Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 02:51 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,483,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
I like how the article on the 100+ million dollar renovation to Memorial Park gets ignored while people continue to bicker about which city references the other the most.. Houston and Dallas are like NYC and Chicago.. Their history will always be intertwined.
Ok what kind of response were you looking for?....besides the "who cares" response that you got?.......im just curious

Old 09-18-2014, 03:09 PM

23 posts, read 25,157 times
Quote:
Memorial Park master plan is underway.. preliminary plans show NINE land bridges spanning barriers (roads and rail road tracks) throughout the park.

Memorial Park proposal bridges history and ecology - Houston Chronicle
Another story about constructing a highway overpass...BO-RING!

from your "chron"
"A multi-thousand development of constructing a McDonald's in 610"
"La Quinta plans to renovate rooms"
"New guide signs in Katy freeway"

Houstonians are so over-hyper when a small building is constructed

Old 09-18-2014, 03:13 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,579,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Ok what kind of response were you looking for?....besides the "who cares" response that you got?.......im just curious
well.. considering this is a city vs city thread, and a group dropping 100+ million dollars on a park renovation will improve the QOL for the citizens of Houston, i think its note worthy. last i checked the number of times a city mentioned a "rival city" had no reflection on the QOL in said city.

i dont see Dallas dropping 150 million dollars on park renovations..

Old 09-18-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowlettEagles View Post
Another story about constructing a highway overpass...BO-RING!

from your "chron"
"A multi-thousand development of constructing a McDonald's in 610"
"La Quinta plans to renovate rooms"
"New guide signs in Katy freeway"

Houstonians are so over-hyper when a small building is constructed
this coming from someone who lives in a city that hyped their first 5 stack interchange like it was the greatest thing since sliced butter. Houston had had 5 stacks for a 2 decades before Dallas finally got one.

you do realize all the construction activity going on in Houston atm right? i assure you people are not getting hyped about a La Quinta renovation.

and btw.. they are ECODUCTs. not highway overpasses.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
well.. considering this is a city vs city thread, and a group dropping 100+ million dollars on a park renovation will improve the QOL for the citizens of Houston, i think its note worthy. last i checked the number of times a city mentioned a "rival city" had no reflection on the QOL in said city.

i dont see Dallas dropping 150 million dollars on park renovations..
If we did you houstonians would swear up and down that the money was wasted...and that Dallas over does stuff.....So enjoy your park.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
If we did you houstonians would swear up and down that the money was wasted...and that Dallas over does stuff.....So enjoy your park.
there is nothing wasteful about spending money to improve the QOL for your citizens..

i forgot, Dallas cant even afford to renovate Pacific Plaza, much less drop 150 million on a project.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
this coming from someone who lives in a city that hyped their first 5 stack interchange like it was the greatest thing since sliced butter. Houston had had 5 stacks for a 2 decades before Dallas finally got one.

you do realize all the construction activity going on in Houston atm right? i assure you people are not getting hyped about a La Quinta renovation.

and btw.. they are ECODUCTs. not highway overpasses.
About time houston got a park on top of their freeways and your "5 stacks" are decaying.
Houston has construction every inch of the city...Yada yada yada...and THANK YOU HOUSTON for creating space junk above since your guys are "space city"

Old 09-18-2014, 03:33 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,789,870 times
The grammatical skills on this thread make me seriously question our English curriculum in the school system.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
there is nothing wasteful about spending money to improve the QOL for your citizens..

i forgot, Dallas cant even afford to renovate Pacific Plaza, much less drop 150 million on a project.
oh....and saying this gave you an orgasm?.....I just told you to enjoy your park and you got offended so you felt the need to bash Dallas in some kind of way.....PATHETIC

Old 09-18-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowlettEagles View Post
About time houston got a park on top of their freeways and your "5 stacks" are decaying.
Houston has construction every inch of the city...Yada yada yada...and THANK YOU HOUSTON for creating space junk above since your guys are "space city"
To add, houston likes to dump oil chemicals into the gulf, and blaming you Galveston water on Louisiana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas