Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:36 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,156,907 times

Advertisements

Born in Texas so I feel I can respond. Blue Bell Banana Split!! sends tingles up my leg(and elsewhere)! Tastes like the old time soda fountain banana splits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 05:16 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Hi, Texas C-D'ers. Once again, I'd like us to gather around our cozy computer campfire because I'm on another mission. For my first thread of 2009, I'd like to find out what kind of ice cream we Texans like? What's your favorite? Vanilla? Chocolate? Peach? There is something for all of us. Maybe there's a rare or odd flavor that might be a personal favorite of yours. And there's probably something that's a longtime favorite and a personal tradition, too.

My big favorites are vanilla (Blue Bell), chocolate-chip vanilla, peach, cookies and cream, and strawberry. And just for an extra, my favorite ice cream milkshake is still chocolate. Still have a thing for shakes, and I know some of you do, too. In addition, there may be an ice cream brand that's sacred to you, as well. You can share with us about that.

Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl, in a cup, or in a cone?? Just for the record for that, I have no preference. For some, it may matter to a point that it's the be-all/end-all, but for others, maybe not.

So, what say we gather together around, roast a few marshmallows, and discuss your favorite ice cream? Another great food thread is underway, so let's have some fun, fellow Texans. Ready, set, let 'er rip!!
Good topic, my friend!

Even though I am not a big ice-cream eater...

BlueBell of course as the brand! Vanilla far and away the flavor. And where all the twain shall meet would be in a bowl, with a little chocolate syrup, pecan chips sprinkled on top, lots of whipped cream, and several maraschino cherries and several spoonfuls of the "juice" to top it all off.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:17 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
You know what I wish we still had.. Ice Cream Soda Fountains.
There ya go, buddy.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:19 PM

469 posts, read 1,451,972 times
Braums peppermint ice cream is it for me. Although when I do get to a Braums (they don't have them here in Houston,) it is a scoop of peppermint on the bottom, chocolate almond on the top.
Oh man, time for a road trip!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
Sherberts have my vote.. they rock!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Good topic, my friend!

Even though I am not a big ice-cream eater...

BlueBell of course as the brand! Vanilla far and away the flavor. And where all the twain shall meet would be in a bowl, with a little chocolate syrup, pecan chips sprinkled on top, lots of whipped cream, and several maraschino cherries and several spoonfuls of the "juice" to top it all off.
You can also do frozen yogurt as another option, if you wish.

For me, vanilla ice cream has to have hot fudge if I choose not to eat it plain. And plain is good.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 PM

288 posts, read 1,191,565 times
Chocolate chip Blue Bell.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrres View Post
Chocolate chip Blue Bell.
There you go!!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:49 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Blue Bell Rocky Road. The almonds and marshmellows are always fresh.

Favorite fast food ice cream, Braums! The Strawberry (Skrawberry, as my gf says) shakes rule.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
I believe I like Goldenbrook Farms ice cream (manufactured in Tyler, I think) better than Blue Bell although BB's cookies and cream is better.

GbF Cha-Cha Chocolate is to die for.....chocolate ice cream, chocolate fudge / cinammon swirl, chocolate brownies, chocolate chips, and nuts.

Another one they make that's delightful is Kona Coffee.

I avoid them often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: