Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 PM

288 posts, read 168,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
What was shown during the trial that makes you believe this? I want to know so I can use that tactic to get murderers a no guilty verdict in the future.

It is the lack of evidence which leads me to that conclusion. Not answering any more of your questions until you ansewr mine.
Are you a practicing attorney?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:29 PM

33,591 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
The prosecution failed in this case. Casey must now walk a very thin line. She will be under the microscope for some time now. I hope people will leave her parents alone.

The prosecution made their case with no reasonable doubt. The phyical evidence backed up the circumstancial evidence. perfect.

Problem the jury was fed lies , many of them muddying the facts with a bunch of statements that were off base. The jury fell for the lies and let a murderer walk.

Anyone who followed the facts could put it all together and have a very strong case of capital 1 murder. The child was wrapped in a blanket in from the Casey home along with a laundry bag of which came from a set ,the other in the Casey home.The duct tape was in the home. All this was found in the woods along with the body.

Casey hid the whereabouts of her daughter for a month because she no longer existed and could not be reunited with the grandparents of which they asked to see Caylee. Casey tried everything she could to throw the police, her parents and jury off , by making statements - the child being kidnapped, the child was in Tampa and Jacksonville.and to top it off being molested by her father and brother. Casey knew Caylee no longer existed as a live human being .

Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,482,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
This trial was conducted in the same way all criminal trials are conducted except in this case they had a death penalty qualified jury, and that kind of jury is more likely that "ordinary" juries to return a GUILTY verdict. However, in this case, they appropriately returned a NOT GUILTY verdict because the state did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. It's beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt.....IT IS NOT A "SHADOW OF A DOUBT"......

I totally understand that the verdict is NOT"innocent." Do you have any link to any statements by George and Cindy Anthony saying they believe their daughter bagged up Caylee and threw her in the words?

Can you prove that Caylee's death was not an accident? I don't think so.

Now, it's my opinion that Casey did not intentionally kill her daughter. I am sure that I don't know what really happened because there was not enough evidence (yes, even circumstantial evidence) to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt of any one theory. I was not present at the time Caylee died, so I don't know how it happened.
Sorry, but whether Casey intentionally killed her daughter or purposely (premeditated) killed her daughter - it's still murder. Beyond a reasonable doubt is in the view of those particular twelve jurors. The facts are the state set the bar too high on the charges based on the lack of positive proof. The police probably botched the case by not thoroughly following up the meter-reader's findings, which delayed finding the body by (I believe) 3-4 months.

So, is the state going to go after George and/or Cindy for the death of Caylee? Is it outside 'reasonable doubt' that someone (of three people) living in the Anthony house killed little Caylee, put her body in a bag and threw her body in the woods like a rabid raccoon to decay? We still have the death of a baby to solve, right?

Like it or not Casey Anthony got away with murder! The Happy Murderer

Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,380,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
The fact is, cases like that are not summed up in one paragraph.
Ummm...have you ever done a case brief? I've seen case briefs in as little as three paragraphs. Sometimes you get a much clearer prospective from reading a case brief. Your mind gets all discombobulated sometimes sitting in a courtroom for weeks on end listening to lawyers and experts argue. By the end of the trial you don't know what to believe. Case brief in this situation would read "Suspect didn't report missing child to police, lied to family saying that the child was with a nanny when they wanted to see her, she lied to detectives when they were attempting to investigate Caylee's disappearance, the body was found 15 houses away from hers with duct tape on the mouth, according to decomposition experts her trunk smelled like human decomposition..." GUILTY!

Even Casey supporters like you and Morgain admit that at the least, Casey was guilty of negligent homicide, which means she should be in prison. The rest of us feel she is guilty of first or second degree murder, which means she should be in prison. Either way, the law didn't work today.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:37 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,380,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
It is the lack of evidence which leads me to that conclusion.
Since when does a lack of evidence mean someone is innocent of a crime? All it means is the crime cannot be proven.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,979,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
That is so rude I can't even believe someone would say it. Those people put aside their lives for 6 or so weeks, doing their duty, as we all should, so that we may continue to have this justice system that DOES work whether you like the outcome or not. To insult the jurors just because they rendered a verdict different than what you think it should have been is shameful.

This was a very very smart jury apparently. (sarcasm here) They didn't listen to a thing in court except the commotion Baez always brought into the courtroom and looked forward to what the desert lady was going to bring them today.

Twelve people some without even a high school diploma understood fully the jury instructions Judge Perry read to them ... all 26 pages and they received a copy of the instructions .... amazing! They didn't send a note out asking not one question about the instructions.

Here is it ... I assume you understand every single thing with no questions whatsoever.

Judge Perry Jury Instructions 26 Pages (http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-07/177483200-04090136.pdf - broken link)

Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,084,458 times
Does it strike anyone else as "cruel and unusual punishment", for the judge, who knew the verdict, to make the defendant sit there and wait several hours before hearing it?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Sorry, but whether Casey intentionally killed her daughter or purposely (premeditated) killed her daughter - it's still murder. Beyond a resonable doubt is in the view of those particular twelve jurors. The facts are the state set the bar too high on the charges based on the lack of positive proof. The police probably botched the case by not thoroughly following up the meter-reader's findings, which delayed finding the body by (I believe) 3-4 months.

So, is the state going to go after George and/or Cindy for the death of Caylee? Is it outside 'reasonable doubt' that someone (of three people) living in the Anthony house killed little Caylee, put her body in a bag and threw her body in the woods like a rabid raccoon to decay?
I have no doubt knowing Casey hid the whereabouts of her daughter, because Casey knew she didn't exist as a live human being . What kind of mother parties when her child is missing and doesn't contact the police or tell her family . Perfect scenario. A mother who has killed her daughter.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Does it strike anyone else as "cruel and unusual punishment", for the judge, who knew the verdict, to make the defendant sit there and wait several hours before hearing it?

Oh, please, I have no sympathy for a woman who kills her child and parties.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,979,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Actually I think Judge Perry was very disappointed in the verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.