Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 01:16 PM

717 posts, read 899,296 times

Advertisements

I love the spirit and the people of Houston, but aside from all the tall buildings, I can't say there's much else that's fascinating about the city. Atleast not when it comes to urbanity

Dallas is a more presentable city, but can also be pretty bland.

It upsets me that in the state I love, there's no city for me to love.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:35 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
I love the spirit and the people of Houston, but aside from all the tall buildings, I can't say there's much else that's fascinating about the city. Atleast not when it comes to urbanity

Dallas is a more presentable city, but can also be pretty bland.

It upsets me that in the state I love, there's no city for me to love.
What type of cities do you love???

I hate how in our cities; they lack that strong hometown pride like you find in places like Chicago or NY.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:12 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Wow, Dallas. Wow.

Why You Hatin? « disported

I seem to remember most Houstonians rooting for Dallas during the Finals since most hated the Heat. I thought the Heat would win, but it was nice to see the Dallas vets win. I mean, Houston may be jealous of Dallas' sports success (number of titles), but city wise, everyone knows Dallas wishes it was Houston. They steal our slang, steal our clothes, listen to our music, copy our style, etc., and try to play it off as their own. LMAO.

What clothes? What slang? What style? Seriously bro we could care less. All black urban hip hop wear come from NYC just in case you didn't know. From there it trickles down to rest of country.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:18 PM

922 posts, read 1,698,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
What clothes? What slang? What style? Seriously bro we could care less. All black urban hip hop wear come from NYC just in case you didn't know. From there it trickles down to rest of country.
If you listen to Houston rap from the 90's, the style, slang and clothes would basically be a copy of West Coast gangsta rap.

Then around from around 1997 through about 2007 it would be "Baller Rap," or what I call the style No Limit jacked from Cash Money and Blew up with, After that came the Dope Boy rap.

, I see some kind of theme going on here, wonder what that could be?

Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 PM

702 posts, read 2,723,965 times
^ Who still listens to hip hop or rap? I'm 25 and can't be that out of tune with music.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:45 PM

717 posts, read 899,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
If you listen to Houston rap from the 90's, the style, slang and clothes would basically be a copy of West Coast gangsta rap.
There were influences, but no they weren't copying anything. Back then Houston had more parallels with the rest of the southern rap movement.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Wow, Dallas. Wow.

Why You Hatin? « disported

I seem to remember most Houstonians rooting for Dallas during the Finals since most hated the Heat. I thought the Heat would win, but it was nice to see the Dallas vets win. I mean, Houston may be jealous of Dallas' sports success (number of titles), but city wise, everyone knows Dallas wishes it was Houston. They steal our slang, steal our clothes, listen to our music, copy our style, etc., and try to play it off as their own. LMAO.

I don't give a damn about sports so that makes it NOTHING that this Houstonian is envious of in Dallas

Old 07-02-2011, 09:16 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times
Everybody knows, Houston and Dallas, are jealous of Waskom....you better check yourselves before you wreck yourselves, suckers!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:55 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
From smackdown to now the daily joke. This thread continues to evolve.
Both of you know it's true. Didn't kdogg say that K104 use to play Houston rap over Dallas rap for the longest time? Ever taken the time to listen to some DSR tapes? They try to sound like the SUC from Houston. I remember wearing JNCO jeans in elementary school in the late-90s. and I come to DFW and they're still wearing them 2006. The slang...it's obvious with that one. When I went to Prairie View's homecoming, this guy was describing his car to us at the freshman lots and I asked if he was from Houston. "No, I'm from that D". So why you describing your car like it's a Paul Wall or Slim Thug music video? I never noticed it until actually living in DFW.

Edit: I type this as I hear Jesse James playing from the parking lot of my apartments.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:19 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Both of you know it's true. Didn't kdogg say that K104 use to play Houston rap over Dallas rap for the longest time? Ever taken the time to listen to some DSR tapes? They try to sound like the SUC from Houston. I remember wearing JNCO jeans in elementary school in the late-90s. and I come to DFW and they're still wearing them 2006. The slang...it's obvious with that one. When I went to Prairie View's homecoming, this guy was describing his car to us at the freshman lots and I asked if he was from Houston. "No, I'm from that D". So why you describing your car like it's a Paul Wall or Slim Thug music video? I never noticed it until actually living in DFW.
Yes, I've noticed Houston has more rappers and slang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas