Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:08 PM

371 posts, read 1,763,672 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah... the construction. They are going to rework the exits on the 395 ramps going into Kenn. Get ready to drive all the way around to Richland... or downtown Pasco :|
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 AM

215 posts, read 879,376 times
^Meh. People here will complain but they have nothing to complain about. Try Seattle where there is generally no alternate route.

When the light turns green and you don't move move forward before it turns red again, you have a problem with traffic. When the freeway is at a dead standstill and it has nothing to do with road construction or an accident, you have a problem with traffic.

I have yet to see either in the Tri-Cities.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:36 AM

150 posts, read 696,994 times
Doesn't mean we can't complain! This isn't Seattle. We don't live in Seattle.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:47 PM

215 posts, read 879,376 times
You can complain all you want. The point is, if you do, you really have no concept of the reality of what traffic congestion is. I'm not just talking about Seattle. Go to almost any area in the country with a population equal to or greater than the Tri-Cities. You will find traffic problems. Perhaps not as great as those I've described, but you won't be able to get wherever you want to go in 15 minutes or less. Tri-Citians crack me up when they start complaining about Road 68 or the mall area or the need for another bridge. This area has so many other problems and shortcomings that desperately need to be addressed. The transportation infrastructure is more than adequate.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 AM

150 posts, read 696,994 times
I must not... since I moved here from the a city with twice the population of Seattle.

Overall traffic is not a problem. I love being able to drive anywhere I want, at any time, without considering traffic or congestion.

The blue bridge is a problem. Accidents are common and unnecessary. As the population of this area increases it will only get worse.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,486,817 times
I would have to agree that the complainers need to get a life. Yes in the older days we only had a new (blue bridge) and the old bridge. The along came the nice cable bridge which made our life much more easier. If ya know your way around you can make your way around pretty good now days.
Sure I am not in town nearly as often as I used to be when I lived in Kennewick but I still know the tricks and how to negotiate the blue bridge with no problems.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,688,790 times
Yes, Blue Bridge entrances are poorly designed. Good to hear they are going to improve them, even though it will be an inconvenience. I like both bridges. The Cable Bridge is certainly more interesting, but I also like that early 60's style on the Blue.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:44 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,486,175 times
Part of the problem on the blue bridge is the Pasco side exits. The left exit onto Lewis throws some people; there's no exit for Sylvester, so if you miss that one it has to be Court. Then there's the overpass shortly after the left exit, where people who either don't use cruise control or aren't too handy with the gas pedal always find a reason to lose 5 mph, and vision far ahead is obscured.

Still, though, traffic problems here are hilariously minor compared to many places. I thought it was very funny, and tragic from a $ waste standpoint, that they felt the need to dig a train underpass below CC Blvd. All because once in a while, there were maybe ten cars backed up on each side of the light. I used to live right near there, and it just amazed me how many people would stop ON the train tracks at the light. It's pretty bad when the city has to put up a sign warning people not to stop on train tracks, which is kind of like posting a sign on a bridge saying 'no jumping'. Anyone stupid enough to do either probably also doesn't read signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities