Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 PM

353 posts, read 580,883 times

Advertisements

I have a problem with homeless people hanging out by high end resorts and taking bath in the ocean while cussing, passing gas and begging vacationers for money…That is just so disturbing and offensive and ruins the day…
Is there any bum control in highly commercialized resorts in US or the Caribbean?
What would be the best place to go on vacation without being harassed by a homeless person?

UPDATE! I expressed myself harshly. So here is a little update before you attack and call me arrogant:

The "bums" I saw, were rude, they cussed and passed gas. They spit in a baby blue water. They weren't nice. There were drunk. That is what I would like to avoid.

Last edited by lil_fox13; 02-26-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Stay home.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
I have a problem with homeless people hanging out by high end resorts and taking bath in the ocean while cussing, passing gas and begging vacationers for money…That is just so disturbing and offensive and ruins the day…
Is there any bum control in highly commercialized resorts in US or the Caribbean?
What would be the best place to go on vacation without being harassed by a homeless person?
Well...that's how the real world is. I guess if you want to ignore homelessness and poverty, your best bet is to go on a cruise. Wait...maybe not...ask the passengers aboard the Carnival Triumph.

I've never been bothered by those less fortunate then I am while on a vacation ANYWHERE. Usually these people are actually quite nice and respectful even if they do ask for a few dollars.

You seem wayyyyyy too pretentious; I hope I don't have to stay in the room next to you on my next vacation.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Veradero, Cuba.

We stayed at the Iberostar Laguna Azul last May on our honeymoon and didn't see any homeless people at the resort or anywhere in Veradero for that matter.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
you smelt it you dealt it

Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,422,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Well...that's how the real world is. I guess if you want to ignore homelessness and poverty, your best bet is to go on a cruise. Wait...maybe not...ask the passengers aboard the Carnival Triumph.

I've never been bothered by those less fortunate then I am while on a vacation ANYWHERE. Usually these people are actually quite nice and respectful even if they do ask for a few dollars.

You seem wayyyyyy too pretentious; I hope I don't have to stay in the room next to you on my next vacation.
Ditto all of this.

However, if you do want to vacation in a bubble, the 3 adjacent Marriott resorts (Ocean Club, Surf Club, Stellaris) on Palm Beach, Aruba have security guards around the beach to keep everyone but Marriott guests out (day and night).

I suppose any self-contained higher end resort would likely be able to keep the offensive people out of your line of sight as well. The Waldorf El Conquistador in Puerto Rico may also fit your criteria.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Veradero, Cuba.

We stayed at the Iberostar Laguna Azul last May on our honeymoon and didn't see any homeless people at the resort or anywhere in Veradero for that matter.
Oh, wow, thanks! We will check it out I love Cuba! Been working on my "Cubano" tan for a while now

Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Ditto all of this.

However, if you do want to vacation in a bubble, the 3 adjacent Marriott resorts (Ocean Club, Surf Club, Stellaris) on Palm Beach, Aruba have security guards around the beach to keep everyone but Marriott guests out (day and night).

I suppose any self-contained higher end resort would likely be able to keep the offensive people out of your line of sight as well. The Waldorf El Conquistador in Puerto Rico may also fit your criteria.
Yeah, Aruba...I loved Aruba. I stayed in Westin...Do not recall seeing any bums other than huge iguanas hunting for my cherry in my Colada...

Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
We had some friends head to Domincan Republic right after the earthquake and for me it was hard to look at their happy beachy throwing money around vacation when people on the other side of the "island" in Haiti were still digging out and suffering terribly.
That's the way the world is what can you do. Alot of these incredible resort areas we Americans go to are a stones throw over a tall gated fence into poverty and desperation. Guess what homeless people are everywhere.
I'm sure there are many resorts you can go to that don't allow regular society in.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM

271 posts, read 600,651 times
I don't think I would use the term "bum free", different people are in different situations. It just sounds cruel and judgemental.

Not to be disrepecful but maybe staying home may be in your best interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel