Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
No, you wouldn't. I'm sure not even your fellow boosters believe that BS.
i have, and I will again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Negro you from Waco, Texas. Get off Houston, Texas sour nutts... central Texas boy.....
He has been living here for yars, he has people here. He has roots deepening here. For all inents and purposes ich bin Houstonian.... No wait I said that wrong.

I mean: er ist Houstonian.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
They're not letting it go. Like I said, they'll pick the opinions that suit them. Had I said that Houston had far better shopping, they would've kept their mouths shut.

I swear they embarrass Houston with such pathetic behavior. Poor kids.
You're wrong on both accounts. I have always stated Dallas has better shopping; It's just not far better.

Quote:
Of course Dallas. Houston has lot of great stores as well! I'm not high maintence so there both good cities to shop in for me.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...s-houston.html

Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
and recently pulled in an H&M...... a big deal for fashionable young people in much of urban America.
I first encountered H&M in Europe. I absolutely loved it. However, in Europe it ain't a big deal at all.

More on the level of American eagle or american Apparel. Although love their clothes (especially their soft polos- they seem to fit much better than their american counterparts) getting one isn't really adding to high end, but it would increase options.

also, I have visited some of the stores in the US- Mainly in NY, and found that the clothes are differently cut from the ones available in Europe. For some reason they don't fit as well. So I would welcome H&M here but not be doing cartwheels over it like in Europe. Would rather save my money and buy my Clothes in Sweden or Switzerland

What I would love is a Gola store.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:23 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You're wrong on both accounts. I have always stated Dallas has better shopping; It's just not far better.
To you. To me, Dallas does have far better shopping, and that's how it will remain until Houston steps its game up.

It's not as if any of this is based in fact. "Better" is a completely relative term in this instance, and whether or not something is "far" better or only "a little" better is entirely up to the individual. You're not allowed to tell me I'm wrong or exaggerating about that. It doesn't work that way.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 AM

875 posts, read 1,662,224 times
Quote:
Can't argue that.

But they don't, though. The biggest difference is that Dallas has a Barney's New York and recently pulled in an H&M. The former is a major department store catering to high contemporary fashion and the latter has lately become a big deal for fashionable young people in much of urban America.

Dallas has always been the city that cared more about fashion, while many Houstonians could care less, so I'm not sure why it's become such an issue that DFW would be revered as the better shopping destination.

As far as the malls go, I like Dallas' better (adding to the better shopping experience), but the crowds in Houston's malls are definitely more interesting.
Houston has a Barneys and Houston is getting some H & M location as well. Its still no difference to me. And Houstonians do care about fashion, we have the Galleria, which is the largest mall in TX.

H&M looking at three mall locations for first Houston stores - 2011-Aug-22 - CultureMap Houston

Barneys New York CO-OP Store Locations and Hours

Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Houston has a Barneys and Houston is getting some H & M location as well. Its still no difference to me. And Houstonians do care about fashion, we have the Galleria, which is the largest mall in TX.

H&M looking at three mall locations for first Houston stores - 2011-Aug-22 - CultureMap Houston

Barneys New York CO-OP Store Locations and Hours
Barneys New York and the CO-OP are two completely different things. Dallas has the full department store, and Houston only has the little outlet location.

You do have a fashionable crowd in Houston, but it is nowhere near as infamous as Dallas.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 AM

875 posts, read 1,662,224 times
Quote:
Barneys New York and the CO-OP are two completely different things. Dallas has the full department store, and Houston only has the little outlet location.

You do have a fashionable crowd in Houston, but it is nowhere near as infamous as Dallas.
I still think the cities are the same for shopping and fashion...WE are not in NY or LA

Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:

Dallas' claim to fame is Neiman's aka Needless Markup.

Most people can't afford to shop there on a regular basis anyways. Their Grapevine Mills outlet location gets more foot traffic than their Downtown Dallas store.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 AM

^^I hate all those department stores. Nordstrom, macy's all of them whether they are cheaper ones or not, hate them all.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
^^I hate all those department stores. Nordstrom, macy's all of them whether they are cheaper ones or not, hate them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas' claim to fame is Neiman's aka Needless Markup.

Most people can't afford to shop there on a regular basis anyways. Their Grapevine Mills outlet location gets more foot traffic than their Downtown Dallas store.
Lol, making jokes about these stores doesn't make them any less important and iconic than they are. Simply put, if you care even the least bit about fashion, these department stores are relevant to you. If you don't care about fashion, then so be it.

It's not as if I can afford to get my entire wardrobe from these places, but there's some real quality things in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas