Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 AM

34,363 posts, read 20,635,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Don't want to generalize, but I just met a guy from Seattle : gay, intellectual, obamaniacal, sententious, full of himself, with a giant chip on his shoulder , talks to the general populace as if they were retards (he is a second grade teacher): maybe some rednecks or somebums in the neighbourhood don't aprreciate this kind of people and run amok from time to time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
He has a few characteristics of serial killers

...like compulsive gestures : he sanitizes his hands with a kool aid bottle every 2 minutes. A case of deep neurosis, I guess, I feel sorry for his pupils!

Characteristics of Serial Killers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,047,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I think that I read an old article in a Seattle newspaper that a more than usual number of serial killers had had some connection with that city at some point in their life.

That meant they may have been born there, or killed there, or just lived there for a while.

That criteria casts an awfully wide net, but also gathers a whole lot more names of killers than any other place.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 AM

13,016 posts, read 19,015,324 times
Because Ann Rule is there! I don't mean to say that serial killers move there for that reason. But those who do their dirty work there are going to be chronicled, quite well, in one of her true-crime books. This gives the impression that the Pacific Northwest has so many. It probably does not have any higher percentage of them.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,779,636 times
The "Ann Rule factor" is a part of it, to be sure, but there is more to it than that.
Before posting I considered that - Rule and several other True Crime writers call the Pacific Northwest home.
But think of it - it just could be the other way around. non fictiob writers write about what they know and about topics to which there is easy access. If you live there and you are a writer there is a lot of folder for your creativity,

Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 PM

194 posts, read 465,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have noticed this and so have others.
Any thoughts?
It's the rain! Some people are affected by long periods of overcast weather, and if you're not quite right to begin with, this could bring out your evil tendencies. It would be hard to plot a gruesome murder on a bright sunny day, with birds chirping, or in the glow of freshly fallen snow. But in the constant pounding of the hard rain, yeah i could see that! Plus, there seems to be a lot of drugs and transient types in Portland and Seattle, and unfortunately many of those people have issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime