Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite pie flavor?
Apple 11 13.10%
Cherry 7 8.33%
Blackberry 3 3.57%
Pecan 30 35.71%
Blueberry 3 3.57%
Peach 7 8.33%
Pumpkin 6 7.14%
Other 17 20.24%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,685,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I make a mean key lime pie!

As for cheesecakes...is there a bad one?!?! I also make a great pumpkin cheesecake and german chocolate cheesecake. I would probably say my german chocolate cheesecake is my favorite!
When you move to Texas, have you ever thought of starting a business here making different kinds of cheesecakes? Your German Chocolate Cheesecake would be at the top of my list along with German Chocolate Ice Cream at B&R 31 Flavors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,388,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
When you move to Texas, have you ever thought of starting a business here making different kinds of cheesecakes? Your German Chocolate Cheesecake would be at the top of my list along with German Chocolate Ice Cream at B&R 31 Flavors!
Well, if I knew I could make a living out of it, that wouldn't be a bad idea! My BIL and nephew both say that I make the BEST apple pie they have ever tasted! Co-workers love my cheesecakes. Cheesecakes are time-consuming though. I love to bake. I would much rather bake than cook.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 AM

779 posts, read 2,250,828 times
Quote:
Well, if I knew I could make a living out of it, that wouldn't be a bad idea! My BIL and nephew both say that I make the BEST apple pie they have ever tasted! Co-workers love my cheesecakes. Cheesecakes are time-consuming though. I love to bake. I would much rather bake than cook.
Soon after you make it to Texas, I will be visiting your shop to try your apple pie. I am crazy about apple pie. But apple pie in Texas, now that just takes the cake.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 AM

Well...I can see that I am going to have to make apple pie and German choc. cheesecake for our C-D reunion next Summer in Texas for y'all. I don't think my apple pie is anything special, but my BIL and nephew go ape over it.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:54 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,265,816 times
Quote:
Well...I can see that I am going to have to make apple pie and German choc. cheesecake for our C-D reunion next Summer in Texas for y'all. I don't think my apple pie is anything special, but my BIL and nephew go ape over it.
Do you make your own pie crust? Nothing better than a good flakey pie crust.

I like peach pies right out of the oven.. Haven't had one sense my mother passed away.

I wish I'd have learned from her but I grew up when guys didn't cook at home.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:08 PM

20,527 posts, read 33,623,076 times
Where in the world is Sweet Potato Pie? I am disgusted with the choices. How dare you.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Do you make your own pie crust? Nothing better than a good flakey pie crust.

I like peach pies right out of the oven.. Haven't had one sense my mother passed away.

I wish I'd have learned from her but I grew up when guys didn't cook at home.
Sometimes I make my own crust--depends if I'm in a hurry! Pillsbury frozen roll out crusts are pretty damn good. But homemade is best, I agree.

My fav pie is warm peach pie straight from the oven as well! And NO canned peaches...only fresh. If they aren't in season then no peach pies are made in my house!

It's not hard to learn how to make pies. Pies are my fav things to make. Now pie crust can be difficult.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,905,291 times
Quote:
Sometimes I make my own crust--depends if I'm in a hurry! Pillsbury frozen roll out crusts are pretty damn good. But homemade is best, I agree.

My fav pie is warm peach pie straight from the oven as well! And NO canned peaches...only fresh. If they aren't in season then no peach pies are made in my house!

It's not hard to learn how to make pies. Pies are my fav things to make. Now pie crust can be difficult.
I can't tell you how many piecrusts I've thrown in the trash. Just never got the hang of it!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,638,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Where in the world is Sweet Potato Pie? I am disgusted with the choices. How dare you.
LOL I stand with you, Spade!

Granting of course that I am not really a pie eater, the spread doesn't look quite the same without it!

Of course, while genuinely believing all the above, I must be honest and say at least SOME part of the agreement was based on that I caught so much hell on previous polls I started for not listing items which I noticed to late had been neglected.

SOOOO, it is nice to be able to sit back and look accusingly at my good friend Case! Hee Hee (just kiddin' buddy!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I can't tell you how many piecrusts I've thrown in the trash. Just never got the hang of it!!
Yeah, I've thrown a few batches away as well! My aunt had a "no-fail" recipe which I use, but for the life of me, I think I packed it away. I'm in the middle of packing up my house for the potential move to Austin. I don't want to go digging through boxes now. But once I get moved and settled, I will try to find that recipe for ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas