Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamelky View Post
We love Houston and want to relocate there because of its family-oriented feel their. This is something San Antonio is seriously missing. WE love the accessible culture in Houston and all that is has to offer for kids to enjoy such as the Aquarium, NASA Space Center, Museums, and local parks all over the place. The city is much cleaner than San Antonio and Dallas. I would choose Houston hands down!
Houston is cleaner than Dallas? I must have been sick that day.

Either way, Dallas can sometimes be too clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 AM

231 posts, read 814,226 times
this is my personal opinion but I think Houston has more educated black males then Dallas and definitely more than San Antonio

Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
San Antonio metro has about 140,000 black population. The black community in San Antonio is united, one reason it has the largest MLK parade in the U.S.
No offense dude, but that's pretty weak for a metro of over 2.1 Mill.

Tyler's CSA of 260K probably has more Blacks than that.

EDIT: ~52,000 Blacks in Tyler's metro area

Last edited by Metro Matt; 10-10-2011 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM

392 posts, read 749,795 times
The main things San Antonio has over the other two, would be more sunshine, much better traffic, and gorgeous terrain/scenery. Houston and Dallas have larger metro areas with a lot more diversity and probably a lot more employment opportunity. Obviously, yes, if you're looking to be near a lot of black people, San Antonio's not the place. Folks are nice and accepting here of course, but if you want more black people around to perhaps relate with or whatever, that will be a bit more difficult in the Alamo City.

Career-wise and whatnot, I may one day end up in Houston or back perhaps in Louisiana (probably Lafayette)... BUT, regardless, I'm really enjoying San Antonio right now and am glad I moved here. I don't think you can go wrong really with all 3 big cities.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:18 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston or Dallas would fit your needs. Cedar Hill has a prominent middle class Black community just south of Dallas. Missouri City in Southwest Houston is where you'll find the middle class Black population.

San Antonio is majority Hispanic & White. You'll rarely encounter a Black person there.
You do not "rarely" encounter blacks in San Antonio. You'll see them all the time. Just spending time around the city, you wouldn't think the black population is as small as it actually is.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:10 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
You do not "rarely" encounter blacks in San Antonio. You'll see them all the time. Just spending time around the city, you wouldn't think the black population is as small as it actually is.
Yeah; I wouldn't say it's a rarity to see blacks in San Antonio. However, it's rare to see many congregated in one location.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Yeah; I wouldn't say it's a rarity to see blacks in San Antonio. However, it's rare to see many congregated in one location.
What do you mean exactly? Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but I'm wondering.

In some of the more popular spots/hangouts in SA, I'd say that the crowd will be around 15% black, despite the city only having a percentage of about 6. Last time I was in San Antonio, I saw quite a few blacks in the North Star Mall area and around that bus transit center.

The times that Grambling and TSU have played at the Alamodome, that building would be packed with black folks, and it's probably the largest crowd of blacks the city had ever seen.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
Quote:
What do you mean exactly? Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but I'm wondering.

In some of the more popular spots/hangouts in SA, I'd say that the crowd will be around 15% black, despite the city only having a percentage of about 6. Last time I was in San Antonio, I saw quite a few blacks in the North Star Mall area and around that bus transit center.

The times that Grambling and TSU have played at the Alamodome, that building would be packed with black folks, and it's probably the largest crowd of blacks the city had ever seen.
Yeah, but that's becomes that game is a big deal for blacks all over the state. I was speaking about seeing lots of blacks in one area many times. You have to stick to certain areas to see that.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times
Quote:
SA's Black population is mainly military since SA has large bases there.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
SA's Black population is mainly military since SA has large bases there.
Well there are plenty of blacks there who are not military, but either way, it still doesn't translate into someone rarely seeing blacks there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas