Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 09:55 AM

20,536 posts, read 33,677,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Pro Bowl in Arlington, Texas, is no cinch

Pro Bowl in Arlington, Texas, is no cinch | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

Injury wise heading into the Superbowl this makes no sense as both superbowl rosters will have some pro bowl players. Also MIAMI? WTF. The Pro Bowl isn't a real game anyway. It's the NFL sending you to vacation in Hawaii for a week and because you get on the field and play a game they get to write the whole thing off. Keep it a week after the Super Bowl and keep it in Hawaii.

This is for the fans most of all. That's the only reason they are bringing it over here. Because nobody cares about it being in Hawaii. In fact, we lose interest FAST after the superbowl. As much as we like the game in America, our interest fades quickly after the superbowl.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:54 AM

9,221 posts, read 16,000,136 times
Not really. The Pro Bowl + Pro Bowl events has always been the "last hurrah" for the NFL before the off-season. I love watching the Pro Bowl because it's my last chance to watch some NFL Football. I highly doubt taking it out of Hawaii will make it any better and having it the week before the Super Bowl will have any player who plays in the SB not play in the Pro Bowl. I think this will be a one year test for the NFL and they will realize it was a dumb decision.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 AM

342 posts, read 687,313 times
Come on let's get real I have had the chance to live in both cites and let's be honest it like comparing a salsbury steak to a ribeye houston comes out on top any day dallas is bland yeah there are a few things dallas are good for but we are talkin overall houston is better hands down its the king of texas I mean the city was the capitol of texas the original capitol the only reason it was moved because the city already had too much going on so they had to split the powers houston is one the origianl cities in texas and dallas wasn't even thought of until ten years later so houston is texas all dallas is doing is trying to keep up with the jones and that's not gonna last too long because the city is visited by 31 million people a year the most in texas compared to dallas 22.3 million a year. And houston is full of culture while dallas lacks it houston is home of one the largest asian communities in the nation and even has a little china town and dallas I don't think even had an african american mayor yet and another number that's incredible houston is expectes to grow atleast a million every ten years while dallas isn't even close. The downtown scene is nice and getting better and becomin a combination of 6th street/ new orleans and plus the city is still building so dallas think there barely keeping up with houston now check back in a few years people are gonna forget about dallas. Our beach is closer to us than fort worth is to dallas and you should know what type of city dallas is if bush picks it out no suprise because half the people there have the same attitude he does and that not saying a lot

Old 02-02-2009, 02:22 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,934,254 times
whoa there raymondm, take a breath already... your post is very hard to read.

Anyway, that ribeye steak don't taste so good when your sweating all over it because of the hot and humid climate. Not to mention the mosquitoes and pollution. And here's your African-American mayor:

Old 02-02-2009, 05:56 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,711,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
Come on let's get real I have had the chance to live in both cites and let's be honest it like comparing a salsbury steak to a ribeye houston comes out on top any day dallas is bland yeah there are a few things dallas are good for but we are talkin overall houston is better hands down its the king of texas I mean the city was the capitol of texas the original capitol the only reason it was moved because the city already had too much going on so they had to split the powers houston is one the origianl cities in texas and dallas wasn't even thought of until ten years later so houston is texas all dallas is doing is trying to keep up with the jones and that's not gonna last too long because the city is visited by 31 million people a year the most in texas compared to dallas 22.3 million a year. And houston is full of culture while dallas lacks it houston is home of one the largest asian communities in the nation and even has a little china town and dallas I don't think even had an african american mayor yet and another number that's incredible houston is expectes to grow atleast a million every ten years while dallas isn't even close. The downtown scene is nice and getting better and becomin a combination of 6th street/ new orleans and plus the city is still building so dallas think there barely keeping up with houston now check back in a few years people are gonna forget about dallas. Our beach is closer to us than fort worth is to dallas and you should know what type of city dallas is if bush picks it out no suprise because half the people there have the same attitude he does and that not saying a lot
Yes, Dallas has had an African-American mayor, when I lived there, in fact. The city elected Ron Kirk mayor in 1993. He was recently chosen to serve in Obama's cabinet. Houston elected Lee Brown, its first black mayor, in 1997. He served the maximum of three terms before electing current mayor Bill White.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 37,004,095 times
Quote:
I just got a headache from trying to read through all of the run-on sentences.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 AM

20,536 posts, read 33,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Not really. The Pro Bowl + Pro Bowl events has always been the "last hurrah" for the NFL before the off-season. I love watching the Pro Bowl because it's my last chance to watch some NFL Football. I highly doubt taking it out of Hawaii will make it any better and having it the week before the Super Bowl will have any player who plays in the SB not play in the Pro Bowl. I think this will be a one year test for the NFL and they will realize it was a dumb decision.
C'mon now. Hardly anyone watches the Pro Bowl and hardly anyone cares for the events. That's why it has some of the worse ratings as far as all star games. Mostly because fans do not care that the game is in Hawaii. If it on the mainland in NFL cities, I think people would pay attention to it though slightly. After teh superbowl, we lose interest in football quickly.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:31 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,288,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I just got a headache from trying to read through all of the run-on sentences.
lol! I did too. He does good on the way he represents Houston but bad on repping education and grammar!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 PM

342 posts, read 687,313 times
well excuse my improper grammer i still think i did good cosidering i did it from my phone and im not writing an essay so i could care less im just trying to get this out while driving and ribeye is better than salsbury steak anyday i dont know what kind of steak youve been eating and thats good both cities had an black mayor but no one made a valid point to defend dallas and if you knew your geography u would know the reason why its humid because its so close to the gulf of mexico all yall have is that ugly man made lake that has trees growing out of it and dallas has a mesquito problem too along with drought periods in the summer when it get hot as 109 degrees at times so come on young man lets find some valid points instead of having nothing to say but rag on my grammer

Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,288,502 times
Quote:
well excuse my improper grammer i still think i did good cosidering i did it from my phone and im not writing an essay so i could care less im just trying to get this out while driving and ribeye is better than salsbury steak anyday i dont know what kind of steak youve been eating and thats good both cities had an black mayor but no one made a valid point to defend dallas and if you knew your geography u would know the reason why its humid because its so close to the gulf of mexico all yall have is that ugly man made lake that has trees growing out of it and dallas has a mesquito problem too along with drought periods in the summer when it get hot as 109 degrees at times so come on young man lets find some valid points instead of having nothing to say but rag on my grammer
well as long as you're aware of your grammar, i feel better. It would be scary if that was really how you typed.

But i agree with everything you said in your post but since Dallas is a little more ritzy than Houston, i wouldn't exactly call it salisbury steak!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas