Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 12:38 AM

371 posts, read 1,762,479 times

Advertisements

As you may know, the Blue Bridge is about to get a makeover starting this week - September.

The thing is that I have a few errands to run in Kennewick... this week

I almost know nothing about how this is going to affect daily runs, anyone know anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 PM

17,220 posts, read 57,124,095 times
Given that the typical Tri-City driver is not too skillful, and does not handle traffic or re-routing well, it probably won't be pretty. Link below gives Tri-City area forcast and a near-live picture of the Blue Bridge for reference. As of right now it looks OK.

WSDOT - Weather Forecast

You can of course re-route along I-82 and get into Kennewick via Richland, or use the Cable Bridge.

This will screw up commute time traffic bigtime I would expect.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 PM

215 posts, read 878,591 times
Come on people. This is a joke. There are THREE bridges in the Tri-Cities to choose from. If one is having work done, it takes what? 10-15 extra minutes to go one of the other routes? And I can guarantee even though the Blue Bridge will be slower than usual, the traffic will still be moving forward.

I swear people in this area are so spoiled when it comes to traffic. They don't even know what they have.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:44 PM

17,220 posts, read 57,124,095 times
When I look at the Blue Bridge webcam on WSDOT, it seems that the traffic is moving normally. Maybe they are not doing any work that really interferes with using the bridge.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM

371 posts, read 1,762,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
Come on people. This is a joke. There are THREE bridges in the Tri-Cities to choose from. If one is having work done, it takes what? 10-15 extra minutes to go one of the other routes? And I can guarantee even though the Blue Bridge will be slower than usual, the traffic will still be moving forward.

I swear people in this area are so spoiled when it comes to traffic. They don't even know what they have.
Im not complaining about traffic oh HELL no, traffic anywhere in WA state is practically non existent (except for some shady spots in Seattle, but even that is nothing compared to LA).

However, I really dont feel like going all the way around to Richland if the Blur Bridge is completely closed

Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM

150 posts, read 696,419 times
Quote:
I'm sick of this attitude. I think most all of us know that the traffic here is great.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:48 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,107,471 times
Default Should they build a bridge going from Finley to Burbank?

I'm glad to hear that them working on the Blue Bridge isn't slowing down the traffic on the Blue Bridge too much

Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 AM

215 posts, read 878,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcres View Post
I'm sick of this attitude.
Forgive me for having an opinion; I've noticed that's a dangerous thing to have in the Tri-Cities if it's not conforming to the mold. You prove that point pretty well.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:19 PM

150 posts, read 696,419 times
Quote:
Forgive me for having an opinion; I've noticed that's a dangerous thing to have in the Tri-Cities if it's not conforming to the mold. You prove that point pretty well.
Ya, the mold... Are you serious?

Your post assumed that anyone complaining about traffic has never left the area. I've lived in multiple states and cities. The traffic here is better then anywhere else I have lived. Does that mean it is perfect? Hell no. The blue bridge is configured incorrectly and dangerous. It needs to be fixed and it is being fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities