Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 PM

33 posts, read 50,975 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm just curious my fiance and I decided Sacramento is not for us he works a dead end job I stay home with our kids we have 2, he makes about 2,000 a month and that is with no benefits in a warehouse we want to start over a new life we can't afford to have any more kids on this income or even really live life.
We were thinking of moving to Texas because we hear they have so many jobs opportunities and with benefits and the cost Of living is cheap but I am wondering is there anywhere else better for jobs and cost of living plus texas weather is crazy. We are willing to live in crazy weather just need some advice.

I'm looking at every state for

climate (my son has really bad allergies) Sacramento is city of trees he suffers here

Best schools to send my kids

Pay off jobs with benefits tired of struggling

Jobs availability

rental cost 700 is nothing in Sacramento we get the ghetto for that price

Cost of living

air quality I know texas is pretty bad but they are cheaper to live

Fun! We do alot with our kids every weekend but also need that alone time with out kids dancing etc

Housing cost after we move my family plan on following us and want to retire

Gas prices, I've seen our gas go almost to $5 lowest about $2.37

We are a family of Mexicans too half of us are light skinned and the other are dark skinned I don't want to relocate and go somewhere people won't accept us we are not illegals either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Welcome to city-data

I hope you end up doing something that makes YOU HAPPY.... Sometimes it pays IN THE LONG RUN to stay where you are as you know how things are there,etc..........

Good luck to you my friend!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 AM

30,526 posts, read 16,222,191 times
given your son's allergies, I think I'd start looking in the southwest-desert area. Basically any place where there's a change in seasons will probably not be good for him.

Saying that based on my sister's allergies-she moved to west TX.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Welcome to city-data

I hope you end up doing something that makes YOU HAPPY.... Sometimes it pays IN THE LONG RUN to stay where you are as you know how things are there,etc..........

Good luck to you my friend!
Thank you we've been here our whole lives and nothing will change my grandma was going to buy a house but 200,000 can't even buy her a shack so we are looking to move

Old 03-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
given your son's allergies, I think I'd start looking in the southwest-desert area. Basically any place where there's a change in seasons will probably not be good for him.

Saying that based on my sister's allergies-she moved to west TX.
Hello so texas did help her? I have been doing alot of research on texas we are looking at 3 cities

irving tx is by dallas or dallas alone,

Houston Texas

and the best part of San Antonio

what do you know about texas?

Old 03-24-2015, 12:31 PM

Default san antonio (best part) vs dallas (best part maybe irving?) vs Houston (best part)

I don't mind living in subarb area but I'd like to have access to the city I don't know where to relocate my family we have so far 5,000 so far we are saving more I need to pick a city so I can start looking for a job my bf does warehouse jobs makes about 2 , 000 a month and no benefits we ate looking for a better life then this we are in Sacramento California but looking to move to Texas we are scared of Hurricanes and tornadoes lol but willing to move still I don't know texas so I don't know which city is a great city for us after we move my family plan on moving and following us my grandma wants to retire and buy a house 200,000 to buy a house in Sacramento can't buy us a shack we want higher paid jobs and cheaper living

I'm looking for

climate (my son has really bad allergies) Sacramento is city of trees he suffers here

Best schools to send my kids

Pay of jobs with benefits tired of struggling

Jobs availability

rental cost 700 is nothing in Sacramento we get the ghetto for that price

Cost of living

air quality I know texas is pretty bad but they are cheaper to live

Fun! We do alot with our kids every weekend but also need that alone time with out kids dancing etc

Housing cost after we move my family plan on following us and want to retire

Gas prices, I've seen our gas go almost to $5 lowest about $2.37

Old 03-24-2015, 12:46 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Probably should move this to the Texas forum. That said, strike Dallas off your list. It was voted as one of the worst cities for allergies.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:57 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Probably should move this to the Texas forum. That said, strike Dallas off your list. It was voted as one of the worst cities for allergies.
The two related threads have been merged and moved to the Texas forum.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:59 PM

Lol yes I'm new to this sorry

Old 03-24-2015, 02:20 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
It would depend on what allergies you have? San Antonio and Austin have a season for cedar, but it does not affect everyone. We also have a small Oak season and random bout of mold showing up in the pollen count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas