Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,763,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
George and Cindy better watch their backs ... Casey told Amy H that GA & CA was giving her the house and wanted Amy to move in and share expenses.

George and Cindy had no plans to give the lying Casey the house. If I was George and Cindy I would sleep with a weapon. Casey is capable of anything and now she knows all she has to do to get along in this old world is just lie, lie, lie and steal, steal, steal.

I wonder if they will arrest George for the murder now!!!

Casey became the victim ... but Caylee Marie Anthony is dead!
If I were George and Cindy, I'd sell my property as fast as I could and get as far away from Florida as I could....and leave NO forwarding address! With the celebrity status of their home, they should be able to get a decent price, even in these tough economic times. I would try to get a restraining order on Casey in order to keep her away from my property until I could get out of there. Who knows though, they might not be ABLE to get out of town yet. If SHE'S not guilty of the murders, who else had access to the trunk of that car? They better watch their backs.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,961,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
So you do not respect the jury verdict?

This case is a perfect example that our criminal justice system is not at all broken. The verdict renews my confidence in that system.

This is a jury who listened to the evidence presented in the courtroom, from both sides, and obviously noted the lack of evidence. then they were given instructions on the law by the Court. If they were at all "confused" by the instructions, they could have sent out a note to the judge indicating such. They did not. They were NOT listening to all the speculation going on in the media. Certainly you must understand the Rules of Evidence and why they were sequestered. You insult this jury simply because you have been influenced by the windstorm of negative information being spewed out by the media about this woman. Surely you realize that in order for information to come before the jury, it has to fall within the Rules of Evidence.

Bottom line, the state could not prove how Caylee died. No uncontroverted evidence of how she died. You should be well aware that in a court of law you simply cannot convict because you "believe" something. There must be FACTS to substantiate it. The State did not have the facts to prove Casey Anthony murdered her child. They didn't even have anyone to testify that Casey ever yelled at her daughter, or spanked her, or was a bad mother!! They FAILED to prove the case.

Being falsely accused and wrongfully convicted is a real problem in our justice system. Thank goodness this woman was not wrongfully convicted today.
of course i don't respect the jury's verdict!

this jury, like the OJ jury, lacked common sense and you would think when a child has been MURDERED that there would be some. i don't even think they took enough time to adequately analyze all the charges available and sift through all the evidence presented. i think they were aggravated by the long trial and having to "work" on the weekends and just wanted to go home.

i pointed out a lot of the evidence earlier. if the jury can't add 2 plus 2 and get 4, they don't deserve respect. A DEAD CHILD HAS BEEN DENIED JUSTICE.

the jury CONVICTS her of lying, but not anything else. that certainly is odd. why would you lie if you didn't have anything to hide?

i agree with the other poster, and i bet nobody in that jury room would let casey babysit their children.

they know.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:22 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,037,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am not surprised. I have watched and contemplated this case . . . and never saw any evidence that could convince me that Casey killed her daughter. She may have! But the DA showed me nothing that "proved" to me she did it.
Thank you for being brave enough to say this in front of this group. I agree with you. She may be deranged or many things, but they did not prove that she did it.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:22 PM

288 posts, read 168,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have to ask, Morgain...

Do you think Caysey is innocent? Or do you think that the state simply didn't prove its case?
First, I think that the state did not prove their case because I came away with a reasonable doubt.

Second, I honestly don't know what happened. In my own mind I don't feel like I "know" what happened. I "believe" that Caylee's death was an accident, and I think Casey was involved in that accident. That's the best I can come up with, based on what I consider credible evidence. I think Casey is innocent of intentionally killing her daughter.

I read those jury instructions, and following the jury instructions, which is the law, I can totally understand why this jury came up with this verdict. I'm surprised though that they did just a good job at following the law.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:23 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,409,819 times
Default Casey's Psychopathy -- Where Did it Come From?

I am wondering if she picked up her compulsive lying and antisocial behavior from her mother.

Note how Casey stole so many checks from her mother, who didn't prosecute her for them and how when she stole money from her grandfather's care account, her mother stopped her grandmother from prosecuting her and paid back the money.

Note how her mother got on the stand and LIED for her about the chloroform computer searches even though she was really at work when the searches were made. Who does THAT but another compulsive liar psychopath?

Also note how when her father testified he mentioned being told he was "overreacting" when he tried to do something about Casey in the past.

Note how Casey's defense totally threw the father and brother to the wolves ... painting them as incestuous perverts without a shred of evidence ... yet didn't throw mommy to the wolves.

Casey didn't become a compulsive liar in a vacuum.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM

14,593 posts, read 23,176,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this jury, like the OJ jury, lacked common sense and you would think when a child has been MURDERED that there would be some.
They don't lack common sense. You are just emotionally vested in the outcome.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:26 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,961,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I am wondering if she picked up her compulsive lying and antisocial behavior from her mother.

Note how Casey stole so many checks from her mother, who didn't prosecute her for them and how when she stole money from her grandfather's care account, her mother stopped her grandmother from prosecuting her and paid back the money.

Note how her mother got on the stand and LIED for her about the chloroform computer searches even though she was really at work when the searches were made. Who does THAT but another compulsive liar psychopath?

Also note how when her father testified he mentioned being told he was "overreacting" when he tried to do something about Casey in the past.

Note how Casey's defense totally threw the father and brother to the wolves ... painting them as incestuous perverts without a shred of evidence ... yet didn't throw mommy to the wolves.

Casey didn't become a compulsive liar in a vacuum.
she wasn't just a liar. she said that her father and brother molested her, (a strong accusation) but then she let them babysit her own child.

rather odd behavior also.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:27 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,643,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
First, I think that the state did not prove their case because I came away with a reasonable doubt.

Second, I honestly don't know what happened. In my own mind I don't feel like I "know" what happened. I "believe" that Caylee's death was an accident, and I think Casey was involved in that accident. That's the best I can come up with, based on what I consider credible evidence. I think Casey is innocent of intentionally killing her daughter.

I read those jury instructions, and following the jury instructions, which is the law, I can totally understand why this jury came up with this verdict. I'm surprised though that they did just a good job at following the law.

She should have received manslaughter-

Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
of course i don't respect the jury's verdict!

this jury, like the OJ jury, lacked common sense and you would think when a child has been MURDERED that there would be some. i don't even think they took enough time to adequately analyze all the charges available and sift through all the evidence presented. i think they were aggravated by the long trial and having to "work" on the weekends and just wanted to go home.

i pointed out a lot of the evidence earlier. if the jury can't add 2 plus 2 and get 4, they don't deserve respect. A DEAD CHILD HAS BEEN DENIED JUSTICE.

the jury CONVICTS her of lying, but not anything else. that certainly is odd. why would you lie if you didn't have anything to hide?

i agree with the other poster, and i bet nobody in that jury room would let casey babysit their children.

they know.
good points

Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,674,578 times
Just about every time the media turns a murder case into a 3-ring circus, the verdict comes back NOT guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime