay, but still he was convicted and sits on death row. And there was no smell of decomp in the car like Casey.
Yeah but he was doomed from the start because he told the stripper that his wife was dead and had more evidence against Scott so he is sitting on death row now

Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM

56 posts, read 93,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Given the current economy, I am glad that no more tax dollars will be used for years of appeals if she got the death penalty, or for paying for decades of care for her in prison.

Now she will be out on her own, and will need to find her own sources of support. That may be welfare, but even with welfare, there are a lot more restrictions on it than there used to be and most states require able bodied adults to look for work in order to keep receiving it.

She will either need to find people to take care of her, or eventually find some means to support herself.

I think its really the best outcome.

Had Cayley merely been in an accidental drowning, then shame on anyone who knew that and let this event turn into the circus its become. They deserve any problems they are facing now.

If Casey actually killed her, then she also deserves any problems she will now face once she is out on the streets.

Sadly for her, she happened to make some bad choices that caused a media feeding frenzy to descend onto her family.
Please, according to Nancy Grace, she'll be making millions off of book and movie deals and there's nothing legaly to stop her from doing that. She's a piece of s***!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,804,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So was the Scott Peterson jury when they speculated that he dumped Lacy's body in San Fran Bay. NO one saw him dump the body (like no one saw Casey), NO one saw him with the body in his Jeep (like Casey and the Sunfire) on the way to the bay, but still he was convicted and sits on death row. And there was no smell of decomp in the car like Casey.
BINGO!!!!

All the bantering back and forth in the world won't bring Caylee back. Nor will it convince me that someone other than Casey murdered her.
Enjoyed reading everyone's opinions but enough for me. Will be back when a new thread is started about Casey being pregnant and or when she commits yet another crime. I feel certain both will happen. Till then--see ya around CD!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:50 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,479,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Well it's happening ... Juror #6 has retained a publicist, Rick French, and he is sending letters out to the media in the packet that was given to the jurors.

"Our client -- a married, college-educated, 33-year-old white male with two young children -- is willing to consider granting one or more media interviews so long as the opportunities are paid."

We're told the juror has already received multiple offers from big news operations, including at least one major network. Sources tell us ... the high offers are in the "mid 5-figures."

But French insists ... sticky or not, his client ain't budging -- "He will not entertain any offers that don't include compensation for a myriad of reasons."
Wait until Casey Anthony hits the media trail. I understand she could received $500,000 per interview. A book deal will be worth over $1,000,000 upfront. She potentially stands to pull-in in excess of $5,000,000. Not bad when she should be spending the rest of her life behind bars...if it wasn't for an stupid, ignorant jury. Party on Casey - you child murderer!

18,836 posts, read 37,387,598 times
No, there is a separate thread for that discussion, this is about Casey Anthony Trial, and verdict.

After thinking about this today, I am outraged, yes, this was a circumstantial case...but now she is free, time to just move on. Life is not fair, that is why Scott is sitting on death row, and Casey will be free...Just the way it is.

I LOVED Nancy Grace last night, trashing the jurors...that was hilarious! She basically called them a bunch of red neck, uneducated, trailer trash idiots...it was too funny.

People just need to accept the decision. My daughter told me Casey is moving back home with her parents?! Now that, is DYSFUNCTION@!!!!!!!

1,027 posts, read 1,379,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Yeah but he was doomed from the start because he told the stripper that his wife was dead and had more evidence against Scott so he is sitting on death row now
And Casey told everyone her daughter was kidnapped by a fictional nanny. How is one more convincing of foul play than the other? And what evidence did they have on Scott that was more convincing that what was presented in Casey's trial?

11,523 posts, read 14,669,312 times
I think there was some type of subconsious/unconsious colluding going on here between defendant/family/jurors perhaps? Doesn't seem jurors put the pieces of the puzzle together. Left field to say father was involved. No evidence of that--why would the alternative give that idea weight? Where is the evidence of that? Why say something like that when you have other definitive evidence saying something else? A diversion, why pay attention to it?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,479,590 times
Casey Anthony Verdict: Defense Attorney Jose Baez Called "Luckiest Man in America"

Old 07-06-2011, 02:55 PM

288 posts, read 168,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiffy0793 View Post
Please, according to Nancy Grace, she'll be making millions off of book and movie deals and there's nothing legaly to stop her from doing that. She's a piece of s***!
And Nancy Grace is always right.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,084,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
As I mentioned in a previous post, juror number one didn't even know how to respond when asked if her verdict was verified and true.
Not only does the post directly above yours dispute this, using this as a criteria for measuring intelligence is so laughable it honestly makes me question your intelligence.

Quote:
They didn't take notes.
Most jurors don't. Some jurisdictions don't allow it and others don't allow them to be used in deliberations.

Quote:
They didn't ask to see any evidence.
What evidence could they have seen that would have helped them?

Quote:
The alternate juror states they all believed George Anthony was involved. This would mean the jail conversation where George was trying to get information out of Casey and was trying to convince her to talk to an FBI agent, was all an act? He should win an Oscar.
What is so hard to fathom about all that? As pointed out below, this man was a homicide detective at one time.

Quote:
And they actually believe "River Cruz" when she said he told her it was an accident, even though when during cross examination she read her interview with police she told them "He said he BELIEVED it was an accident."
And people give conflicting testimony all the time, which the jury has to take into consideration.

Quote:
Not to mention, George Anthony used to be a homicide investigator, and he would be careless enough to put a dead body in his trunk, drive it only 15 houses away, and then toss it in the woods?
It worked, didn't it? Regardless of who left that body there, it was hidden long enough that no reliable evidence could taken from it.

Quote:
Now I'm hearing that they sympathized with Jose Baez and Casey Anthony? Analyzing the lack of evidence is one thing, but sympathizing with two of the most unlikable people I've ever seen on national TV?
And would you feel better if they sympathized with the prosecution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime